So, what are you working on?

Rami, you had it right the first time. ;)

Need to make some velcro straps to hold it in place across the back, but the clamp part works GREAT! Really puts the critical area in a nice tight bind! I was also thinking about putting a series of either through-holes or maybe just countersinking some "divits" into the inner surfaces for a little more traction and bite but I don't want to do anything that is going to cause flesh wounds. Another idea is to put a couple pieces of velcro "hook and loop" on the inner surfaces. The oak is a bit slippery by itself so some traction would be nice. And something with tactile effect wouldn't *hurt* either. Okay, it might hurt a bit!:D

The "prototype" was really crude, just a couple pieces of scrap 1"x2" pine stock I had laying around with holes drilled on the ends and 4-inch carriage bolts to tighten. The new one is a 22" radius curve on the inside surface, made from 1/2" oak stock and sanded over on all the edges for a nice comfy fit. The thinner stock allowed me to switch over to 3" carriage bolts. Tried it out Thursday night and it was a super hit! :D

ok i'm either lost of this thread, that was doing pretty well, just took a turn toward the cave.

Ok, back on topic...this semester is almost over which means I'll have some time to start recording after next week. I've got a longer jam kinda song with a couple nice guitar solos I'm going to finish, and another americana kind of song with a some story lyrics...a couple of new things for me.

Plus I just got some new monitors yesterday so I've got to get an amp of some kind, learn the new sound, and build some more cables.

So my next few weeks are gonna be packed, but I should get a lot done.

The topic is what are you working on.

That's the latest thing I've been working on. Self-designed and all hand-work.

The scope of my artistry transcends mere recording. I can't help that. :p

If I make some recordings of it in use would that make you happier? :laughings:

The topic is what are you working on.

That's the latest thing I've been working on. Self-designed and all hand-work.

The scope of my artistry transcends mere recording. I can't help that. :p

If I make some recordings of it in use would that make you happier? :laughings:

haha, true, i guess that is the topic.

no that would not make me happy, why would i wanna see some squished boobs?

Lugging equipment

Hi Guys

I think I'm just envious of you guys.
I do think lugging stuff around for ten minutes is a pain.
Finding compatriots is always a problem when you get a bit older.
Which is why I set up my home recording stuff.
Now I don't have to lug anything unless I am playing a gig.
ciao
BronwynH :guitar:

A week since the last update to this thread? Awwww, I'll change that! Just got done on finishing up bass on the 2nd track of the new project. Added some extra gritty vocals to the first song too, with this song yet to gain any. But hey, let me know what you think of the raw bass recording for the new song. =]

I haven't been up to anything at all lately.

Practice Flamenco like always. Listened to kcearl's album. Finished my college assignments. Now just loafing around watching the Olympics.

Back