A new song I finished using the Famous Studio Projects C1 mic, Take a listen

Telefunken

GUITARDAZE
The song is called "Wait For Me" and I used the C1 on the main vocal and backing vocal. This will give you guys another frame of reference on the mic. This is not the final mix of this song but I wanted to get it posted so you could hear the C1. I think every voice will sound a little different, but I like the clarity it gives my voice. Take a listen. I ran it strait into a Joemeek VC1Q, with just a little compression and EQ.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/274/richard_bischoff.html

nice song.

The c-1 sounds like a good mic for $200.

In this recording, it does not sound as smooth as say a blueberry mouse.

I can also hear a slight flange. Is that an effect or the mic.

For somebody needing a two hundred dollar mic, this would be a good choice. I don't think it would be such a great choice for somebody who is looking for extremely rich vocals.

I like the vc1q. I heard it preamping a 4033 on shakestheclown's work and it was awesome.

What eq settings do you have on the vocal

What mic do you have on the guitar. I really like the guitar sound you got.

Hey Richard,

I like your music very much. Your a man after my own heart. Not only a C1, but a Meek VC1Q. Man, I need to buy you a beer. :)

You can tell the mix was rough, but there is a lot of potential there for a great song, and a good mix. Hell, I would mix the thing for you if I was not on another project, but you know what would happen if I got involved.

Anyway, thanks for putting it up. It sounds great. Keep makin music, because that's what its about.

Nice guitar sound. Nice levels except for guitar at 3:19 which has too much low end and distorts.
I know youre not done mixing yet but the hi end + compression on vocals doesnt really translate into smoothness. I dont know if thats what you were going for and it probably has to do with the VC1Q, but to my ears the hi mids and highs are too compressed and sounds raw. Nice work overall though.

I just wanted to add that in my experience meek compression on vocals is a very once in a while thing and usually in a very dif style of music than the country/rock posted above. Usually more in an industrial or extreme rock context. Even then it can be too aggressive. So handle with care. :)

The C1 sounds good.

I dig the arrangement too. Could sound really killer after a final mixdown.

How'd you mic the acoustic?

C1 stuff aside...

Going to your MP3.com page brought me to the grim realization that Mormons haven't been left out of religious-propaganda/pseudo-pop music. :(

Can't y'all find better outlets for your religious inspiration? Isn't there a Motel 6 room somewhere without a "Bible?"

.......and anutha' thang....

............Dolemite, your comments belong in the "CAVE"! There's been enuff bull-sh#t religious threads there and we certainly don't need 1 here!
A comment on the C-1, song, mix, etc would have sufficed!
'Nuff said!

Hey Alan thanks for the coments, I dont drink but thanks for the offer. I would however love to try out one of your T3 mics, If you feel like you want to send one my way let me know.

Thanks

Oh and Dolemite there is a market here in Utah for music. It just happens that there are alot of good musicians that are mormon. What does it matter? If your beliefs mean alot to you, like they do to me, I see no harm in expressing them through music, wether your mormon cathlic, budist, etc.......... Good music with a good message can touch others and inspire faith.
god bless

Well, if you care to check out the ever-popular Christian music thread in the MP3 Mixing Clinic you'll get a good idea of my stance on the whole thing. ;)

The combination of my extremely dry sense of humor and lack of politically-correct inhibition seems really to set people off around here. To be honest, I thought your music was quite good apart from its religious content, and yes, that mic sounds good. Like Cyan, I'm curious what mic you used on the guitar. Was that the C1 as well or something else?

Good music with a good message can touch others and inspire faith.

I would call it good music with a bad message. ;)

I dont drink but thanks for the offer.

I wouldn't want to run a liquor store in Utah.

MRQ,

What exactly is the point of a forum if not to share thoughts and opinions? With that concept in mind, I'm not going to hide my response to this thread in The Cave. If you can't either ignore or accept someone else's opinion you'd do best not to leave your own "cave" and avoid all outside communication.

Dolemite
Yeah if you ran a liquor store in Utah it might not do to good, but like with any religion
there are what we call Jack Mormons. So you would do fine, There are alot of bars to, and actually I play the bars about every weekend with my blues band. My wife hates it but whats new.

Dolemite, I agree with you on the expressing you opinion. You are totally entitled and I have more respect for those that are honest in there opinion. BTW, I dont just write music about my religious experiances, although that is some of what I do. Infact I used to hate christian music, I felt that others were making money by using Gods name. But, there is alot that is good music with good intent also, so I see where your comming from. I have written many songs about other stuff. Like this song called "Green Apples" It is about a girl I liked along time ago. www.mp3.com/Rich_Bischoff

Oh and for the guitar, I used the Oktava mc012(12th fret) and the C1 about three feet back pointed toward my head.

peace

Bisch

Im just here to make friends and learn more about recording

Dole, this forum was designe to share thoughts and opinions on
MICROPHONES! Too many times, people here start injecting their own personal thought on social issues not relating to the threads purpose.

However, let's move on and not turn this thread into any kind of flame war!

Peace
Mr.Q

Not a flame but...

Can you imagine how boring this forum (and every forum of this BBS) would be if every post was strictly on-topic? I don't think I would post half as much around here if most of y'all weren't fun and interesting people willing to share thoughts and opinions outside of the realm of home recording.

If you disagree then may I suggest a new forum: Anal Retention & You

;)

Hey Guys,

Look, just dump on me...I can take it. After all, most of you know I have been dumped on in at least 6 newsgroups, so I am great at taking a beating, multiple ones at that. LOL

So, be nice to each other, and dump on me. :D

I liked the song and cant wait for you to smooth out the rough edges.(maybe making the compression with a tad softer attack.)

As for the heathen blashemmers Im sure that all of you will forgive some of us for having beliefs and using our tallents to spread the word arround.

amen brothers.:D

darrin_h2000 said:
As for the heathen blashemmers Im sure that all of you will forgive some of us for having beliefs and using our tallents to spread the word arround.

Don't count on it! ;)

I'll forgive the spelling errors, though...

Just like the good old days.

say a few things that everyone doesnt agree with and spell a few things wrong. and they want to put you on a cross.:cool:

Back