My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't read the article without signing in...but manufacturing slow down + sales increase of people not working? staying home?

Gas here has gone up about 50cents a gallon. I haven't followed the news much on that but its noticeable. It dropped to 1.35 gallon now about $1.80+

I was told some gear shortages are due to Wuhan Virus and shutdowns in China, slower output and many items on backorder.
Also the dealer said business has been above average in a GOOD WAY $$$$$$…… very good sales with the stay at homes and especially a huge sales in Cameras and mics for the Meeting Video crowds. Luckily I only have to watch the choppy/poor audio beginner videos of people talking from their drywall rooms due to Pandemic rules.

Im not sure if the economy is going to recover too well from all this though and the unemployment is sketchy, the stocks are a roller coaster, and seems the Virus hasn't slowed but we are all opening up anyway!! Like moths to the flames, comes to mind.

If everyone was using good hygiene and distancing and masks in public places the US might see some improvement but its not happening around where I am. Its like a bunch of humans in denial there is a problem and typical no one wants to feel any discomfort. that's my take...YMMV

So yeah ...the stay at home has been good for online business's...Problem now is the supply chain "China" was shut down for a few months so no new music gear getting made, no new bikes getting made and the upsurge in demand cause we're all home n bored has wiped out the supply expect things to get back to normal mid August..."IF" China doesn't get a big round two...50 new cases in Beijing :eek:

I like the Who but "Tommy" wasn't my favorite. I was always more partial to Quadrophenia with their "rock opera" albums...but maybe that's because I like the film Quadrophenia more than the Tommy movie, which had that cheesy, late '60s flavor...like a long Monkees episode. :p

Both are great in my opinion. Tommy knocked it out of the park, but what blew my mind was that Pete did another one that was as good, if not better, than the first.
I agree, the Tommy movie was ehhhh...... cartoonish.
I've never actually seen either film. I've seen bits of both {going right back to 1976} but neither ever interested me.
The Monkees TV series isn't actually very good. There are snippets of good bits here and there, particularly in the first season. But the 2nd season gets tiresome. Their movie "Head" on the other hand is one of my favourite films. As a drug fuelled psychedelic film, it really knocks "Magical mystery tour" out of the park, over the hills and far away. MMT is a terrible film.

holy shit the bike racks at the stores be empty! :eek:
During the lockdown I've had to go to my local bikeshop a couple of times and on one of the occasions, I heard the owner telling a customer that bikes were out of stock and he didn't know when they'd be back in.

I've never actually seen either film. I've seen bits of both {going right back to 1976} but neither ever interested me.
The Monkees TV series isn't actually very good. There are snippets of good bits here and there, particularly in the first season. But the 2nd season gets tiresome. Their movie "Head" on the other hand is one of my favourite films. As a drug fuelled psychedelic film, it really knocks "Magical mystery tour" out of the park, over the hills and far away. MMT is a terrible film.

But at the time (1960's) they were bought out/released they fitted what the people at that time wanted and were fairly well received. There wasn't much choice.

At that time in the UK. Television consisted of 3 channels only ITV, BBC1 and BBC2. They started for schools around 9.30am and finished around midday. Then restarted around 4.00pm and carried on to around 11.00pm. All were in Black&white.

There was no internet, dvd's or video. What is listed above, was what you had and nowt else.

Strangely people in large were quite happy. There was almost zero unemployment and hardly any fat people even though they ate lots of chips and fried food.

The Monkees were actually a 60's band and so was their series. A lot had changed by 1976. Colour tv. More tv channels and the Monkees were well gone and forgotten.

The Rocky horror Show and Tommy were released (who can forget Uncle Ernie). But even they were almost dated by that time.

Punk was starting and according to some there it was a fantastic great musical movement. Not what most people thought. Most thought it was shite.....and it surely was.

It barely lasted 18 months and those who spout it's greatness today tediously (JR)...... lasted even less time.

Quadrophenia was 1979 and even disppeared in a flash. Dreary films and dreary music can only be tolerated for so long. 1978 to 1980ish is an era we best never revisit.......unless we intend to do ourselves in. Listening to that crap will surely help us on our way.

Last edited:
Orson;4536460 Quadrophenia was 1979 and even disppeared in a flash. Dreary films and dreary music can only be tolerated for so long. 1978 to 1980ish is an era we best never revisit.......unless we intend to do ourselves in. Listening to that crap will surely help us on our way.[/QUOTE said:
If you just focus on that part...yeah, kinda dreary...but I like the period it covers, that Mod vs Rockers thing, and also that it was shot in black & white.
I've always been partial to B&W movies...like all the old movies from '30s/'40s/'50s...but I really like the ones that cover the early '60s, and the ones that came out of England/Ireland that cover the post WWII years in the late '50s and early '60s all have a certain dark vibe to them...usually about working class people trying to get by in a very minimalist way.

Oh...I generally like most good movies, regardless of the period or the years they were made...and I also really like the epic movies, in color and "big" cinematography....but even it's something "quirky", as long as it draws you in, I'll watch most any kind of movies.
What I find less and less appealing are the predominantly computer generated movies. There's some that are meant to be fantasy (like the Rings trilogy) but I don't care when they just let the graphics people fill in all the shots, and there's no cinematography to speak of...which tends to be most movies these days.
Also getting pretty bored with all the "Marvel" superhero crap...it's so done to death, that it's of no more interest to me...and don't get me started on the zombie and vampire garbage. I mean...ENOUGH already...please...no more walking dead, blood sucking, flesh eating crap. Once you've seen about a thousand of them :rolleyes: every nuance has been covered.

Right now I'm watching an old B&W British movie from 1962..."The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner"...which I haven't seen in like a million years.
Talk about a somewhat dreary movie, but there's something more there under the superficially gloominess.

One thing that always sticks out with the old movies from the '40s/'50s/'60s...is how the young people in their teens and twenties all wore jackets and ties most of the time when they went out ...and of course, adults were always dress like that, at work and at home. It was only under certain circumstances that people didn't dress neat and trim. They took note of their appearance, especially when in public. You didn't see any "Walmart shopper" dress codes back then! :p

If you just focus on that part...yeah, kinda dreary...but I like the period it covers, that Mod vs Rockers thing, and also that it was shot in black & white.
I've always been partial to B&W movies...like all the old movies from '30s/'40s/'50s...but I really like the ones that cover the early '60s, and the ones that came out of England/Ireland that cover the post WWII years in the late '50s and early '60s all have a certain dark vibe to them...usually about working class people trying to get by in a very minimalist way.

Oh...I generally like most good movies, regardless of the period or the years they were made...and I also really like the epic movies, in color and "big" cinematography....but even it's something "quirky", as long as it draws you in, I'll watch most any kind of movies.
What I find less and less appealing are the predominantly computer generated movies. There's some that are meant to be fantasy (like the Rings trilogy) but I don't care when they just let the graphics people fill in all the shots, and there's no cinematography to speak of...which tends to be most movies these days.
Also getting pretty bored with all the "Marvel" superhero crap...it's so done to death, that it's of no more interest to me...and don't get me started on the zombie and vampire garbage. I mean...ENOUGH already...please...no more walking dead, blood sucking, flesh eating crap. Once you've seen about a thousand of them :rolleyes: every nuance has been covered.

Right now I'm watching an old B&W British movie from 1962..."The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner"...which I haven't seen in like a million years.
Talk about a somewhat dreary movie, but there's something more there under the superficially gloominess.

One thing that always sticks out with the old movies from the '40s/'50s/'60s...is how the young people in their teens and twenties all wore jackets and ties most of the time when they went out ...and of course, adults were always dress like that, at work and at home. It was only under certain circumstances that people didn't dress neat and trim. They took note of their appearance, especially when in public. You didn't see any "Walmart shopper" dress codes back then! :p

Sorry I had wrote my post wrong. I was trying to point out when the film came out in a period of economic strife.

Towards the end of the 1970's in Britain there was a Labour government which resulted in half the country on strike and the place totally falling apart. They had run the country into the ground. The music from that time was dreary. The Jam's songs of that time are a perfect example. (They were kind of Mod's for a time).

The 'Mods' were really from a time almost 20 years before in a different era full employment, happier times etc.

The Monkees were actually a 60's band and so was their series
They were my first television love. I was watching their show from when it first came out here in late~ish '66 or early~ish '67. I just loved Mickey Dolenz because he was called Mickey. I was obsessed with the name Mickey when I was 3 and 4. I think it was Mick Jagger that did that because I liked the Stones' "Get off of my cloud" when I was 2 !

They were my first television love. I was watching their show from when it first came out here in late~ish '66 or early~ish '67. I just loved Mickey Dolenz because he was called Mickey. I was obsessed with the name Mickey when I was 3 and 4. I think it was Mick Jagger that did that because I liked the Stones' "Get off of my cloud" when I was 2 !

So you remember the Banana Splits and Tingha&Tucka, Skippy, Flipper, Scooby Doo and the legendary Rhubarb and Custard. Nowt to do with music but good memories.

So you remember the Banana Splits and Tingha & Tucka, Skippy, Flipper, Scooby Doo and the legendary Rhubarb and Custard
I remember all of them. I always thought Tingha and Tucka were called Tinker and Tucker ! I vaguely remember Willie Wombat from that show. Thinking about it, they weren't the only koalas on British TV at the time because I remember one that used to hang around with Rolf Harris called Kuji {Coojee ?} bear.
Skippy and Flipper I remember as a kid in Birmingham. We moved to London in '69 and it was shortly after that we discovered the Banana Splits and Scooby Doo, both of which played an enormous part in my childhood when I was 7 and 8. Great, great programmes and a serious highlight of the week. In those days, you'd only see most shows once a week and then that episode never again, unlike todays rolling repeat culture where you might catch a particular episode of a programme for kids 21 times in a week.
I probably became a jeans and T shirt guy because of Shaggy.
Roobarb I discovered just as started I secondary school in '74. My school was a long way away from where I lived and it used to take me ages to get home but on this particular day, I got home by 4.25 or so which was unheard of then and just happened to catch Roobarb and I thought it was brilliant. The next day at school I told anyone that would listen about it and for the 74/75 year, ours was a Roobarb school. So many of us would walk around talking like Custard the cat, saying "bardo" {ie, "I know" !}. On and off that happened for a couple of years ! We were so stupid !!:laughings:

Nowt to do with music but good memories
I'm going to slightly disagree with you there. I don't remember any music to Tingha and Tucka but all the other shows you mentioned had memorable theme tunes. The fuzz guitar on "Roobarb" was legendary, not to mention that cool harmonica. I'd've been proud to have written that theme. And as for the Banana Splits theme, that's one of my favourite pieces of music. Now there's a melody to kill for and a bass line to fly a person to the moon, it's just so cool. I think that maybe we underestimate just how much our musical tastes and songwriting may have been informed by some of theme tunes of programmes we used to watch back when we were knee high to a.....giraffe.

I remember all of them. I always thought Tingha and Tucka were called Tinker and Tucker ! I vaguely remember Willie Wombat from that show. Thinking about it, they weren't the only koalas on British TV at the time because I remember one that used to hang around with Rolf Harris called Kuji {Coojee ?} bear.
Skippy and Flipper I remember as a kid in Birmingham. We moved to London in '69 and it was shortly after that we discovered the Banana Splits and Scooby Doo, both of which played an enormous part in my childhood when I was 7 and 8. Great, great programmes and a serious highlight of the week. In those days, you'd only see most shows once a week and then that episode never again, unlike todays rolling repeat culture where you might catch a particular episode of a programme for kids 21 times in a week.
I probably became a jeans and T shirt guy because of Shaggy.
Roobarb I discovered just as started I secondary school in '74. My school was a long way away from where I lived and it used to take me ages to get home but on this particular day, I got home by 4.25 or so which was unheard of then and just happened to catch Roobarb and I thought it was brilliant. The next day at school I told anyone that would listen about it and for the 74/75 year, ours was a Roobarb school. So many of us would walk around talking like Custard the cat, saying "bardo" {ie, "I know" !}. On and off that happened for a couple of years ! We were so stupid !!:laughings:

I'm going to slightly disagree with you there. I don't remember any music to Tingha and Tucka but all the other shows you mentioned had memorable theme tunes. The fuzz guitar on "Roobarb" was legendary, not to mention that cool harmonica. I'd've been proud to have written that theme. And as for the Banana Splits theme, that's one of my favourite pieces of music. Now there's a melody to kill for and a bass line to fly a person to the moon, it's just so cool. I think that maybe we underestimate just how much our musical tastes and songwriting may have been informed by some of theme tunes of programmes we used to watch back when we were knee high to a.....giraffe.

I was from Brum but lived out in another town. All my family from there. Witton road and Kingstanding, Perry Bar. We both escaped.:thumbs up:

How about HR Puff-n-Stuff? Odd show, but entertaining. Oh, and Lancelot Link - The Secret Chimp! :laughings:
HR Puff'n'Stuff used to slightly freak me out. It was a rather weird show and Witchy Poo was the stuff uncomfortable nights were made of. The kids on the estate {projects to you Americans} I used to live on used to sing to the theme tune of HR Puff'n'Stuff a little ditty that went "HR padded bra/doesn't matter what size you are/24 or 26/don't use them often or they'll......"
and I shall leave that final line to your imagination.
Kids !
And you are the only person I've ever heard mention Lancelot Link. That wasn't shown in the UK as far as I know but I lived in Nigeria in the late 70s and believe it or not, it was on telly there. Mind you, all kinds of obscure shows like "Carrison's Guerillas" {which my sister thought was called "Cows and gorillas"} used to get shown there. They'd take anything and show it. I remember Lancelot's band, the Evolution Revolution or something like that. I don't know how they got all those chimps to be so organized !
I was from Brum but lived out in another town. All my family from there. Witton road and Kingstanding, Perry Bar. We both escaped.:thumbs up:
My humble beginnings were in Aston when it was a slum although we just missed the slummy bit then some years later they did a slum clearance and that particular place ceased to exist. Then we moved to a house that was full of mice and opposite a school before ending up in Edgbaston in a place I really liked that had the Grand Union canal at the back of the communal garden. I was sad to leave Brum.....until I left ! Once I realized we were moving to a flat with lifts I was in 7th Heaven !

So in my neck of the woods...just as NY State was reopening, and people were starting to get back to normal, our idiot governor, Adolf Cuomo issues a new executive order to crack down on all the restaurants and bars that are not following distancing rules, because some people noticed that many places had larger crowds, and they called the governor's office to complain.
This is mostly (so far) in Long Island and Manhattan, where the shutdowns have been the longest and the hardest.

I think people are on the verge of a serious push-back here, especially because the numbers don't show anything getting worse in NYS....actually, it's been getting better and better, and cases are dropping way off. I think it's because it was one of the fist areas to get hit hard by the virus...so the big wave has passed here.

Anyway...people are starting to get really mad...so many hospitality businesses are folding or on the verge of folding...meanwhile out governor doesn't feel any of that, and he's just busy doing his weekly TV conferences from a distance, and killing off the whole state in the process...but what is so totally hypocritical with this governor, is that when all the protests, riots, looting and destruction was going on....he was OK with all those large gatherings, and made no effort, no executive order to disperse the crowds due to virus transmission.

The most idiotic thing he said then...was to tell the rioters and looters, "You've won, there's no reason to keep rioting and looting anymore...we are listening, and we want to know what changes do you want us to make with all our police departments".
Really...?...:eek:...he's asking the rioters and looters to tell our state and local governments how to implement changes...?...and all they are saying is "defund the police". That way it will be open season all the time....a perpetual "Purge"...which is what many of those people want. No cops anywhere.

So he gives them a pass...but now wants to crack down on people standing too close to each other while having a beer and burger. :facepalm:

So he gives them a pass...but now wants to crack down on people standing too close to each other while having a beer and burger. :facepalm:

Because he can control the sheep. Maybe it is time for the 99% to say, "wait, let's put some sanity back into our life and work toward change in a progressive orderly way."

Just like I’ve been saying from the beginning, the cure or more accurately, the government’s actions towards this ‘pandemic’ is WORSE than the infection.

They have turned our lives into a skeleton of our normal previous lives
They have devastated our economy, our freedom, our liberties, and are enacting more and more controls and regulations, not to mention the surveillance being rolled out

And all this for an infection that turns out to be roughly the same as the common yearly flu.

This whole operation is not a war against an invisible enemy, but a war on the people of the earth.

Yet they pump the fear, as the numbers keep on going down.

Oh....the conspiracy nuts are out again..........said the sheep.
Oh....the sheep are out again.....said the conspiracy nut.

Wah wah wah.......said the sheep.
Wah wah wah.......said the conspiracy nut.

Oh...it's just like the flu.
Oh...everyone could die.

I'm completely right.....said the conspiracy nut.
I'm completely right.....said the sheep.

Thank god for both. My wife makes a ton of $$$$ from both. Thank you all.

What if we die before any of this really alters our own life?
Will all the hand wringing have been worth it?
Ok....so you're going to say a noble cause is a noble cause right?

Hmmm.........if there is a middle class left.......they're all thinking......everyone has gone nuts.

Baddabing!

Oh....the conspiracy nuts are out again..........said the sheep.
Oh....the sheep are out again.....said the conspiracy nut.

Mmm...when it's actually happening, and even documented in the news media....I don't think you can call it a "conspiracy" anymore.

I think the real conspiracy is that way too many people have been programmed to explain a lot of this stuff away by just calling it all conspiracy theory...and to assume it's really all for their good, and perfectly normal in order for everyone to feel safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back