Anybody remember "the cave"?

Hi.....everyone else
ez was the first person on HR to take the time out to talk to me and give me a welcome and in the archives there's probably some comic banter that traversed the Atlantic from back in the day. It was a regular hoot when he'd go to the analogue forum to wind them up about digital superiority. It was the first real inkling I had that people took these things so seriously.
Come to think of it, his was the first music of anyone's that I listened to here. I still listen to some his "Big Down Low" stuff from yesteryear once in a while.
I still disagree with you about the bass though, ez. :p 5 strings and all !

ez was the first person on HR to take the time out to talk to me and give me a welcome and in the archives there's probably some comic banter that traversed the Atlantic from back in the day. It was a regular hoot when he'd go to the analogue forum to wind them up about digital superiority. It was the first real inkling I had that people took these things so seriously.
Come to think of it, his was the first music of anyone's that I listened to here. I still listen to some his "Big Down Low" stuff from yesteryear once in a while.

They broke the mold and killed the mold maker when they made EZ. Just one cool, funny assed mofo...really glad I got to know him and that he lives close enough that we've been able to hang out a few times and be a welcome to LA HR.com vistors greeter with him.

They broke the mold and killed the mold maker when they made EZ. Just one cool, funny assed mofo...really glad I got to know him and that he lives close enough that we've been able to hang out a few times and be a welcome to LA HR.com vistors greeter with him.

As one such visitor, I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys, having a few beers and talking.

Hey buddy! I have softened on my stance in terms of the number of strings a bass should have. I mean, one of my favorite records ever is the first Cheap Trick album and TP was playing an 12 String, right? Maybe it was just me not knowing what to do with that other string.

And oddly enough my new instrument of choice is a 5 string banjo. lol.

Glad you're still good, dude. You were one of the good ones for sure.

---------- Update ----------

You're too kind! We live too close to not have lunch on occasion. Shoot me a text when you can.

---------- Update ----------

As one such visitor, I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys, having a few beers and talking.

Amen!

Hey dude! How you doing? Miss you, friend. And your music. You still the one of the best players and songwriters I know?

Hey dude! How you doing? Miss you, friend. And your music. You still the one of the best players and songwriters I know?

I'm doing pretty well here in Sacramento. Working on a few different projects, but without a "real" studio things are different. Still, must needs and all that.

I'm doing pretty well here in Sacramento. Working on a few different projects, but without a "real" studio things are different. Still, must needs and all that.
Right, right. I getcha. My old studio has all my recreation shit in it. With a banjo and an acoustic and that's it.

Hello guys, it has been a really long time...................I just logged in..........after 12 years or so.... first thing I did was to look for old post and people I could remember from the past.
Yes True Eurt, she was there all the time and was good to everyone.

I am glad to see that someone brought up the topic of the Cave since I had forgotten that name, but not the place of course. And yes, like most of you, only fond memories of the place.

Okay let me throw some other names which may sound familiar to some of you: Ghost of the FM, HixMix, BongoMan, DogMan. When I checked for any of their last posts could only find Hixmix. Maybe people can delete their profile, who knows....

I totally agree on what has been mentioned before about "How good it was in the Cave" and how things feel so blend these days with places like FB and YT. No comparison really, maybe it has something to do with age and different people looking for different things.

Anyway, I like it that I have found something here from the past, even though it is just a little slice, some people who were around when times were a little slower.............
Will try to get more often to this place. Really would need to start something like a "Modern Cave"

Anyway, I like it that I have found something here from the past, even though it is just a little slice, some people who were around when times were a little slower.............
Will try to get more often to this place. Really would need to start something like a "Modern Cave"

I remember your name but don't think we had a lot of interaction..of course I'm old n forgetful however..Less we not forget ..... the illustrious Mr. Q, Monty, Doc Stawl, and the pants on fire S8tan ( real name Clayton) to name a few more of the old dudes..Pipeline and Dogman are there on the FB dragon Cave.

Dems was the days and they were cool...There's a bunch of the cave dwellers hangin on facebook Here Gets confusing cause they don't always use the ol Dragon Cave names..It definitely is not even close to what we had here for multiple reasons but it is a place to go say HEY to some of our old brothers in music and home recording...and talking shit.

That is it TAE, "Dragon Cave" yes now I do remember it. Well thanks for the FB link, I will add myself to that. Was thinking of getting in touch with Dogman, but can do this now through the FB thing.
I always enjoyed my time here and learned a great deal from all the articles. Well who would not eh? as they are very informative.
Okay will visit from time to time. See you guys later, Cheers, Eddie

Reactions: TAE
I remember your name but don't think we had a lot of interaction..of course I'm old n forgetful however..Less we not forget ..... the illustrious Mr. Q, Monty, Doc Stawl, and the pants on fire S8tan ( real name Clayton) to name a few more of the old dudes..Pipeline and Dogman are there on the FB dragon Cave.

Dems was the days and they were cool...There's a bunch of the cave dwellers hangin on facebook Here Gets confusing cause they don't always use the ol Dragon Cave names..It definitely is not even close to what we had here for multiple reasons but it is a place to go say HEY to some of our old brothers in music and home recording...and talking shit.

If possible I'd like to join it, looks like I would need an actual invite though as your link didn't work.

I'm actually not even sure if those guys would remember me lol

Hey any of ya's that want an invite PM your facebook username and I'll send an invite...

Who was the heavy set black guy who used to post all of the humorous gifs? Bass player.

Personal fave gif, posted by Teysha Blue........chicks at a concert "lick balls, stroke shaft, contemplate existence". A true classic!

No, not Q. The other guy rarely if ever said anything(in the cave). Stayed out of the fray and only posted gifs.

Only gif I recall right off was a woman washing a large chef's knife with a sponge...the sharp cutting side. Caption, "You're doing it wrong".

Who was the heavy set black guy who used to post all of the humorous gifs? Bass player.

Personal fave gif, posted by Teysha Blue........chicks at a concert "lick balls, stroke shaft, contemplate existence". A true classic!

He's Ima Ghost at A&A. I can't remember his username here but he's still active over there. I could find out.

Back