So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

PorterhouseMusic

Mitakuye Oyasin
So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers about what they internally knew to be not true about voting fraud claims being made by the lunatic fringe of Trump world.

It's, of course, no surprise. I mean - who finds this shocking? But the confirmation of this via the release of internal communication shows that it is an incontrovertible fact that this "news" organization was repeatedly and systematically lying to it's viewers. I may be wrong - but I'm pretty sure that there is no relative comparison of deception by a major source of news of this scale and importance, pertinence.

Newly disclosed messages and testimony from some of the biggest stars and most senior executives at Fox News revealed that they privately expressed disbelief about President Donald J. Trump’s false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him, even though the network continued to promote many of those lies on the air.

The hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham, as well as others at the company, repeatedly insulted and mocked Trump advisers, including Sidney Powell and Rudolph W. Giuliani, in text messages with each other in the weeks after the election, according to a legal filing on Thursday by Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion is suing Fox for defamation in a case that poses considerable financial and reputational risk for the country’s most-watched cable news network.

“Sidney Powell is lying by the way. I caught her. It’s insane,” Mr. Carlson wrote to Ms. Ingraham on Nov. 18, 2020.

Ms. Ingraham responded: “Sidney is a complete nut. No one will work with her. Ditto with Rudy.”

Mr. Carlson continued, “Our viewers are good people and they believe it,” he added, making clear that he did not.

Last edited:
I am a journalist considering writing an article informing my readers why Fox News would lie to their viewers, because, you know, people can't figure it out for themselves. I will spend several days writing it and The Atlantic has already guaranteed they will publish it. :laughings:

I think Fox might be fucked in this defamation case. This one is going to cost 'em.

I have no idea why an attorney with as stellar a track record as Sydney Powell wouldn't hold her cards closer to the vest and refrain from making statements that would seem to go beyond the actual evidence they had, nor why she got hooked up with Lin Wood.

However "false claims" is being used when the correct term is "unproven".

Anyone who doesn't see there were problems with the '20 election just doesn't want to see them. Anyone who voted Brandon - however many that actual number is - should be ashamed of themselves. It's unfortunate that the consequences of the Potato being in the White House can't be limited to those who are happy about it.

Fox's response to these accusations is that like so often things go, the text are being taken out of context. The truth is, there is no clear truth.
Talking heads left or right are always going to try and fulfill their viewers wants and needs..."give em dirty laundry"..It's not about what is right or wrong it's about the number of viewers each station has. Those numbers directly impact the value of the commercials that we all get to watch FOR FREE!. Low numbers, the value of the commercial seconds drop equally. It's a tight rope and every media station has to walk it...even NPR.

I have no idea why an attorney with as stellar a track record as Sydney Powell wouldn't hold her cards closer to the vest and refrain from making statements that would seem to go beyond the actual evidence they had, nor why she got hooked up with Lin Wood.

Anyone who doesn't see there were problems with the '20 election just doesn't want to see them. Anyone who voted Brandon - however many that actual number is - should be ashamed of themselves. It's unfortunate that the consequences of the Potato being in the White House can't be limited to those who are happy about it.
Brandon? Just who the fuck is Brandon? Sidney Powell is a space cadet.

There are "problems" with every election.

Mass fraud? Enough to affect the outcome of the election? Please, enlighten us and show us the evidence.
I'm sure it was just for lack of trying (how many lawsuits were thrown out as frivolous again?) that Donny couldn't get everyone to see it.

Clearly, according to your claim, the damning evidence must be everywhere. For some reason, though, the courts and judges - many of which Don appointed himself - didn't seem convinced ... at all ... As in ... He got laughed out of the place ... ... over and over .... again and again.

Fox's response to these accusations is that like so often things go, the text are being taken out of context. The truth is, there is no clear truth.
Talking heads left or right are always going to try and fulfill their viewers wants and needs..."give em dirty laundry"..It's not about what is right or wrong it's about the number of viewers each station has. Those numbers directly impact the value of the commercials that we all get to watch FOR FREE!. Low numbers, the value of the commercial seconds drop equally. It's a tight rope and every media station has to walk it...even NPR.

^^ This.

Anyone who doesn't/can't/won't see that election fraud claims that were enough to change the election are BULLSHIT should be ashamed.

Shame, shame, shame!

:laughings:
You know what I'm gonna do? Watch me, you know what I'm gonna do, 'cause y'all know you've been dying for somebody to do it. You know what I'm going to do, just to bring some happiness your way?

Fox News is awesome! Woohoo! Hell yeah baby, fair and balance in your face!

C'mon, now, turn that frown upside down. :)

Anyone who doesn't see there were problems with the '20 election just doesn't want to see them.

"Problems" the type and scale of which could change the outcome of the election? It's a fair question. I haven't seen that there "was a problem" on anything near that level - but I sure would like to if it's true. Can you show me? I'm as open minded as they come. Convince me.

The depth of it is best summed up in this account by The Times last week of an exchange dated Nov. 12, 2020: “In a text chain with Ms. Ingraham and Mr. Hannity, Mr. Carlson pointed to a tweet in which a Fox reporter, Jacqui Heinrich, fact-checked a tweet from Mr. Trump referring to Fox broadcasts and said there was no evidence of voter fraud from Dominion. ‘Please get her fired,’ Mr. Carlson said. He added: ‘It needs to stop immediately, like tonight. It’s measurably hurting the company. The stock price is down. Not a joke.’ Ms. Heinrich had deleted her tweet by the next morning.”

This rat was asking for this reporter to be fired for telling the truth. Straight up.

"Problems" the type and scale of which could change the outcome of the election? It's a fair question. I haven't seen that there "was a problem" on anything near that level - but I sure would like to if it's true. Can you show me? I'm as open minded as they come. Convince me.
But but... Sydney Powell and 2000 mules!!! :ROFLMAO:

Back