a song about wood working

The b vox are fine but they are way too loud & swamp everything else.
Conversely the main vocal is very timid/quiet/intimate.

true. i put them down a tad. the eq and panning are all that i'm too concerned about. i keep thinking i need to change the tone. tone does affect the way things sit in a mix volume-wise, but i'm okay with the loud-ish harmonies. they're put in there so you can hear them. they're not something to compliment the chorus. they are essential to the chorus. think of the whole thing as a choir and not a single soloist. if you can't hear the lyrics, you get a few more chances at it.

gracias. i'm updating the volume and i took down some compression.

It's real good, but I didn't dig the harmony vocals too much. I'm not sure they do enough to add anything to the song, but that's just me. It seems over all like it could be a bit more clear. A little more separation or something.

thanks for the suggestions. the harmonies will stay though. the repetition of the line push the metal through the wood mimics the action of doing it. i think the harmonies are a lot more complex than a lot of stuff out there but thanks listening.

sorry i haven't ventured to any one else's threads. i'm a busy person, and i dislike spending time on computers.

Back