Deal?.......MXL 603S for $30 at MF

mine shipped.

BTW, we had a discussion about getting an email alert about stupid buys some time ago, and I coded up something - I was the only taker back then, but I've been getting an email [almost] every morning since, including for these.

I can easily add a few more outgoing emails - if anyone's interested PM me - it works most (but not all) of the time, and since it's screen scraping, it totally breaks when they change the format of the page, and I have to go fix it, so sometimes it's down for a few days (just needed to get that disclaimer in up front :) )

My pair was ordered a little after 11 AM EDST (7/27) and have been shipped.

Is MF honoring back orders? If so, that's nice. I seem to recall that the ad said something to the effect of "While they last . . ."

Paj
8^)

I got a ship conformation e-mail, and the money was taken out of my account via paypal, but they gave me a broken tracking number. I tried it like 3 times. Maybe I have to wait a bit :confused:

I got a ship conformation e-mail, and the money was taken out of my account via paypal, but they gave me a broken tracking number. I tried it like 3 times. Maybe I have to wait a bit :confused:

My tracking number doesn't work either, but I think that just means it's not in the UPS system yet. It's probably still waiting for pickup or something. Seems like I remember that happening before.

Is anyone hear planning on doing modifications on this?

would this one make any difference?

http://www.prodigy-pro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5156

I think I remember other mods being talked about, but I haven't looked into it much. I'm really a newbie when it comes to any kind of soldering, so I'm looking for something easy, and this looked easy.

Same deal with me. Tracking #'s take up to 24 hrs to get into the system BTW. I ordered very late in the day, so I'm surprised that mine's not back ordered.

Is anyone hear planning on doing modifications on this?

would this one make any difference?

http://www.prodigy-pro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5156
I'm absolutely gonna do the first step in that process to mine. The 1000pf poly capacitors I have look similar to what's in the picture, but are axial instead of radial. This step is the easiest, and I think makes the biggest difference.

I don't plan on changing those other two caps, because when I did them to my 991, they didn't make much difference, IMO. (but if I don't notice a big difference with the first one, I might go ahead and try it).

Like the poster at PP, I can confirm that these are pretty easy to work on and hard to screw up, unlike the MK-012s, which are fragile.

I know Marik has some good advice with these which probably goes beyond the first step there, but I don't know what he recommends.

Last edited:
Shipped also!

I probably won't get around to using these for awhile but I couldn't pass them up for the price and anything below $100 I don't need to check in with the CFO of the house.:D;)

I told the first guy that MF still had the 603s available on the web in the Pac Plus (603s w/ a 2003)... He says "Well I advise you to cancel your order and order the Pac Plus". What a joke! The Pac Plus is $170. He also said they had over 100 on Back order. The 2nd Guy said they could possibly get some earlier but not likely and if someone orders the Pac Plus they would only get the 2003 shipped and then have to wait for the 603s. Pretty Lame!

What an amazing coincidence. MF just sent me a survey asking what it would take to get my business back. I sent them about a one page response, the bulk of which was complaining about their back-order policy---more backorders from them than all the other vendors I deal with put together, refusing to substitute equivalent products at a small loss (cables) to retain a regular (high ticket) customer, etc.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that a monkey could run their stocking system better than they do.

i just received an email saying my order was being shipped. i ordered two of these at 11:30 PM EST

yay

Anybody know where the best place is to get those parts (in the U.S.A.)
Here's where I got mine on the one I did. Because the parts are so cheep and they had minimum shipping I ordered 20 of the .22uF and 8 of the .001uF. I knew I would be doing future mods.

Mouser
50v .001uF Zicon Polystyrene Film Cap
p/n 23PW210

Digi-Key
50v .22uF Stack Metal film Cap
p/n P4667-ND

HTH

Paul:D

Back