Finally found what I been looking for

Vintage Texas

Not a pretty sight, abused and rusty but still a Teac A-7300 2-track model.
Anyone else have one tucked away, Herm maybe ?:D
DSCF0011.jpg

Heads are decent, replaced both reel-motors, brake assembly and solenoids as rust has attacked all the upper section really bad.
DSCF0017.jpg

do you have the electronics? There is a 25-2 electronics package (same electronics with dbx built in) for sale in my area for $25.00. Seller doesn't have the deck.

I've got a 25-2. Very good machine.

This is the "traveling recording studio" model with seperate amp section below
What I like is the DBX function + 4 input both XLR and RCA.
Speed: 7-1/2 and 15, direct-drive...but right now there is a looong way before this project is done.
DSCF0010.jpg

Just finished replacing the motors, no transport at all except capstan motor works on both speed.
For some reason PAUSE stays on, no fforward or rewind as the solenoids doesn't release or engage.
After a closer look on the power-supply board a re-cap is probably a must.

Tested line in with the amp-section and that part works, but when DBX is engaged it pumps very strange so adjustment is needed there too.

And cabinet for the transport section is cracked and look like crapola :p
Maybe a custom cabinet for the whole thing, not sure yet, time will tell when it's up working correctly.

If I could find a spare transport section first that would be great as the transformer is a oddball and not sure how long it will last with the severe rust,
but please check with your friend if he want's to sell the amp-section.:)

Christmas came early this year, contacted a friend last night and guess what he had on the shelf ?..
Yep a non-working 7300 sitting with capstan-motor problem, but rest is OK.
And a brand spanking new transport control panel :eek:
Very soon this gem gonna spin some tape again.:)

I used to use a 7300 (the single chassis model) as my mix machine MANY years ago. I bought it when it first came out and used it with my 3340 at that time and later with my 80-8. I had Anvil cases (with casters) built for both machines and used to haul them to sessions in the back of my '72 Datsun 510 station wagon. Good stuff. I had "custom" studio stands for both that I showed previously a couple of times. ;)

That white powdery stuff on the motor makes me think of dried cat pee.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but is there anything to suggest that a cat peed on/in this tape deck?

I know I'm going to get laughed at for posting this!

More likely a coastal Texas machine stored in an unconditioned storage unit or detached garage. Humidity and mositure are the #1 enemy of these machines.

The #2 enemy is heat. I have had supposedly good machines be total junk due to storage in a combination of these two

lo.fi...no laughing matter...take it from me; a guy who's posted up detailed pics of rodent poo on PCB's.

Our cats aren't allowed in the house...they will run in, shoot something and run out...can't come in anymore, so instead in angst they poop on our roof...only on the East side tho'.

lo.fi...no laughing matter...take it from me; a guy who's posted up detailed pics of rodent poo on PCB's.

Our cats aren't allowed in the house...they will run in, shoot something and run out...can't come in anymore, so instead in angst they poop on our roof...only on the East side tho'.

Wow -- why haven't you thought of a cheap solution to this problem? A .22 round is only about 5 cents a pop if you buy them in bulk. :D

Back