audio interface not working, help please

Callum

I've just got an Edirol FA-101 and I can't get it working properly, as far as I'm concerned I've installed all the drivers and everything I need to make it functional but it just won't work.

I am running Windows XP and I have it connected to my laptop using a firewire card that I also bought, it is a Belkin F5U512 and the person selling it said that it is compatible with windows XP, however the manual included states that it only work on 98, ME and 2000. However the official Belkin website also says it runs on XP.

When I open my list of audio drivers in my DAW Edirol FA-101 driver is there but it says there are no inputs or outputs connected, when I click on advanced settings it displays a message reading "Driver is not active".

I hope this is enough information for someone to assist me, I would really appreciate the help right now and if you need more details please ask me. Thank you.

Does it have a Texas Instruments chipset?? (you can find out in your device manager)

You do NOT want anything other than a TI-chip'ed card for audio interfaces.

yes that is what I have, it's Texas Instruments PCI-1510 CardBus Controller.

Last edited:
I'm running Vista now, so my memory of XP is a little faded, which is why I'm going to start with device manager.

When you open up device manager, is the belkin firewire card displayed with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle to the left of it (Again I'm using Vista so this may differ slightly). If not, then go to either sound, video and game controllers or storage controllers (I don't have a simular setup, to know where the firewire card will be, but in short, you're going to have to look for it). Once you find it, then right click on the device and you should see the options:

Update driver software
Disable
Uninstal
Scan for hardware changes
properties.

If when you right click, you list has enable as the second option, then that's your problem.

If that doesn't help, try going to the Belkin website and download the latest driver for your operating system.

I hope this helps

For you guys who can't resist commenting about my using vista, it get's worse.....I'm running it on a acer pc, what has the recession done to me :(

Back