ART v- pre amp??

looser

are thoes ART pre amps in musicans friends for like 80$ worth for how cheep or not even bother. im kinda on a budget

v-pre? If you mean the Tube MP studio V2 or V3, then yeah they are OK. The Tube MP's have a "warm" sound (some would call it "dull") that suits vocals well on condensers. But get the "Studio" ones that have a VU meter.

If you record vocals with an SM57 or other dynamic, you probably want a preamp that is brighter that the Tube MP's.

I bought the ART TPS a year ago and it's adequate for DI'ing bass & gits. Equipped with a "Variable Voicing" function that s'posedly provides amp/instrument modeling. However, when function is engaged and gain is boosted by 6db's or more, sound artifacts are introduced that arebarely noticeable but still apparent upon critical listening. No discernible coloration of signal yet if you're looking for that "warmth", this unit severly lacks it.

I recently picked up a ART DPS II... I fricken love that thing!! It's under $300 and can be used in many applications. It also has onboard converters and inserts.

lost studios said:
I recently picked up a ART DPS II... I fricken love that thing!! It's under $300 and can be used in many applications. It also has onboard converters and inserts.

How would you compare the conversion quality compared to the Lynx or RME cards?

It's hard to say... I've used all three units. I would say probably inferior to the Lynx or RME, but not by much and it is a wonderful unit.

It's also sweet because you can just use the inserts as balanced line in's straight to the converters... the sampling rate's available are 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96... and you can sync to ADAT.

Back