Deal?.......MXL 603S for $30 at MF

Thanks. I love the last line of the description:

"Harvey Gerst Requires phantom power"

That's not true; I run on internal batteries (which are nearly depleted, but there's no user access).

And I wonder if the "stupid" part refers to the mic, the deal, or me?

LOL! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I got two... YAPOSDC (yet another pair of small diaphragm condensers) - I doubt they'll be very well matched, but what the heck.

Harvey - maybe you should just *try* phantom power to see what happens :D - the folks at MF aren't always 100% on specs, but occasionally they hit the mark

Harvey - maybe you should just *try* phantom power to see what happens :D - the folks at MF aren't always 100% on specs, but occasionally they hit the mark

Where exactly are you supposing Harvey's XLR connection is located?

Two more mics for me, even though I really wasn't looking for any. Most of the reviews are pretty decent on these , so what the heck. I'm surprised the aren't sold out yet.

I didn't need them but a pair have been on my list for a long time. The Harvey thing sold me for sure. Too funny! lols

I bought 3 for a buddy of mine, and he doesn't even know it yet! :D:D Got a couple for myself as well. In recent drum mic shootouts that I did, the 991/604 did VERY well on snare drum (if you want that condenser sound). I'd say better than my Gefell 692/M70's, better than 451/CK1's and about equal (but different) to a KM84. The crunchy bright top really works in that situation. For toms they can work well too as long a you don't overload them. For OH or HH, there's much better choices IMO.

PS - THANKS to the OP for the tip. I never would have seen them if I hadn't caught this post. I also got my CAD M177's on the STupid Deal. I think they were $39.95 and I got 4 of them and they have consistantly come out on top as my favorite all around tom mics. (Over 604's, 421's, 414's, i5's, 57's, M71's, etc. - although I'd still like to use U87's, but I'm not crazy enough to do that except in VERY rare circumstances with a VERY controlled drummer in an VERY VERY high paying session.)

Back Ordered

Just checked my order and it says Back ordered... Any one else? I ordered mine around 1pm yesterday. Do they usually Over sell the "SDOTD" before it says sold out? I hope they don't take a month to get shipped or cancel my order.

Anyone delt w/ this in the past or know how MF handles this situation?

B.

I ordered around 11am and mine says "Being Packed".

I ordered mine at 8:31 am and it says "to be picked." I wish I knew what that meant. And I'll be mighty pissed if I don't get mine and people who ordered at... oh let's say ELEVEN O'CLOCK ...get theirs. :mad:

Just kidding.... I hope we all get ours. :D

mine's "being packed". My order was at 11:15 AM. It wasn't until *after* I made the order that I remembered Mr. Bowes' charity website - I'll remember next time, though.

I remember a while back I ordered Amplitube or some software like that from the stupid buy for $20 or something. After a week or so, they quietly refunded my money and I never got anything. If I had had more energy at the time, I might have pushed back on that, but as it was I let it go. All the other stupid buy things I bought came out fine.

Last edited:
Back