Acoustic bridge replacement (Fender)

I've had a second hand Fender Kingston acoustic-electric for two years now. I know Fender isn't well regarded for their acoustics but I really like mine. Last night I was playing and I noticed the saddle fell out and hit the floor...and then noticed the strip of the bridge between the sound hole and saddle had broken clean off.

Doing a quick search I found this page: Guitar Parts Resource:: ACOUSTIC GUITAR BRIDGES which has the "Smiley Face" acoustic/electric bridge which looks very similar to mine. I think my guitar is either a "DG30SCE-NAT" or DG31SCE-NAT" Kingman from the mid to late 90's. I have attached a picture of the one I found online and my mine, plus mine with the broken piece back on the bridge. The site does not mention this bridge fitting a SCE and the Kingman bridge is does show is from a newer American model I believe and is very different. Does anyone have any experience with this and give me some advice? My local shop will install a new one if I can get one and if not they would have to make one and that will probably cost me quite a bit. Thanks.

Attachments

• fender kingman bridge.jpg
    fender kingman bridge.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
First, you should contact fender and see if they will cover it. 2 years is not that old and that is not fair wear and tear.

Second I did a bridge removal and replacement thread a good while ago but the pictures seem to have vanished. I'll post them here if they are of any use and link to the thread.

Third, That is the bridge you need. Just check the string spacings to be sure.

I didn't contact Fender because the guitar is used and I think it was manufactured sometime during the mid 90s. I kept it in a case when not in use, however it was near a heater and probably dried out the wood over time, stupid mistake on my part. I contacted a luthier in a nearby city who seemed very confident in being able to fix it so I am hoping that happens soon.

Glad to hear it is the same bridge, mine seemed ever so slightly fatter and I thought maybe they had slightly altered them since it was made. Thanks guys.

Back