So who wants to collab?

Re-Lapse

Aight, so I was workin' on a beat earlier.. and I can't get anymore into it, it sounds like crap and I'm stumped. So, I'm going to throw up the beat, to give people a listen, and for those interested, I'll throw up the FLP to their e-mail to see who can give me the best collab. I don't want a 5 minute song, I want the outcome to be at least 3 minutes maximum. The song is suppose to have a "love" feel to it, so it's not going to be gangsta, that's why it's the way it is.

The guitar in it, just sounds horrid and I can't figure out why... So, if anyone can either A. Give me some constructive criticism to make it better, I'm all ears. (Well Eyes in this case) But I'll take any advice, and put it to use.

Second of all, I SUCK at Synth's, so that's one problem with most of my beats is they don't have any synth's in the background to smooth out the beat.

Help ,... please?

--Re-Lapse

ammarg89 said:
Yo sne dme teh .flp at ammarg89@yahoo.com, i wann see wta i can do wit it lol.

Sent.

Send the finished FLP back to re-lapse@hotmail.com

--Re-Lapse

EDIT: There's a problem. I don't have all the add-on downloaded beats for it in the FLP file. So, it's not going to work. S.O.B.

I guess all I can do is, ask for assistance.. in other words, what should I do to make it better?

My Apologies.

Come on Lapse you can do it home boy...throw some change ups in there...and take that bassline out in the beginning...and replace it with a sine bass

I like that other than the bassline... sounds like BooBass which = yucky... but otherwise i seriously like it alot, and as goes for the synths, thats my highpoint... i have 4 main synths ive made that i use (made with the Sytrus plugin)... im willin ta let ya use one of them in a case of maybe giving me some snares or something cuz im desperate for snares (on key) so lemme know...

I gotta disagree with venom on this one and say that boo bass is actually one of the better stock basses in fl especially if you can tweak it to make it sound nice and i don't just mean the 3 knobs on the plugin either i'm talkin about the 3 knobs plus some eq plus some layering and boo bass can give you industry bass . the way i try to picture my instruments is like this: lay out the melody for the bass and listen to it then once you do your layering and eq and such it will have a more broad sound to it for a comparison you could say this: just playin the melody and doing nothing to it is like you looking at a t.v . and you can see 1 bass player and the rest is darkness, and once you add some layering and effects and such the camera widens and you see more of the orchestra for a more stronger and better sound? you know wut i'm trying to say or did i just not make any sense at all?
:eek:

Noddy301 said:
Come on Lapse you can do it home boy...throw some change ups in there...and take that bassline out in the beginning...and replace it with a sine bass

I'll try man.

--Re-Lapse

Venom said:
I like that other than the bassline... sounds like BooBass which = yucky... but otherwise i seriously like it alot, and as goes for the synths, thats my highpoint... i have 4 main synths ive made that i use (made with the Sytrus plugin)... im willin ta let ya use one of them in a case of maybe giving me some snares or something cuz im desperate for snares (on key) so lemme know...

I can hook you up with a load of snares if you can hook me up with some good synth's :)

--Re-Lapse

DesertEase said:
I gotta disagree with venom on this one and say that boo bass is actually one of the better stock basses in fl especially if you can tweak it to make it sound nice and i don't just mean the 3 knobs on the plugin either i'm talkin about the 3 knobs plus some eq plus some layering and boo bass can give you industry bass . the way i try to picture my instruments is like this: lay out the melody for the bass and listen to it then once you do your layering and eq and such it will have a more broad sound to it for a comparison you could say this: just playin the melody and doing nothing to it is like you looking at a t.v . and you can see 1 bass player and the rest is darkness, and once you add some layering and effects and such the camera widens and you see more of the orchestra for a more stronger and better sound? you know wut i'm trying to say or did i just not make any sense at all?
:eek:

I'll work on it man, thanks for the criticism I see what you're saying.

Much appreciated. :)

--Re-Lapse

Re-Lapse said:
EDIT: There's a problem. I don't have all the add-on downloaded beats for it in the FLP file. So, it's not going to work. S.O.B.
under the File menu, where you can extract loop or song to WAV, MP3, etc... you can also extract to .ZIP. this will package the session file with the sounds that you're using.

i dont know what i can do, but send a .zip file to Billy_Bo@hotmail.com and i'll check it out.

i like the boo bass as well . . . on another note however, . . . anyone got a "dirty south" style joint i might be able to get up on? i need a "throw some d's on it" type shit or some "rock them hips" or "ridin flats" type of joint to complete my project that i have been so painstakingly working on . . . if so, holla

hey - im really diggin the track though - i like that bass line (as already stated) i guess were it a "dif" bass line . . . u might be able to make the song as a whole more "commercial" but as is - this DA JAM!

gullyjewelz said:
on another note however, . . . anyone got a "dirty south" style joint i might be able to get up on? i need a "throw some d's on it" type shit or some "rock them hips" or "ridin flats" type of joint to complete my project that i have been so painstakingly working on . . . if so, holla

go through my site Boss Recordings it might be something there for you..

if not give me a call this weekend and i can go through the other 100's of beats i have and working on :D

BillyBo said:
under the File menu, where you can extract loop or song to WAV, MP3, etc... you can also extract to .ZIP. this will package the session file with the sounds that you're using.

i dont know what i can do, but send a .zip file to Billy_Bo@hotmail.com and i'll check it out.

Sent.

Re-Lapse

gullyjewelz said:
hey - im really diggin the track though - i like that bass line (as already stated) i guess were it a "dif" bass line . . . u might be able to make the song as a whole more "commercial" but as is - this DA JAM!

Thanks for the comment, much appreciated. Do you think you can hit up any of this and throw down some shit?

I can zip it and send it, if you're in.

Thanks again.

Re-Lapse

bknot1 said:
go through my site Boss Recordings it might be something there for you..

if not give me a call this weekend and i can go through the other 100's of beats i have and working on :D

C'mon BK, don'cha wanna get on the train and try and help me out here? I got 3 people already workin' on it.. I'd like to see all of ya'll's different styles, definitely!

:) Thanks

--Re-Lapse

you would have to send it to me in .wav or mp3 format.. since i dont use software so i can upload it to my Akai DPS (.wav file is preferred) ..if you can do that send it to wbossie@gmail.com

Back