DAW Users With ADD

Drummer I played with in Denver from 81-84 was at a wedding about 2 hours from here yesterday. So I got in my car and drove 2 hours. :)
Got to spend 2 1/2 hours catching up at an Italian place over stromboli. Good times. Wish we'd had somewhere to do a short jam.

My mission today is to make something called sangrita.

When I was in Mexico City maybe 18 or 20 years ago, I went out drinking with one of my customers at the time (a Mexican, of course). We ended up doing shots of tequila, but a very high end one, and it was served with a side of something called sangrita. The sangrita was served chilled in a shot glass, and it was some type tomato-based drink. The idea is you sip the tequila, followed by an alternating sip of the sangrita.

I remember it being really good, but I had forgotten about it until today. I found several recipes online. Some say a true sangrita has no tomato juice in it. Instead, the red comes from pomegranite juice. However I'm pretty sure the one I had was tomato-based, and apparently that's the way it is served in Mexico City (makes sense, since that's where I was).

Anyway, I'm going to experiment, but it seems most recipes use some combo of tomato juice, lime juice, orange juice and grenadine (or pomegranite juice) along with heat in the form of hot sauce, chili powder, and/or horse radish, and worcestershire sauce. Similar to a bloody mary mix, but with the citrus stuff and grenadine.

Anyway, it appears there will be shooters of tequila in my near future. :drunk:

Imagine that! Something you forgot about while drinking...:D
"Drinking is some of the best fun I'll never remember!" Don't remember who said it, but maybe it was me! :laughings:

Tequila and ginger ale in a jigger (double shot) glass in even proportions (they usually get a little off after a few). Slam it on the counter and let it directly inject the back of your throat. Tequila poppers. (used to be a bartender BC).

Tequila and ginger ale in a jigger (double shot) glass in even proportions (they usually get a little off after a few). Slam it on the counter and let it directly inject the back of your throat. Tequila poppers. (used to be a bartender BC).

We did those the night before my youngest brother's wedding. (Although I think we used 7-Up.) We even had my mother doing them. :D

Fond memories... if I could actually remember them. :rolleyes:

I failed to drink enough this weekend.:o:(

I'm totally going to make up for it this FOUR DAY WEEKEND!:guitar::drunk::D

That's the spirit.

One of my bandmates is having a party the weekend after. He wants us to play at it. :eek:

I'm trying to figure a way out of it, but I starting to think I'm stuck. :(

That's the spirit.

One of my bandmates is having a party the weekend after. He wants us to play at it. :eek:

I'm trying to figure a way out of it, but I starting to think I'm stuck. :(

As long as it's unpaid and there's no cover all you're there for is a good time. Go for it.:guitar::drunk:

Bad
Having to go out of town for four days to do a big job.

Worse
The boss coming along for the job, because it's "fun".

More bad
The guy who calls you all the time when he needs something, but doesn't return your calls when he owes you money.

Scoreboard
Friday= Zero drinks:(
Saturday=Zero drinks:(
Sunday= Time for a furious second half comeback :drunk: :drunk: :guitar:

LATER!!!

As long as it's unpaid and there's no cover all you're there for is a good time. Go for it.:guitar::drunk:
!

Not only are we not getting paid, we're expected to "bring something." My contribution will be a 12-pack of Heineken. :thumbs up: (Wonder what everyone else will drink?) :D

And now that I learned how to make sangrita, I tested my recipe again yesterday. This time with Patron Silver. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Not only are we not getting paid, we're expected to "bring something." My contribution will be a 12-pack of Heineken. :thumbs up: (Wonder what everyone else will drink?)
Looks like the Dachays live appearance will have to wait another year. Weather forecast has caused the host to move the party until Sunday, and our singer can't make it Sunday.

I hope the crowd won't be too disappointed. :rolleyes:

Going back to work after vacation is usually a hard thing. This vacation I spent 10 13-15 hour days in 100+ high humidity weather in a fireworks tent helping raise money for our church. Going back to work is like being on vacation...

It's funny, the first thing people ask is something along the lines of, "How'd the sales go?" and I tell them they went well. Then the real question hits: "How much did your church make?" I have a simple answer that usually quiets them. "It's none of my business." I don't know. I don't care. What the church does with the money is between them and God. My volunteering all those hours--that's my business. :) I love my church. What I give to them (financially or physically) is GIVEN. It's no longer mine to use. If I give my step daughter $500 I don't ask for a reckoning of how she spent it, it's HERS...no longer my business. Let alone someone else'.

Looks like the Dachays live appearance will have to wait another year. Weather forecast has caused the host to move the party until Sunday, and our singer can't make it Sunday.

I hope the crowd won't be too disappointed. :rolleyes:

I thought your singer wasn't in the band anymore.:confused:

I've always said that in bands, especially cover bands, everyone should sing. It gives you a little tonal variety even if one person does the majority of singing.

Sniff test
Cakewalk is offering lifetime upgrades for a certain price. It makes me think the software is getting close to the end of the line and that they are trying to squeeze the last $$$ out of it. IMO the software is bloated, while I do like some of the features in X2, there's just too much going on, I don't know that there's much more they can do that they haven't done already.

The weekend
Nothing really planned and that's a good thing. Next weekend I have a jam on Friday, go to the racetrack on Saturday and have a jam again on Sunday afternoon.

I need longer weekends.

LATER!!!

I thought your singer wasn't in the band anymore.:confused:
He came back. Probably like a year ago. He left when our first drummer left, and was gone for maybe 9 months, but apparently missed us too much. :D

And we might be making our appearance after all. He is driving down to VA on Sunday to pick up his granddaughter, but thinks he can be back and make the party by 5:00-ish. We could still get a couple of sets in, even if he gets there at 6:00.

I agree about having more voices in a band. But it is what it is. Right now just he and I do all the singing. :(

Back