DAW Users With ADD

Legacy software

Years back I went into a group buy for loops that kept adding on things as it got bigger. Well it turns out the loops sucked, but I ended up Getting Sampletank 2 and a crapload of samples that were w-a-y more valuable to me than the loops of the initial offering. I'm guessing Sampletank was at the end of it's sales life and they were just squeezing a few more cents out of it.

When I move to my new computer SONAR X2 came with their sampler which was 64bit so I never bothered to install it even though I liked it. As it turns out they have a FREE 64 bit version 3 that is fully functional AND will play legacy sounds. So I'm reinstalling it right now.

Native instruments also has a free functional sampler, but it will not play legacy samples.

Software

I keep telling myself I'm never buying anymore, but I just bought another plug in.:rolleyes:

UAD gives me a $25 coupon, a $50 coupon and then has a sale to boot, so I bought the Oxide tape emulation for $24. Less than a year ago people were gladly paying $149. I definitely was not in the market for this, but at that price I'll bite.

Jamming

Today is the start of afternoon jams. I come from a long line of day time drinkers, this should work out well.:drunk::guitar:

The weather
It's summer once the nights are warm, and last night was perfect.

LATER!!!

Fighting finances and having drives go down and feeling a lot anxious. When my next money hits, I'll order a $5 cable to see if that's the problem, but I'm going to have to replace the external, at least (had my SSD with all my songs and the Reason software go down, AND it's mirror drive had just gone down two days before. :) YAY!).

Hit 101 here yesterday, but I've heard there's worse going on, so I'll just smile and love my indoor job.

Step daughter took the grands out of the house for the week to visit her family in Indiana. Peace! Quiet! and no ability to record. :(

Fighting finances and having drives go down and feeling a lot anxious. When my next money hits, I'll order a $5 cable to see if that's the problem, but I'm going to have to replace the external, at least (had my SSD with all my songs and the Reason software go down, AND it's mirror drive had just gone down two days before. :) YAY!).

Hit 101 here yesterday, but I've heard there's worse going on, so I'll just smile and love my indoor job.

Step daughter took the grands out of the house for the week to visit her family in Indiana. Peace! Quiet! and no ability to record. :(
I don't mean this sarcastically, but how does a solid state drive go down? I thought the advantage was speed and no moving parts?

Anyway, sorry to hear that. I haven't done anything recording in awhile, but I used to bsck up my projects to DVD-RWs. Tedious, but better than losing the work entirely.

SSDs have a limited amount of read/write that they are capable of before there is degradation of the file system. Theoretically, that number is in the millions and should never be reached in a 10 year lifespan. However, mfg defects or what-not may cause them to fail early. The other cause of problems is in the original cables. They did not lock into the drive or the MB and therefore minor movements causes corrosion, or something else (not real clear on that point) and replacing the cable with a locking one will usually resolve the issue. $5 fix, but I went $200 in the hole paying spider bite bills last paycheck and I've got to fill the hole back in before trying that fix. Next week. :)

SSDs have a limited amount of read/write that they are capable of before there is degradation of the file system. Theoretically, that number is in the millions and should never be reached in a 10 year lifespan. However, mfg defects or what-not may cause them to fail early. The other cause of problems is in the original cables. They did not lock into the drive or the MB and therefore minor movements causes corrosion, or something else (not real clear on that point) and replacing the cable with a locking one will usually resolve the issue. $5 fix, but I went $200 in the hole paying spider bite bills last paycheck and I've got to fill the hole back in before trying that fix. Next week. :)
They use SATA cables? I've got a few you can have. Just need to drive up to Jersey to get them. :D

I have a friend that I'd love to see in Cherry Hill, but right now it's kind of out of the question. :) Drummer friend of mine is coming down from Maine next week for a visit. Maybe he could drop by on the way down...probably not. S'ok. Amazon has one waiting for me to get the funds together...hate when I'm talking about finances like it should be for buying a house or a car, but it's a $5 cable. That's just funny!
I am always fascinated by the opportunity to visit others with our passion. Went to see Stu Gort when I was in Spokane last year for a wedding. He's got an amazing outfit making custom guitars with a patented truss rod system that simply blew me away. Interesting to see what drives musicians.
BTW, I've got more SATA cables, but my wife packed them up and has no idea where she put them ... :(

I'm still unsure about a sound hole pickup. :o

Anyway, it's moot since I spent my "free" cash this month on a new bathroom vanity and granite top. If you have any plumbing expertise, keep the phone lines open. :)

It was so cheap I thought about buying it. I've had quite the string of unforeseen expenses as of late so I'm spending all my spare cash on alcohol.

You must be living in quite the nice place, myself I've been running the place into the ground.

Yeah, it's the lap of luxury here. :rolleyes:
The word luxury called across the web waves to me so I thought I'd check in on you guys! Glad to see there is still nothing of consequence being debated so all is good with the world.

Just become a granddad again to baby Jemima, so one of each now. Mom and daughter both doing well. Youngest daughter is due to give birth in August.

Take care and will drop by again sometime before Christmas!!!

Glad to see there is still nothing of consequence being debated so all is good with the world.
We're not allowed to talk about anything of consequence.

Congratulations on the grandchildren.

Fathers day

The holiday where we get a card and the lucky ones get to buy themselves something. I'm really looking forward to that card.:rolleyes:

The weather
As good as it gets, there are Margaritas in my future.

LATER!!!

Just become a granddad again to baby Jemima, so one of each now. Mom and daughter both doing well. Youngest daughter is due to give birth in August.
!
Wow, they're knocking them out like rabbits. :D

Hopefully there'll be enough of them that maybe at least one will come read to you and wipe the drool from your chin in a couple years at the senior home. :laughings:

Back