Alternatives to USB mixers

Toasta Whales

I currently use a Yamaha MW10 mixing studio usb mixer to carry sound from into my PC. I think it has wore out, as it isn't able to record music to the same volume it used (and it also produces an unattractive amount of hum). Is there another type of USB device that I can plug condensor mics, guitar wires, and the works to my PC for recording? What is the price range on these items? Thanks

(My mixer has failed me and because I record only one track at a time I really don't need its capabilities)

I use an Alesis Multimix 8 USB. i only got it to record drums. Having multiple inputs still comes in handy for other stuff like recording pianos an guitars with two mics. or recording backing singers all at the same time.

its just a luxury now, and on top of that i never really "mixed" on it. i did that post recording in the DAW

If i never needed to record a whole drum set i would have jus gotten an interface. they range from under 100-1000+ depends what u need as far as quality.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-AudioBox-USB?sku=243007

thats a pretty reasonable one and i've heard great recording from it

I currently use a Yamaha MW10 mixing studio usb mixer to carry sound from into my PC. I think it has wore out, as it isn't able to record music to the same volume it used (and it also produces an unattractive amount of hum). Is there another type of USB device that I can plug condensor mics, guitar wires, and the works to my PC for recording? What is the price range on these items? Thanks

(My mixer has failed me and because I record only one track at a time I really don't need its capabilities)

What sources are you using to input into the mixer?

Back