Are there any good 1U/2U Guitar preamps ??

Minion

Blow Me !!!
Hi Guys , Im looking for a good sounding but not terrorably expensive rack mount guitar preamp , preferably Tube based ......

I don"t need a Lot of features , 2 channels with a Foot switch would be nice but I could get by with one channel .... Something good for Hi-Gain metal tones , I"ll be playing it through a Power amp or into my recording setup ....

Ohh, and I don"t want one of those DSP emulation thingama jigs , Ive had a POD XT Pro for the last week and it is the worst sounding piece of garbage I have ever used .......

I looked into those randal MTS modules which are cheapish and sound pretty good but the Rack with the power supply was quite expensive , anyone know The pinout on the modules so I could connect a DIY PSU ??

Ohh , Maybe a Budget of $300-$400 ......

Thanx

Hey , Thanx for the Tip , It looks like it is a half Rack Space and only has Gain and Volume , I need something that will Fit in a 19in Rack and has at least Tone controlls , I have a Pretty good sounding Tube preamp that I built that has lots of features like analogue speaker sims and a DI but has no Tone controlls so I have to run it through a 15 band EQ which makes it sound better in a lot of ways but does make it a bit noisy ......

Cheers

I just got mine today from UPS.I got both the cream machine and the crunch machine for $300.They came in a full rack mount that h&k made just to hold two 1/2 rack units.The crunch machine has the three tone knobs and a bright switch and is more for the cleans and bluesy crunch.

You can line the cream machine into the cruch machine with the instrument out jack and then use the crunch machine's 1 watt output as the amplifier.You can also check out one of these.It has the tone knobs,tube preamp,but it's not a stand alone amplifier like the others.There is one of these up on ebay now and a clip of one on youtube.

Hughes & Kettner Metal Shredder

Back