So, what are you working on?

And here's a rough reference mix of one unfinished song.

That sounds great so far. Sounds like the mix is leaning left a bit....or one of those guitars should be a little right instead of up the middle. Maybe not. Nice clear mix.

That sounds great so far. Sounds like the mix is leaning left a bit....or one of those guitars should be a little right instead of up the middle. Maybe not. Nice clear mix.

Thanks. It's just a quick mix I threw together in a hurry so there are lots of things not quite right.

As I'm not having a real "go somewhere" holiday this year (probably) and I've just finished a major project at work, I'm taking two weeks off in a week's time to just record stuff.

The other half of the band is about to have a baby, so that nixes the band for a while, so I'm just going to do some long outstanding instrumentals and songs and see where I end up...

Nothing to post. Haven't started yet.

I listened to your song in the clinic, well done.

I just received an early 90's Roland U-220 rack mount sound module, it's a Rompler I bought on ebay and came with a half a dozen sound cards.
It is being added to my sonic arsenal to replace some sounds that I got off it in the old days.
Between that and my Prophet 5 sims I should be able to produce some synth tones that don't sound
like NI dubstep generators.

Ok, I'm in too.

Tracking a bunch of guys for a fun project, where one guy picks a song. They get one week to think of a way to do it, and record it on the fly. Then we re-track bass, gtr, and voc later. This is the second night, tracking bass. The silliness of the drunken first night is still evident on the scratch vocal track. Obviously the whiskey was poured.....Best time in months was had by me! :) What? lol!

I have three tracks on the go & in various stages of undress.
One is just my guitar & bass backing, the next is the same but with Ido's lead guitar on it & the third is my backing with Greg's drumming.
Somewhat like Greg L, I've been trying to get a guitar rig sorted. I had my Marshall Superbass MkII worked on, bought a Marshall 4 x 12 (NOT because it was a marshall but because it was going for a rediculously low price), as the amp is great for guitar but bass speakers aren't that cool for guitar tone, and have been trying to find a way to get a natural cranked sound out of the map - difficult because it doesn't have a tweakable preamp or gain knob.
After much research, soul searching & question asking I've restored the attenuator to the signal path so that I can crank without peeling paint and bought a Boss SD1 because IT DOES have THAT sound (well close to it).
After I return gear to my little recording space post flood clean up I'll be able to attempt to record the new set up & get those three tracks a little closer toward completion.
Now, if I could sing, play lead and thump tubs with any sort of skill beyond kinder quality I'd be done!
On the other hand I really enjoy collaboration.

Ok, I'm in too.

Tracking a bunch of guys for a fun project, where one guy picks a song. They get one week to think of a way to do it, and record it on the fly. Then we re-track bass, gtr, and voc later. This is the second night, tracking bass. The silliness of the drunken first night is still evident on the scratch vocal track. Obviously the whiskey was poured.....Best time in months was had by me! :) What? lol!

That's hilarious. It's about a dog.

Hey - I'm a little late to this one...

Some great recordings people are working on. A lot of them sound more or less finished to me. In between dealing with some technical issues with my Roland recorder, I am trying to work out a new song. Unlike a lot of you, I can only work on one song at a time and sometimes that takes a while if I'm short on time or ideas.

I always post "finished" stuff in the clinic, but here is a very rough clip of exactly where I'm at now (very near the beginning of the process) that might be interesting to some. Just drums, 2 nylon stringed guitar tracks and 2 vocal tracks so far. Some or all of this may be replaced - not sure yet. I tend to make these up as I go. I like some of the harmonies, but there's other stuff I did vocally that probably won't fly:

Hey - I'm a little late to this one...

Some great recordings people are working on. A lot of them sound more or less finished to me. In between dealing with some technical issues with my Roland recorder, I am trying to work out a new song. Unlike a lot of you, I can only work on one song at a time and sometimes that takes a while if I'm short on time or ideas.

I always post "finished" stuff in the clinic, but here is a very rough clip of exactly where I'm at now (very near the beginning of the process) that might be interesting to some. Just drums, 2 nylon stringed guitar tracks and 2 vocal tracks so far. Some or all of this may be replaced - not sure yet. I tend to make these up as I go. I like some of the harmonies, but there's other stuff I did vocally that probably won't fly:

I love it!

Another update from me.
New vocals recorded, intro and outro sorted.

Just a few tweaks to go I think.

Last edited:
This is a rough mixdown just after recording the raw vocal track to a song I've been doing with a friend. My first time being up front on vocals, and some usual bass playing, that I do on a good number of projects with him. Everything else is his doing. But i figured it'd be cool to share. He's mixing it all together now and got some other songs ready for recording already.

Here is another from the fun 'Squirrels Of Mass Destruction' project. Man this is fun!

Bass, drums, and rhythm guitars tracked. Vocals and solo are scratch. Really bad scratch. lol

In the last week all I have recorded is a few solitary string tracks for a new song. All the rest of the 'spare' time for practicing Beatles songs - 2nd practice with them tonight.

This is a rough mixdown just after recording the raw vocal track to a song I've been doing with a friend. My first time being up front on vocals, and some usual bass playing, that I do on a good number of projects with him. Everything else is his doing. But i figured it'd be cool to share. He's mixing it all together now and got some other songs ready for recording already.

Friggen awesomely brutal!!! :D

Where is the headbanging emoticon??? :wtf:

:guitar::guitar:

Friggen awesomely brutal!!! :D

Where is the headbanging emoticon??? :wtf:

:guitar::guitar:

Haha cheers Jimmy. Hopefully be even better when finished with mixing. I'm sure he'll do wonders on those vocals of mine. =P Really quite happy with my bass on the track though. Sometimes just playing about with riffs lets you come up with some great ideas you wouldn't have otherwise found.

EDIT: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jimmys69 again"
Damn. XD

Haha cheers Jimmy. Hopefully be even better when finished with mixing. I'm sure he'll do wonders on those vocals of mine. =P Really quite happy with my bass on the track though. Sometimes just playing about with riffs lets you come up with some great ideas you wouldn't have otherwise found.

EDIT: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jimmys69 again"
Damn. XD

Loving the bass man. Once again, brutal! :D

Back