Anybody else see the product placement on...

guitarlover

I happened to see a preview for some movie called "Soul Plane" (spare me! :eek: ).

I have to wonder how much Marshall paid to put the V67G in there? :rolleyes:

Just a heads up, Steve

yeah, I saw that, too.

Luckily, there are not too many music videos with such an "in your face" product placement. I only remember one hip-hop video from a German rapper that aired on the German music channel "VIVA" a few month ago: they showed him singing into an M-Audio "Luna" all the time. Funny that they picked a rather "cheap" mic, but I guess its in line with their target group, young wannabe rappers :rolleyes:

Giganova said:
yeah, I saw that, too.

Luckily, there are not too many music videos with such an "in your face" product placement. I only remember one hip-hop video from a German rapper that aired on the German music channel "VIVA" a few month ago: they showed him singing into an M-Audio "Luna" all the time. Funny that they picked a rather "cheap" mic, but I guess its in line with their target group, young wannabe rappers :rolleyes:

I think you're right. The mics "cool" looking and that's all their target market apparantly cares about.

Steve

Keep in mind some companies do pay for placement other times someone from the video company knows someone at say Marshall and they ask for some free equipment for the shoot. I know this because I used to work for a company that made camera flashes. One of the VP's knew a video production
company. He used to get asked all the time for free stuff for videos. The one that comes to mind is one of the Michael Jackson videos where there are pictures being taken of him were all our flashes. ( I can't remeber which video now)

zbert said:
Keep in mind some companies do pay for placement other times someone from the video company knows someone at say Marshall and they ask for some free equipment for the shoot. I know this because I used to work for a company that made camera flashes. One of the VP's knew a video production
company. He used to get asked all the time for free stuff for videos. The one that comes to mind is one of the Michael Jackson videos where there are pictures being taken of him were all our flashes. ( I can't remeber which video now)

You may well be right. I don't know but at the very least, it's a bit of a coincidence.

Steve

if they use mics in videos, they should put a really cool mic in front of their cameras, like this one! :D

Attachments

• UM900_mini3.jpg
    UM900_mini3.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 171
guitarlover said:
I happened to see a preview for some movie called "Soul Plane" (spare me! :eek: ).

I have to wonder how much Marshall paid to put the V67G in there? :rolleyes:

Just a heads up, Steve
well, on the other hand the gold plated grille and green body may have been chosen for the looks alone.

yup, Harvey: its a Microtech-Gefell UM900 (from a German company originally founded by Neumann, but later hidden behind the iron curtain during the Cold War). Never heard the mic, but I'd buy it only for its looks if I had the cash :cool:

We didn't pay.

Yes, it does look suspiciously like our MXL V67g. However AKG Proudly announced that the mics used were theirs. Maybe they paid to feature our mic in the movie. Lol

:rolleyes:

If that's an AKG, then they must be making 'em in China. The mount and the mic look like an MXL V67G to me. The AKG body is slimmer and longer, and without the distinctive mounting of the V67G screw-on mounting ring.

Back