Audio Leader & Tape/Alcohol/Swab Dispenser… Check!

flyingace

Been looking for one of the old 3m ones that we used to use in the studio, but none to be found and if I could, they go for a lot of $$! So… I made my own that fits my little 3” reels. I designed it to fit a little alcohol pump dispenser in the back with swab storage for cleaning too! Black walnut I had left over from doing the sides for my 388. I’ll get a satin poly finish on it tomorrow.
It’s the little things I enjoy making… mostly while I wait to get my studio completed so I can ACTUALLY start recording again! :)
CD76F3AC-E7BB-4E56-B1A4-E41F496D4DA2.jpeg

Been looking for one of the old 3m ones that we used to use in the studio, but none to be found and if I could, they go for a lot of $$! So… I made my own that fits my little 3” reels. I designed it to fit a little alcohol pump dispenser in the back with swab storage for cleaning too! Black walnut I had left over from doing the sides for my 388. I’ll get a satin poly finish on it tomorrow.
It’s the little things I enjoy making… mostly while I wait to get my studio completed so I can ACTUALLY start recording again! :)
View attachment 111374
Cool - but it doesn't seem like you have enough Swabs - and if the Splicer is mounted there - I would find that inconvenient.

Cool - but it doesn't seem like you have enough Swabs - and if the Splicer is mounted there - I would find that inconvenient.
Good thing I made it for my studio and not yours! :) ha ha
This fits my needs based on my experience, and the fact that I’m not doing full-time professional work but just adding leader tape to new reels, I think the splicer there works well for me. If I was doing a lot of editing on a machine, I’d have the splicer mounted on a horizontal machine, like we did back in the day.

Back