Aligning vocal tracks in Cubase SX...

KingDiamond

I'm using Cubase SX 2 and I have two vocal tracks that are basically the same vocals recorded twice. Well is there a way to align the tracks together so you can't tell as easily that it's two separate tracks? There is a program I hard about called VocAlign that does this but it only works with Pro Tools. Is there something I can do in Cubase?

KingDiamond said:
I'm using Cubase SX 2 and I have two vocal tracks that are basically the same vocals recorded twice. Well is there a way to align the tracks together so you can't tell as easily that it's two separate tracks? There is a program I hard about called VocAlign that does this but it only works with Pro Tools. Is there something I can do in Cubase?

Copy, paste at origin, hold control key, drag copied clip to new track, release mouse, release control key, read manual.

No I know how to copy tracks and move them, that's not the point. I'm talking about actually synchronizing the waveforms of the tracks to each other. I guess it's hard for me to explain. I'm going to try out the VocAlign Project demo and see what it does.

If the 2 tracks were recorded well then it should be easy to line up the 2 tracks. If they werent recorded well and arent in time with each other, then you willl have to edit of the tracks so they both are in time with each other. You will have to make cuts and time stretch/compress so there are no gaps between the edits. Along with crossfades you should get good results if edited well.

Eck

Back