Anybody remember "the cave"?

LBanks. Right?

Yep, that's it! I don't know why he popped in my head from back in the cave days. I guess it shows you never know when someone might be thinking about you, for good or for bad. It's always good to be remembered? Heh.

How you doin, man? Stay safe out there, sounds like you're getting pounded pretty good with this covid thing, and shutdowns.

Yep, that's it! I don't know why he popped in my head from back in the cave days. I guess it shows you never know when someone might be thinking about you, for good or for bad. It's always good to be remembered? Heh.

How you doin, man? Stay safe out there, sounds like you're getting pounded pretty good with this covid thing, and shutdowns.

I am doing AMAZING! Healthy, safe and prosperous so far. California is f*cked, yes. I work for the State but alone almost completely. How you doing?

LBanks is still making music that I really enjoy.

What is A&A?

Audio and Anarchy...When the ownership changed here and there was some settling in bull shit....EZ said screw it and in a matter of a week or so started a whole new BBS using the same V-bulletin software used here... A few hundred of us went over there and bounced back n forth as the dust settled here...It survived but EZ got tired of maintaining it and sold it off to one of the other members that I can't remember who that was right now...It was still a crazy time and assholes were all over here and there...The Ban Bomb started dropping there too and to stop the banned from spoofing their IP and signing up as a new user they literally shut down new members...sooo long story short...it still is a cool little watering hole for those who were members that didn't get the ban...I drop in occasionally it's a bit different than here but some friends there that don't hang here so I drop in and say hey on occasion. or expound upon my ignorance if I feel so inclined...

Audio and Anarchy...When the ownership changed here and there was some settling in bull shit....EZ said screw it and in a matter of a week or so started a whole new BBS using the same V-bulletin software used here... A few hundred of us went over there and bounced back n forth as the dust settled here...It survived but EZ got tired of maintaining it and sold it off to one of the other members that I can't remember who that was right now...It was still a crazy time and assholes were all over here and there...The Ban Bomb started dropping there too and to stop the banned from spoofing their IP and signing up as a new user they literally shut down new members...sooo long story short...it still is a cool little watering hole for those who were members that didn't get the ban...I drop in occasionally it's a bit different than here but some friends there that don't hang here so I drop in and say hey on occasion. or expound upon my ignorance if I feel so inclined...

oh I think i remember that place now. I'm pretty sure I had an account but its probably lost just like this account was before steenamaroo helped me get it back

I am doing AMAZING! Healthy, safe and prosperous so far. California is f*cked, yes. I work for the State but alone almost completely. How you doing?

LBanks is still making music that I really enjoy.

Actually, doing really well. So far, so good. Although the wife now works from home, I still work out and about. I do what I can to avoid....however it is folks are getting this covid thing. I follow the rules, although apparently that doesn't at all guarantee you won't get it. When not working outside the house, wife has me working here at the house. All of my gear is packed away. accept a couple of acoustic guitars. After the holidays I plan on setting things back up and hitting the record button when motivated. I have a couple of ideas that have been bouncing around in me noggin for a while, kind of The Band inspired. If I am not going to use it I should probably clear a lot of it out. I think i'll go the use it route and see where that leads.

Merry Christmas, brother.

I think i'll go the use it route and see where that leads.
Hell yes man! May 2021 bring you inspiration and the time to express it whilst the red button is engaged! Merry Christmas Mick and a happy healthy New year!

---------- Update ----------

oh I think i remember that place now. I'm pretty sure I had an account but its probably lost just like this account was before steenamaroo helped me get it back

Just try and log in using the e-mail address you would have used and do the reset password thing...it still works

I'm pretty sure I had an account at A&A as well. "Buddha Banana", if I recall correctly? I'm not sure if I posted much, if at all. I might have joined in on the "what did you have for lunch?" thread. I don't know, things might have gotten pretty intense in that thread and I had to back away. I try to avoid controversy. :D

You have an account

Actually, doing really well. So far, so good. Although the wife now works from home, I still work out and about. I do what I can to avoid....however it is folks are getting this covid thing. I follow the rules, although apparently that doesn't at all guarantee you won't get it. When not working outside the house, wife has me working here at the house. All of my gear is packed away. accept a couple of acoustic guitars. After the holidays I plan on setting things back up and hitting the record button when motivated. I have a couple of ideas that have been bouncing around in me noggin for a while, kind of The Band inspired. If I am not going to use it I should probably clear a lot of it out. I think i'll go the use it route and see where that leads.

Merry Christmas, brother.

Merry Christmas to you! Be safe out there friend.

I have softened on my stance in terms of the number of strings a bass should have
I always thought it was good to joke about those things. Back in the day, it was interesting contrasting you and your "outlook" with others that espoused the same opinions. You were all humour for the most part whereas others carried something of an edge that made interaction with some of them feel like traipsing through a minefield ! I often used to muse on how some folk could turn a simple difference of opinion into a reason to invade Iraq !
one of my favorite records ever is the first Cheap Trick album and TP was playing an 12 String, right?
I could never work out if Peterson was playing a 12 string that was a 4 string with 2 octave strings or a 12 string that was a 6 string with only one octave string ! :confused: It doesn't help that there are 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12 string basses !
Maybe it was just me not knowing what to do with that other string
It does take getting used to. I can't quite remember what my initial reaction to a 5 string bass was but it couldn't have been a favourable one as it was years before I eventually decided to trade in the old 4 string for one. And then when I did get one, I hardly used that extra string. But bit by bit I'd use it. It reminded me of when I was learning the bass ~ within a couple of months I broke the G string and I just never bothered to replace it so for nearly 2 years I played 3 string bass. Virtually all the early photos of me with a bass show that 3 string Kay. When I eventually bought a 4 string, it took me a long time to consciously incorporate that fourth string. It seems funny to me now. I love that low B and my acoustic bass guitar {it can be plugged in so I use it as a fretless} only has 4 strings so the G makes regular appearances !
And oddly enough my new instrument of choice is a 5 string banjo
Funnily enough, a couple of months ago I bought a banjo after seeing this woman play one in a documentary. I was going to buy a 5 string one then I discovered that they make 6 string ones that are tuned like guitars so being a lazy so and so, it was a no brainer. I love its sound.

To each their own. Personally, I don't cotton to no odd string instruments. It just don't seem right. The banjo?...it ain't a 5 string instrument. Ymmv. But the way I see it, it's a 4 string instrument with an extra string.

Earl Scruggs disagrees. lol

Them boys are pickin! Could be wrong, but I think the first guy up right after Earl might be one of The Osborne Brothers. Of course another is Earl's boy, right? The crowd seems to really like the red headed fella. Are you picking, or kind of going the claw hand method?

Of course I was just joking around about the banjo not having 5 strings. Speaking of jokes, and i'm not totally sure he was, but a friend once said....Perfect pitch is when you throw an accordion in a dumpster and it lands on top of a banjo.

Can I get a rim shot?!! Personally I think the banjo can be badass. Keep rockin', brother!

The Cave had near real-time responses to posts since there was a very large and active group of folks in there. It was a ton of fun and every one was trying to make everyone else laugh. Full of really good souls with the spirit of American defiance and awareness of the absurdity of life and posting tales of it. Little disputes and pushing the line and that's what it was here for. It drove the site to huge attendance numbers. It was potentially anonymous and before FB took over and before YT and the monsters that are now tracking us for BigB. You can't have that kind of freedom...and now you can't gather irl either. They win.

Reactions: TAE
Them boys are pickin! Could be wrong, but I think the first guy up right after Earl might be one of The Osborne Brothers. Of course another is Earl's boy, right? The crowd seems to really like the red headed fella. Are you picking, or kind of going the claw hand method?

Of course I was just joking around about the banjo not having 5 strings. Speaking of jokes, and i'm not totally sure he was, but a friend once said....Perfect pitch is when you throw an accordion in a dumpster and it lands on top of a banjo.

Can I get a rim shot?!! Personally I think the banjo can be badass. Keep rockin', brother!

Hahahaa. I knew you were kiddin'. I started learning Scruggs method, three finger bluegrass pickin' when I sobered up last year. Then there was the Covid relapse and I was focusing on my drinking and stopped pickin' completely. I'm a little over two months sober again and I need to pick it back up but I have a new motorcycle and that's taking up all my free time. But the banjo will be there waiting when I'm ready.

The Cave had near real-time responses to posts since there was a very large and active group of folks in there. It was a ton of fun and every one was trying to make everyone else laugh. Full of really good souls with the spirit of American defiance and awareness of the absurdity of life and posting tales of it. Little disputes and pushing the line and that's what it was here for. It drove the site to huge attendance numbers. It was potentially anonymous and before FB took over and before YT and the monsters that are now tracking us for BigB. You can't have that kind of freedom...and now you can't gather irl either. They win.

What's up, J? How you been?

I hear Mr.QQ yelling EZ Will-IS in my head from jamfest 7, makes me smile every time

Doing OK, things get crazy, trying to stay relatively sane in spite of it all.

I hear Mr.QQ yelling EZ Will-IS in my head from jamfest 7, makes me smile every time

Doing OK, things get crazy, trying to stay relatively sane in spite of it all.

Good times, brother. Have a healthy, safe, and relatively sane New Year and I hope to see you on the other side! Take care.

Back