So, what are you working on?

Well DANG. Just found out I have a few shows coming up with tribute bands ...

Get the Led out and Angry Debutantes.

Will the madness ever end?

I've had offers to join or form tribute bands, I just can't bring myself to do it. Back in the 90's I did two tribute gigs: One was a show called "you aint punk" and I drummed Ramones songs in a wig with other guys from various local bands dressed as the Ramones. Lol. It was fun as shit playing songs I love, but I don't want to do it all the time. The other was a Johnny Thunders annual tribute show on the anniversary of his death. I only played a few songs on guitar for that one, but it was really cool.

I've had offers to join or form tribute bands, I just can't bring myself to do it. Back in the 90's I did two tribute gigs: One was a show called "you aint punk" and I drummed Ramones songs in a wig with other guys from various local bands dressed as the Ramones. Lol. It was fun as shit playing songs I love, but I don't want to do it all the time. The other was a Johnny Thunders annual tribute show on the anniversary of his death. I only played a few songs on guitar for that one, but it was really cool.
I don't like having to play things a certain way so the tribute thing would get super boring for me quickly.

Yes, I mostly play covers but I play them however I feel like on that particular night and will play it way different the next night if I feel like it.
I'd quickly hate gigging otherwise.

I don't like having to play things a certain way so the tribute thing would get super boring for me quickly.

Yes, I mostly play covers but I play them however I feel like on that particular night and will play it way different the next night if I feel like it.
I'd quickly hate gigging otherwise.

Yeah I can see that. I've instituted a policy in my band, which the others agree with, that we either don't play covers, play only obscure covers, or play well known covers totally in our own way. And no more than one cover per set. I'm comfortable with those options.

:D Naturally.

I'm gonna be taking lessons from Dogbreath on all of the above - Kazoos, Armfarts and other natural body functions.

I'm flattered. :D

It's amazing the natural bodily functions that can be implemented into music.
Like flatulance and kazoo's....
Armfarts with 82% real stench...
projectile vomiting and.....uh.....the chorus of others doing the same thing right after...

It's a beautiful thing man. ;)

:D

I'm flattered. :D

It's amazing the natural bodily functions that can be implemented into music.
Like flatulance and kazoo's....
Armfarts with 82% real stench...
projectile vomiting and.....uh.....the chorus of others doing the same thing right after...

It's a beautiful thing man. ;)

:D

Words of wisdom my good man, truly words of wisdom. ;)

I played/play in a 80s cover band that does stuff mostly for weddings and parties. It's pretty cool and fun, but if that were my only musical outlet, I'd sell my gear and take up wood working or some other hobby.

He doesn't so much wear his influences on his sleeve as on his vocal chords. I think he is an extremely talented guy, but when I listen to him I can't stop searching my memory banks for who he is paying homage to on any given song.....

Back