Any idea on what this is?

gbav

Another post reminded me about this guitar my wife found. An elderly man passed away near where we live and they were about to put this in the garbage when my wife took it off their hands. I don't think it's valuable or anything like that I'm just curious and thought someone here might know. It was pretty out of whack and horribly dirty when I found it so I cleaned it up and luckily for me very little needed to be fixed. There was a serial number where the neck unbolts that I have written down somewhere if that helps. I love this guitar and just was wondering what it was.

Thanks for any help you may have.

Posted two pictures.

Take care

Gary

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 88
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 83
Looks like a U2 from ocnor's link. $1800?? Not a bad find. take it to a shop and get it set up properly.

Thanks a ton ocnor and chili. Very cool, at least now i know what to say when someone asks. Thanks again, super helpful.

gary

Before you get too excited,there have been a few reissues of that guitar under the Danelectro name.Around 2000 you could buy one brand new for around $200.

If it's vintage it's worth a a decent amount.

Thanks for the heads up acidrock. I don't plan on selling or anything, I use it quite a bit. I'll give it to the luthier here to get set up and see if he has any input.

Thanks for the heads up acidrock. I don't plan on selling or anything, I use it quite a bit. I'll give it to the luthier here to get set up and see if he has any input.

I have two Danelectros and I love them.Everyone should have at least one.

Wood bridge,metal nut,lipstick pickups,masonite body,all crap that just somehow works great together.

An acquaintance found a late 60's Stratocaster in a trash pile in front of his house. Old lady there cleared out all her stuff from her garage. He stopped the truck, picked it out of the pile, and walked to the door to ask her about it.

She said she threw all that trash out because it was what she could carry. She also threw out a nice pool table and one of those old stereos that was built into a cabinet with the flip-up lid. He came back with a truck for that stuff.

Old Strat...pool table with balls & cues...and an old stereo with a turntable. Turned out to be a nice haul for him and he still has this stuff.

I have been able to collect some pretty cool stuff much in the same manner as the OP gotta love it when someone wants to throw away something great!

I keep waiting for that to happen to me. Still hasn't. :(

Me, too. My luck ain't THAT good.
One of my uncles had an original Les Paul Junior. When my younger cousin started playing guitar, I told my uncle to buy him something cheap from the pawn shop. He didn't listen. That LP Jr disappeared sometime later. Sad.

Back