Anyone need a Mixing Engineer??

Cdacoron

I charge $100 per song. You can check my group's myspace page to listen to the quality of my work. (www.myspace.com/nextphaze). If your still unsure, I'm willing to work on a portion of your song for free..for example...1st verse and hook. If your satisfied, then its up to you to send in the full tracks, and do business.

I charge so low, because im trying to get myself out there and be noticed. My goal is to do what i love doing, instead of going for the 9 to 5. I'm currently in a group, and we've been together for 5 years. We recently moved to LA to chase this music thing 110% and we are doing it. I understand how it is to be an artist, and the struggles to do what we love doing, So dont be afraid to contact me, and to give your song (or songs) a shot. Remember, im willing to work on part of your song for free if your unsure of the quality.

I take only CDR's and DVD's.
Any bit rate is fine...but I prefer to work with 24bit 44.1khz
If your format is DAT, please convert to either CDR/DVD.

Chris

setup..

Pro Tools Digi 001
Avalon VT737SP
Blue Kiwi Microphone
A whole bunch of plug-ins
Tapco S8's
Aural Exciter 204
Ultrafex Pro

did you check the myspace homie?

HAhahahahahaha

You charge so low? :confused:

www.soulintent.com/services.html

No one charges lower than me, and puts out a professional product like me. I've got albums I've engineered on shelves in Japan, Europe, and all over the US.

I charge "so low" because I'm all about helping dope underground heads get a professional product out to the public, and not taking them for everything they own.

$100 a song? :rolleyes:

That would cost an emcee $1400 to get a 14 track album mixed. Not to mention, they still have to have it mastered.

I've never charged anyone more than $1000 to Mix and Master a whole project.

Take your spam somewhere else, doggie. You ain't "helping" anyone with your ridiculous prices.

To everyone else... sorry for being angry but, these engineers really piss me off when they try to take people for they coin. Anyone who's ever worked with me knows I know my stuff, and I produce a top notch product. Forgive me for getting upset.

I dont have any mixing to be done. As i am a fellow engineer. And i know this isnt a critique thread but what plugins and mics did you use to record the bass parts on lauren hill remix? just curius. Im Not feelin the bass much on that song or really mayby any of them as i'm listening to i sure remember now. The bass just sounds muffled and distorted. It's lil out of control but everything else sounds great you guys got sound and you got skill man.

First of all...im not spamming :) . Im just merely trying to get out there. Obviously "Change of Poets" completely disagrees what im trying to do :(, but okay whatever. I'm not promising some kind of crazy ass super duper professional mix...im basically offering what im capable of doing, and my projects in myspace displays that...and if anyone is in need, then im here. If someone wants a mix like yours, then thats fine too. I guess its not low enough compared to your rates...but some people here gotta eat.

ANYWAYZ....

J-Audio, for all the songs that were on there, i used the Blue Kiwi microphone. I changed the polarity for the beatbox, i should've used the sm58 (if you checked one of my threads in the recording techniques section, im planning to re-record it). The plug-ins that i use are waves plug-ins, and the stock plug-ins that came with my program. Thanks for the critique though, any kind of critique is helpful as it will help my bigger goal. Im glad you like our sound homie, were actually comin out with an album around july...im not mixing or mastering our stuff, were hiring other people to do it.

Last edited:
Cdacoron said:
First of all...im not spamming :) . Im just merely trying to get out there. Obviously "Change of Poets" completely disagrees what im trying to do :(, but okay whatever. I'm not promising some kind of crazy ass super duper professional mix...im basically offering what im capable of doing, and my projects in myspace displays that...and if anyone is in need, then im here. If someone wants a mix like yours, then thats fine too. I guess its not low enough compared to your rates...but some people here gotta eat.

ANYWAYZ....

J-Audio, for all the songs that were on there, i used the Blue Kiwi microphone. I changed the polarity for the beatbox, i should've used the sm58 (if you checked one of my threads in the recording techniques section, im planning to re-record it). The plug-ins that i use are waves plug-ins, and the stock plug-ins that came with my program. Thanks for the critique though, any kind of critique is helpful as it will help my bigger goal. Im glad you like our sound homie, were actually comin out with an album around july...im not mixing or mastering our stuff, were hiring other people to do it.

Sweet That ill be fun to hear. Drop a thread or pm when it does wouldnt mind picking up a copy. But glad to hear your re recording it that will be great let me know when you do

Cadcorn,

Hey I heard ya tracks. That third one blew me away with the in-ya-face type of sound. U guys are very good.

Fu** da haters. They just mad cuz u got sum hot stuff and they dont. I get haters on my myspace also.

good luck with ya stuff.

qb2k5 said:
Cadcorn,

Hey I heard ya tracks. That third one blew me away with the in-ya-face type of sound. U guys are very good.

Fu** da haters. They just mad cuz u got sum hot stuff and they dont. I get haters on my myspace also.

good luck with ya stuff.

I take it that "hater" comment was thrown at me...

So let me tell you. I have albums I've engineered sitting on shelves in every major store in the US. From Best Buy to Wal-Mart. Not to mention the projects I've worked on that are global... My work is on shelves and in CD players of fans in Japan, China, all over Europe, etc.

It's not "hate", fam. It's just honesty. $100 per song is NOT a decent price.

I've worked with a lot of well known artists. I just don't drop names like most cats, because I let my work speak for itself.

Change of POETS said:
I take it that "hater" comment was thrown at me...

So let me tell you. I have albums I've engineered sitting on shelves in every major store in the US. From Best Buy to Wal-Mart. Not to mention the projects I've worked on that are global... My work is on shelves and in CD players of fans in Japan, China, all over Europe, etc.

It's not "hate", fam. It's just honesty. $100 per song is NOT a decent price.

I've worked with a lot of well known artists. I just don't drop names like most cats, because I let my work speak for itself.

I don't know any engineer's that will mix ANYTHING for $100/ song.. Maybe if it's a hobby, but not as a JOB. If you are pushing major units at Best Buy and are charging these people under $100/ song then there is something wrong. Either you are severly underpriced or aren't involved with major label projects.

Most people I know charge $1,000-3,000 range/ per song. I know guys that charge $5000/song.

i have to agree... i mean... i would say for me its a hobby...but eventually, i see it as something to grow later on...mind you that im only 22. and all the stuff that i learned up to this point is through trial and error. Please dont hate yall. I dont have all those crazy credentials that some mixing engineers have, and my current "engineer" status is still being worked on. The reason why we have this forum anyway is to post advice, learn, and help each other out right? so if there are some real professional engineers out there, and if they have clients that cannot afford $1000+ for song, bring them towards this direction.

And in all due respect, how do you charge your clients so low? cuz if i was to analyze 'mixing' hours...you would probably be making like less than $10 an hour? hmmm...makes me think if i should just mix a song for like $10 for the first 3 months or sumthn to at least build some kind of clientele.

Okay, i have a new question here... GIVEN MY CURRENT STATUS, HOW DO BRING CLIENTS IN??? any advice will help. please dont hate.

Chris
www.myspace.com/nextphaze

TonyBelmont said:
I don't know any engineer's that will mix ANYTHING for $100/ song.. Maybe if it's a hobby, but not as a JOB. If you are pushing major units at Best Buy and are charging these people under $100/ song then there is something wrong. Either you are severly underpriced or aren't involved with major label projects.

Most people I know charge $1,000-3,000 range/ per song. I know guys that charge $5000/song.

Two things.

First: I work with Indie labels mostly. The one I do the most work for has worldwide distro, and I've done 9 projects with them so far. I charge them about $1000 per album to mix. I charge $35 an hour to mix. Most majors start at $75 an hour to mix. I get paid fairly, and they don't get ripped off. I average about 2, maybe 3 hours per track on a mix. On a 10 track album, 2 hours per mix works out to $50 an hour, at 3 hours it would be $33 an hour. I'm happy with that. ;)

Second: I keep my prices low, so real artists (not these major label puppets) can afford to produce a professional album without taking food out of their childs mouth.

It pisses me off when an indie artist can't make real music because some engineer wants to charge him $1000 to mix a track. That's ridiculous. :mad:

I became an engineer because of that very reason. I was an indie artist (still am) who couldn't put out an album because it would've cost me over $5000 just for mixing and mastering alone. Throw in another $65 an hour for tracking... :(

If it wasn't for people like me, who look out for the "little guy" in this business. We'd only have the crap that radio pushes out to us to listen to. I serve a huge need in the indie realm, and I'm happy to do it.

If major labels were giving me business (which I'm not even seeking their business) I'd charge them normal prices, because they can afford it. Normal people can't.

Most people you know, are working with major labels. They couldn't care less about real artists who make real music. They all do it for the money, not for the love of the music. I do it for the music, the money is just a bonus...

Remember the name of this forum, fam. HomeRecording.com, not ProRecording.com. We cater to the indie crowd here. :D

Last edited:
Cdacoron said:
And in all due respect, how do you charge your clients so low? cuz if i was to analyze 'mixing' hours...you would probably be making like less than $10 an hour? hmmm...makes me think if i should just mix a song for like $10 for the first 3 months or sumthn to at least build some kind of clientele.

Okay, i have a new question here... GIVEN MY CURRENT STATUS, HOW DO BRING CLIENTS IN??? any advice will help. please dont hate.

Chris
www.myspace.com/nextphaze

Considering it only takes a couple hours to get a great mix, I'm actually making around $35 to $50 an hour. See my last post... The longest I've ever spent on mixing one track, was 6 hours, and that was when I was first starting out, and the session had over 90 files in it. My typical sessions have 50 or so files, and only generally take me two hours to mix.

As far as getting clientelle, I did a few free projects at first, to get my name out. 95% of my business is via referral. I've only had a couple clients in the passed who've stumbled on me, and decided to use my services. Word of mouth is the best promotion possible. It's way better than any advertisement you can pay for.

Change of POETS said:
Remember the name of this forum, fam. HomeRecording.com, not ProRecording.com. We cater to the indie crowd here. :D

I don't understand what "indie vs major label" has to do with recording at home. Did you know that 80% of the major label recordings you hear on the radio are recorded "at home" (almost 100% of all beats are recorded in home studios)...

I put together small Pro Tools systems for every artist signed to one well known major label, and that's where they are recording the majority of their albums (in home studios).

TonyBelmont said:
I don't understand what "indie vs major label" has to do with recording at home. Did you know that 80% of the major label recordings you hear on the radio are recorded "at home" (almost 100% of all beats are recorded in home studios)...

I put together small Pro Tools systems for every artist signed to one well known major label, and that's where they are recording the majority of their albums (in home studios).
The main difference between their "Home Studios" and our home studios, is they have $$$ to drop on top of the line gear. Eminem's home studio has over $300K worth of gear in it. My studio has about $8K worth of gear in it...lol..

Just because it resides in someones home, doesn't make it a "home studio". We're talking about minimal budget and years of gathering equipment to build what I have. You build those studios on a whim for those artists. There's a clear difference in what they can afford for their studios, and the engineering they pay for. I do everything myself, at home, because I have to...

The great majority of major label artists & producers have between $5-10k worth of equipment.. Nearly all of them are tracking with 002 and MBoxes. For every Eminem or Timbaland, there is 10 x Keith Murray's, etc with a 002 and a laptop. All you need is a good mic, a good preamp, a computer and converter... $10k is enough to get a nice setup ...

sup,

Both Cdacoron and Change of poets did very well,no need for anyone to trip!

Its the matter of personal prefference with price,if one charge too much then he'll loose busines,and so on with skills in mixing/mastering.

Both get my props for keeping it clean :D

Back