-10db?

A7X

A quick question that I couldn't find on google. I have an AT 3035, and it has two switches, PAD -10db/0db(being on 0db) and low cut(being on the right side)

I was wondering what is the point of this, and if its better to swtich one of it for different intruments...

When recording, and it's too loud or it's too sensitive, you might use the pad. When recording, and something has too much low end presence, or your getting low end bleed, you might want to turn on the roll off switch.

Mindset said:
When recording, and it's too loud or it's too sensitive, you might use the pad. When recording, and something has too much low end presence, or your getting low end bleed, you might want to turn on the roll off switch.

Yep. Sort of the same thing, but the pad can allow you to move the mic closer to the source if needed in certain cases.

F.S.

Freudian Slip said:
Yep. Sort of the same thing, but the pad can allow you to move the mic closer to the source if needed in certain cases.

F.S.

And, that's how I like to use my AT 3035 and my SP C1. I can record two singers, at the same time, in the same room, and not get a lot of (almost none) bleed over.

Nick98338 said:
And, that's how I like to use my AT 3035 and my SP C1. I can record two singers, at the same time, in the same room, and not get a lot of (almost none) bleed over.

Same here. I just sing really loud & close;) I use the pad and cut off always on vox. Why record what you're going to cut out of the mix anyway. Plus I like the sound better.

F.S.

Sounds good, I should go test it out now that I know what it does. I guess it depends on the situation, if itcall for it.

Thanks

Back