creamy milky compressor why

walters

The creamy thick sound i have to run the audio signal through 4 compressors
to get the creamy thick sound.

I don't know why in theory why compressors would give me a thick creamy
sound i always looks at a compressor as squeezing the signal together
but you can use it to thicken and make it creamy too

Why does a compressor make the audio turn into like Milk creamy audio?

compressor is like Milk and thick cream

So i put more in series so 4 compressors give more Milk and cream to the signal

The Compressor makes it really Fat and Milky and Creamy why is that?

How does it make that Milky functionality and Creamy Functionality?

Is there Recording Rules to set the compress up to make it More Milky and
creamy and what are the settings of the attack and release?

Milky compression? Isn't that what happens when your two year old sits down on breakfast?

Geez, is this guy serious? When is he going to ask a real question? I can't understand anything he posts! :mad:

usually when you let milk sit for a while it becomes creamy, so leave your milk out over night, whip it up with a spoon or a fork so it's kinda like whipped cream, then take the cover off of your compressor and pour the cream into it. don't pour too much. then plug it in and see if it is creamy enough. if not, add to your liking. repeat until the propper creamyness is acheived

I'm going to have to agree with him here.

Indeed, milky smooth and creamy! Hmm, too bad I dont have any snacks. I ate my entire bag of snickers fun size in two days....

I guess I can understand your creamyness similarly to the tube warmth... But nevertheless I don't get your question!!!

aXel

walters said:
This is what happens its becomes fat and creamy and milky why?

I have gone to all soy compressors. Tastes kind of like milk, but without the gassiness during mixdown.

Milk, Cream, and Butter (In that order)

Your signal is milk.

Each compressor acts like an axial dairy churn. Picture milk in the churn, churning and eventually beginning to froth. The bubbles are like phase rotation, and the rivulets and tributaries are THD.

Now, picture a multitude of churns acting in cooperation. See? Now your milk is being churned by a series of churns. Eventually there is a biological coagulant which 'thickens' your milk with each successive churning. Now, optical compressors are more like actual people operating the churn (a little slower) and FET compressors are like machine blenders. Picture a nice Swiss maid with a paddle in her hand stirring the wooden barrel of milk. She is an optical unit. Could even be goat's milk. If it was the Swiss maid, instead of picturing a series of machine churns, picture the signal chain as the passage of time as the Swiss maid slowly stirs the milk into delicious cream, then into fresh delicious creamery butter. I like a lot of butter on my toast, as do many people. I've seen people eat butter sandwiches before, but I have never tried it. My grandparents got me into the habit of eating butter on almost all grain products. Even oatmeal. Occasionally I put some fruit slices on my oatmeal, but nowadays I eat it uncooked in milk with a dab of honey. Hence, no need for butter.

So, by the time the nice Swiss girl gets her delicious farm milk churned into butter, it is not at all what it started out to be. It now has much more mass (less dynamic range,) but it is still quite tasty. I think they add salt sometimes to smooth out the taste of the delicious butter. (EQ & De-Essing.)

I like bicycles!

The Dynacomp MXR has a very layered buttery milk sound to it why is
it so layered what makes it layered?

OOOHHH!!! Creamy. OOOOOHHHH!!! Milky. UUUMMMM!!!!

I like it. Wait, isn't this the hotgirls thread?

Damn, wrong place again. Sorry, my bad. :eek:

enferno said:
usually when you let milk sit for a while it becomes creamy, so leave your milk out over night, whip it up with a spoon or a fork so it's kinda like whipped cream, then take the cover off of your compressor and pour the cream into it. don't pour too much. then plug it in and see if it is creamy enough. if not, add to your liking. repeat until the propper creamyness is acheived

But doesn't the 3:1 rule apply here?

;)

I don't really know what the hell this guy is asking, but I do like to use compressors in a series, especially on vocals.

I've found that using an opto compressor like the Waves Rcomp or Rvox first in the chain with just a few dbs of reduction followed next by the C1 hitting it a little harder gives me a great vocal sound. The opto smooths things out, and the C1 beefs it up.

Back