So, what are you working on?

NICE! I have the older model VC3 - It's a nice.

I only have the enhancer button ... you'll have a 3 channel EQ!

I entered DJ Tech Tools video contest.
I'm but a young man with dreams of winning 2 Midi Fighter 3Ds hindered by poor video quality :(

Last edited:
I'm working on a song with my friend which is in the MP3 Clinic now. Devised a lead to run through it last night (recorded a scratch track) but I think I will revisit it as it could be simpler...I like to make it simple enough to play live if need be...

Just started recording up my songs so will be a regular seen around here soon :).

Last edited:
I'm playing with new stuff. Just got an AT4050, UA LA-610 pre-amp, and JBL 4328 monitors. much tweaking and re-mixing. Oh happy day! vocal recording starts tomorrow.

Haven't started yet but apparently I'll be recording and mixing two Christmas songs for Pete Gardiner (sig).
Never done a Christmas song before.
Apparently one of them is just a standard song, in the sense that you could release it any time.
The other is to be balls-out novelty Christmas stylie.

Looking forward to that!
I think the MU50 will get some use. ;)

Working on:

1) a live mix of a band from Ottawa, Ontario
2) three studio mixes of my band.
3) trying to "master" the last mix of one of my band's songs.

I try to get work done on two of the three every day, changing tasks after breaks so that I'm listening to different things, sounds, bands.

Today I finished recording all the rhythm guitar parts for a song, and the other day I finished the piano parts for a different song. The guitar song I know exactly what I'm going to do, where as the piano song, there's some bits I made up a second before recording and it could go anywhere at the moment, could turn out soft, could turn out heavy.
That's it for the moment. I'd hope to be near completion of one of them within 3 months

After just finishing up the Koboloris EP, I've been trying to put effort into a new project of my own. Seems like I have lots of good ideas flowing, but damn, am I finding it difficult to put together a full song! Not really sure what is up with that. But I hope it buggers off soon. =P

As soon as some free time opens up, i'm working on some really cool experimental rock kinda stuff (not too weird...kinda like Wilco). I've got tons of song ideas and some techniques I'm dying to try.

I have one song that has a kinda noisy mid section. I have a sloppy solo I want to reamp through some effects, and then record with an sm57 swinging over my head, and do that twice and pan the two tracks hard right and left. oh and some crazy delay too. I've done some tests and it sounded cool and weird. I'm normally not too experimental, but I've been really getting into avant gard jazz stuff and wanting to incorporate some of that into more traditional rock based music.

but it may be a while before i have enought time to record anything.

I'm normally not too experimental, but I've been really getting into avant garde jazz stuff and wanting to incorporate some of that into more traditional rock based music.
Which sort of avant garde jazz stuff have you been getting into ? Back in the 60s, free jazz played a huge role in the evolution of psychedelia, punk and progressive rock encompassing bands as diverse as the MC5, King Crimson, Traffic, the Beatles, the Stooges, Cream and the Byrds.

Well I really got into free jazz/improv jazz through Wilco and Nels Cline. I love Nels Cline and have really been listening a lot to him, John Zorn, Ornette Coleman. I've always liked old jazz and band stuff, and LOVED Larry Carlton and Lee Ritenour, but this weird stuff is cool too.

Playing drums with my brothers band for now. Mowing out the parts.

I'm finding that the click track is going to need to be programmed a little different. I depend on that fucker. haha

Still working on this bloody album - it's going to be a double CD in length.

Several songs are completed instrumentally but need lyrics/vocals.

I'm also getting sidetracked with an orchestral project and using in anger for the first time, EWQLSO Platinum Plus

Back