Deal?.......MXL 603S for $30 at MF

mine should be here tomorrow....I may try out one of those mods myself...I have never performed any type of mod but I have been interrested in giving it a try...

I have some not so great news... Just talked to MF... The next shipment will be arriving OCTOBER 2nd. I talked to 2 different reps and both said Oct.2

I told the first guy that MF still had the 603s available on the web in the Pac Plus (603s w/ a 2003)... He says "Well I advise you to cancel your order and order the Pac Plus". What a joke! The Pac Plus is $170. He also said they had over 100 on Back order. The 2nd Guy said they could possibly get some earlier but not likely and if someone orders the Pac Plus they would only get the 2003 shipped and then have to wait for the 603s. Pretty Lame!

I guess I'll be trying these out w/ my ACMP Pres.
& yes the ship49 worked for me.
B.

I have yet to hear of anyone getting a backordered notice. On two forums?

I ordered mine just minutes before the deal disappeared, and mine are going to be here on Friday. I guess I lucked out. Although, I wish I would have thought of that ship49 promo code.

I have yet to hear of anyone getting a backordered notice. On two forums?

You obviously can't read very well either...
See if you can read this eMail they sent me and see if it clears things up for ya. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your recent order xxxxxxxxxxx. We are temporarily
out of stock on the item(s) noted below, but have more
on backorder with the manufacturer. We will ship them to
you as soon as we receive them. We sincerely appreciate
your patience.

If you have any questions regarding this order or need help
please visit us online www.musiciansfriend.com where you
can email questions and viewour knowledge base. Or if
you prefer, call 1-800-776-5173 to speak to a customer
service representative. We're here 24 hours a day, 7
days a week to answer your questions.

Thank you for choosing Musician's Friend

Sincerely,

Musician's Friend Customer Service

QTY ITEM DESCRIPTION $ AMOUNT
****************************************************************************************
x 270970 03 MXL 603S PENCIL INSTRUMENT MIC DUE DATE: 10/02/08 xxx.xx

This email was sent from a notification-only address that
cannot accept incoming mail. Please do not reply to
this message.

I ordered mine with paypal. Somehow the order got hosed and they took my money but never processed my order. I could see my order in my order history on the website but it said status unknown not processed.

I called and the lady on the phone said that the last order she could see from me was from last month. I told her I'm looking at my order right now on THEIR website. How the hell could they not see my order? She started trying to get me to re-order. I explained to her that they already took my money I'm not giving them more and then fighting with paypal to get reimbursed. She asked if I could send a receipt proving that the money came out of my account.......then she asked for my paypal account number.

At that point I asked if she even knew what paypal is. She said she did but it was obvious she had no clue what I was talking about. I asked her to put someone on the phone who could help me.

So some guy gets on the phone and explains to me that the order was botched up in their system. They reprocessed my order and the status is now "being packed". What a pain.

SO if you log on to the website and see your order status as "unknown not processed" call em up and get it sorted.

You obviously can't read very well either...
See if you can read this eMail they sent me and see if it clears things up for ya. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your recent order xxxxxxxxxxx. We are temporarily
out of stock on the item(s) noted below, but have more
on backorder with the manufacturer. We will ship them to
you as soon as we receive them. We sincerely appreciate
your patience.

If you have any questions regarding this order or need help
please visit us online www.musiciansfriend.com where you
can email questions and viewour knowledge base. Or if
you prefer, call 1-800-776-5173 to speak to a customer
service representative. We're here 24 hours a day, 7
days a week to answer your questions.

Thank you for choosing Musician's Friend

Sincerely,

Musician's Friend Customer Service

QTY ITEM DESCRIPTION $ AMOUNT
****************************************************************************************
x 270970 03 MXL 603S PENCIL INSTRUMENT MIC DUE DATE: 10/02/08 xxx.xx

This email was sent from a notification-only address that
cannot accept incoming mail. Please do not reply to
this message.

Do we get a little angry when we don't get our toy's right away?

Recieve my ordered pair around noon. I was expecting the cardboard box treatment for the $30 price but they came in the MXL molded plastic case with a windscreen and clip. Good hit.

Paj
8^)

Recieve my ordered pair around noon. I was expecting the cardboard box treatment for the $30 price but they came in the MXL molded plastic case with a windscreen and clip. Good hit.

Paj
8^)

Ditto. The case was a nice surprise.

Here's how it went: I see through the window UPS pulling up in front of the house. I say to my wife, "by the way I ordered some music stuff". She says, "don't tell me, another microphone". I say "but it was on sale".

The $30 price tag made it easier to swallow, so I took that opportunity to tell her that a Frontier Design Tranzport is on the way too.

Paj
8^)
same here -- nice! I'm not sure what I'll do with those cases, though.

I'm about to go on a road trip for a few days. When I get back, I'll try and do the mod and post pics and samples.

same here -- nice! I'm not sure what I'll do with those cases, though.

I'm about to go on a road trip for a few days. When I get back, I'll try and do the mod and post pics and samples.
Nice. I'm gonna order the parts to do the mod. Nice trip. I'm betting your going to go into a pawn shop and find an U87 for $25 like every other incredible deal you've found. I'm gonna be pissed! LOL. :D

Here's how it went: I see through the window UPS pulling up in front of the house. I say to my wife, "by the way I ordered some music stuff". She says, "don't tell me, another microphone". I say "but it was on sale".

The $30 price tag made it easier to swallow, so I took that opportunity to tell her that a Frontier Design Tranzport is on the way too.

LOL.. I thought that you were going to say that you told your wife...."honey, I think I hear one of the neighbor kids screaming in the back yard. Can you run out there and make sure everything's OK.....while you clandestinely went and quick signed for the mics and stashed them...... :D:D

PS - I might have said this before, but this mic sound killer on snare. Check out my Drum Mic Madness thread to see if you can tell which it is!!

bp

You're gonna love the Tranzport! Oh yeah, mine should be here tomorrow.

:D

Back