Amp modelers !!! Few questions

lukicore

Sup !! I think im ready to buy it i just dont know what and i have few questions
1. Neural DSP, Line 6, Fractal, HeadRush or Boss GT 1000 Which one and why ??? :-)
2. Are the sounds "from the box" good quality or just "OK". ? Do i have to get IR's to make it soud great ??? Same question for recording quality ( do i have to get pre-amp to record or direct to the sound card)

Thanx

The modeler does not make the complete sound of the amp at the speakers. It makes a sound that would represent it as recorded. It is high quality. Possibly better than anything you could mic up. Does it sound authentic? Too authentic. A skilled shredding through a pentatonic will reveal latency problems. Even those are better now.

I have a line6 UX2 with a bunch of models. Its fun. If I could have got every guitar and bass effect with amp models for $99 on a PC starting out...I would do it as my starter amp.

Does a modeler replace the hardware? No. The modelers I tried have got better and better through the speakers. They never have equaled the infinite joy of creating sound through my stack. Whatever makes the sound, there always seems to be more of it.

...just ok.

Back