So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

This^

The Citizens United ruling needs to be overturned before ANY meaningful reform can be done.

Not to be overly partisan here, but it’s the republicans who stand in the way of that. Dems have tried.

Sorry to post this a second time, but if you haven’t seen this, PLEASE watch it. So prophetic.

Could we please make an important parallel between that case and Roe v Wade. Thank you.

All these conversations would go so much better in person..... me thinks

@leddy 100% in agreement with your citizens united view.

Most politicians are just whores selling out to the highest bidder.

@PorterhouseMusic
We happen to agree mostly on what constitutes ‘deep state’.

One of the problems with the term is lack of definitions. And then there’s lizard people whack jobs turning it into something else.

I would also add to the deep state Think Tanks, Corporate lobbyists and NGOs.
One being the Council on Foreign Relations. It has a lot of power, as do others.

Then there’s the civil service aspect. Non elected people working in govt that virtually can’t be fired. They’ll survive multiple administrations

Lots of hands in the pie of who is running the show.

I’ve never claimed there are ‘secret’ cabals behind the scenes running things. But there are plenty of vested interests and they do coordinate (conspire) with each other to achieve a desired outcome beneficial to themselves, not necessarily for the country.

Last edited:
All these conversations would go so much better in person..... me thinks
Absolutely, 100%.

The internet provides a perceived barrier that causes people to act completely differently than they would in person. Two of my best friends, with whom I've made countless hours of music and spent countless hours hanging out, joking, and having a grand ol' time, are dyed-in-the-wool republicans. While I don't consider myself as loyal to one party, I usually end up on the democratic side of things on most issues (definitely not all, though).

We usually don't/didn't talk politics much, but even when we did, it was completely civil, respectful, and drama-free. 10 minutes later, it would be as if the conversation never came up, and we'd be back to just having a good time.

Social media and 24-hour news outlets have absolutely exacerbated this online interaction issue like few things before. Everyone has their own echo chamber and is only fed the most vile, repulsive, divisive things from "the other side" in the hopes of dividing us further. And it just seems to be getting worse. 😐

Could be political too. Two left leaning politicians openly called for Tucker to be taken off the air. AOC and Chuck Schumer.

I don’t know and you don’t know. What is factual, is that both those people called for his ousting publicly.
What is also factual is that he’s fighting a sexual harassment lawsuit in addition to the Dominion lies. With that context, I’m just curious why you’d suggest that someone like Rupert Murdoch, after risking his network to push his political agenda, would suddenly take marching orders from AOC or Chuck Schumer? I mean, you’re right, we don’t know, but this is an odd comment from you given what we know is factual.

What is also factual is that he’s fighting a sexual harassment lawsuit in addition to the Dominion lies. With that context, I’m just curious why you’d suggest that someone like Rupert Murdoch, after risking his network to push his political agenda, would suddenly take marching orders from AOC or Chuck Schumer? I mean, you’re right, we don’t know, but this is an odd comment from you given what we know is factual.

Why odd? It’s a fact that Tucker has been having shows and talking about things the government doesn’t like.

It’s not inconceivable to think that pressure is being brought on Fox to get rid of Tucker.
He’s gone up against the “official narrative” many times.

Government put pressure on Twitter and Facebook to censor, why wouldn’t they, or couldn’t they put it on a cable news network?

Besides the government has its own trump card. They have the ability to both grant and revoke FCC licenses.

Why odd? It’s a fact that Tucker has been having shows and talking about things the government doesn’t like.

It’s not inconceivable to think that pressure is being brought on Fox to get rid of Tucker.
He’s gone up against the “official narrative” many times.

Government put pressure on Twitter and Facebook to censor, why wouldn’t they, or couldn’t they put it on a cable news network?

Besides the government has its own trump card. They have the ability to both grant and revoke FCC licenses.
Do you have a similar suspicion around Don Lemon’s sacking?

This all just seems like we’re looking for conspiracy theories when the facts are already pretty obvious. Just my opinion anyway.

Do you have a similar suspicion around Don Lemon’s sacking?
Don’t have any thoughts on his firing. I can say I never liked the man, and his fall from grace has been seen coming for a while.

Now Hannity..... I’d love to see him go. Too much of a neocon for my tastes.

As to Tucker, it was sudden and I don’t even think he knew. On his last show he interviewed Bobby Kennedy jr. and I’m sure the establishment didn’t like that.
Maybe that was the last straw?

None of us actually know why Tucker got fired. I’m just thinking out loud and speculating. That’s still allowed, right? The freedom to voice ones thoughts?

I do factually know that Tucker brought up a lot of issues the establishment didn’t like. And millions tuned in every night. I’m surprised they let him stay on the air as long as he did.

The guy just got canned. This weekend. We learned of it today. And immediately.... the conspiracy theory shit starts. Unless I'm mistaken and there's something I don't know - I think it's ridiculous and irresponsible to start suggesting that it might be something other than what it obviously seems to be. Occams razor

Back