A lot of treble in my recording?

atifkt

Banned
I record using audacity. I get a lot of treble in my recording. How to get rid of them properly. I've tried many things?

Typically I'd say "EQ" -- But more to the point would be to figure out why there is too much top end in the first place. The source (of course), the mic, the preamp, etc., etc., etc.

You're whole recording? What are you recording? What instruments? Is it more prevelant in some than others?

What are you monitoring through, too? And I know, the dreaded word "frequency analysis".. Is it really there, or are your monitors putting it there?

What are you using to monitor the recording and what are you listening to the playbacks through. burn a cd of what you recorded and try to listen to it on different platforms and then decide if its too much treble

Do you get a lot of treble only in your vocal track, or also in the pre-recorded instrumental?

Last edited:
You need to give more info.

Are you recording too much high end, or just hearing too much high end?

Playing a commercial track should tell you. If it's too bright, you have monitoring issues.

If it's just the recording, then tell us more about your chain. Using a mixer? Recording in a bathroom?

As a few guys said, eq is the go-to tool, but it'd be nice to sort it out at the source.

I've a Xlr mic. But due to money problems i cannot afford an interface. So i have a cable which goes from the xlr mic to the 3.5mm pc soundcard. I live in INdia so it's all costly up here :(

That's very likely to be the source of your problem, I'm afraid.

You can work and work at it to salvage something, but the ultimate solution is to save up for a proper interface; Even a modest one.

Out of all of them. There are more pages i guess?

And it should be an usb interface which i can connect to my pc

io2 express... Easy to use, cheap, the perfect start up piece.

I bought it as my first interface and still use it as my everyday interface for monitoring and tracking mono sources. I don't use the preamps anymore though as I bought a stand alone box.
The ONLY issue I have about it is that you can't do 2 mono sources. Either 1 mono, or one stereo.

Out of interest sixer, is that a limitation of the hardware or software?

Does it have a single shared gain knob or something?

Back