So, what are you working on?

Alright, one more, then I'm done saturating this thread. Vocals and solo stuff this weekend. I plan on a hangover. :drunk:

By the way, this is one of those Yamaha kits that is all contained in two road cases. I'm quite surprised at the sound of them. The kick was like 19" or something.

18" actually. Kit HERE. Snare HERE.

Last edited:
Hey - I'm a little late to this one...

Some great recordings people are working on. A lot of them sound more or less finished to me. In between dealing with some technical issues with my Roland recorder, I am trying to work out a new song. Unlike a lot of you, I can only work on one song at a time and sometimes that takes a while if I'm short on time or ideas.

I always post "finished" stuff in the clinic, but here is a very rough clip of exactly where I'm at now (very near the beginning of the process) that might be interesting to some. Just drums, 2 nylon stringed guitar tracks and 2 vocal tracks so far. Some or all of this may be replaced - not sure yet. I tend to make these up as I go. I like some of the harmonies, but there's other stuff I did vocally that probably won't fly:

Man, I love that acoustic. So nice and warm. The drums sound cool too. Nice so far!

Ok, I'm in too.

Tracking a bunch of guys for a fun project, where one guy picks a song. They get one week to think of a way to do it, and record it on the fly. Then we re-track bass, gtr, and voc later. This is the second night, tracking bass. The silliness of the drunken first night is still evident on the scratch vocal track. Obviously the whiskey was poured.....Best time in months was had by me! :) What? lol!

Nice! Sounds like Aerosmith "Angel" at the beginning...then it gets...umm funky?

Another update from me.
New vocals recorded, intro and outro sorted.

Just a few tweaks to go I think.

awesome! i can't put my finger on what it is but i really like it a lot. when you say "babe" in the first verse it reminds me of bob dylan in "don't think twice"...ain't no use in sitting wondering way babe.

Ha, nice call Aaron.
I'm guessing that's probably cos he's copying Dylan. I know he covers that song for sure, but who knows! :p

One of my wireman buddies just called, wants to jam tomorrow. He can make a harmonica talk and sing like nobody else I've ever played with.

We guessed the last numbers on each others' dollar bills and it was a draw so it's still up in the air if we will play here or at his place.

I'm working on murdering my computer :facepalm:.

This thing just won't give me a break. One problem after another. At least I know what the problems are now, it's just not worth it to fix them at this point.
I'm going to win though. I'm getting my moneys worth.:cursing: It's going to have to stay with me until next spring. Whether it likes it or not :mad:

I'm also taking lighter fluid to my bass drum head to get that falam slam patch gunk off. I had to try it and see if I like it. And I dont.

Back