Group buy preamp poll...

Which preamp?

• Rackmount #1(3-band EQ, HP/LP filter, VU meter, no DI)

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Rackmount #2(4-band EQ, HP/LP filter, no VU, no DI)

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Rackmount #3(2-band EQ, HP filter, with DI in and VU meter)

Votes: 46 56.1%
  • Standalone - 2-ch., HP filter, VU on each channel?, no DI?

Votes: 22 26.8%

• Total voters
how long will the payment period be (i.e. how long will we have to pay once the group buy is opened)?

Thats an excellent question. On the last GB, It didn't seem long enough, because after it closed, I got tons of PM's and E-mails of folks want to participitate. Maybe we'll just play it be ear,

I would think you need to set a date. Regardless of what it is... you will always get people after the cutoff. I just missed one for gear I really would've liked, but I don't check that board regularly... so my fault.

Besides, this way if people pick up an extra or two, or decide they didn't like them, there's a market primed and ready for them. :D

Besides, this way if people pick up an extra or two, or decide they didn't like them, there's a market primed and ready for them. :D[/QUOTE]

You are right about that. I missed out on the last Great Buy, but picked up a ribbon mic from someone that ordered extras.

i agree, bad planning and procrastination on someone else's part should not keep chance from moving along with this group buy in a timely fashion. it sounds like he's just as excited to get these as we are. there will always be stragglers. to be honest, there's been a pretty consistent flow of new people wondering how they can order the mics from the last gb. i say set a time frame. make it known [perhaps an announcement at the top of the microphone forum]. stick to it. thats my two cents, take it or leave it. :)

On another board and some PM's here, some have expressed leaving the VU meter out. Well, it's too late in the game to make those kind of changes. I already signed off and approved the prototype. Trying to explain things can be a NIGHTMARE. Things that seem simple to us can be so misinterpreted in China. The only change I can make is the face colour. The prototypes I got (to use) were anodised blue. They so reminded me of my old MXR gear, that I PS'd them to black/bronze brushed stainless. I like the idea of a signature colour like JM has their green, some TC and Behringer have their silver etc. It was suggested to try hi-gloss white. I do have some White (brand) EQ's, but would enjoy a signature colour too. I wish my photochops were better to try different cosmetic changes. Any takers? (just something to do while we wait for the rest of the specs)

yeah maybe if they're pink, our significant others wont mind us spending the money so much... :p

"honey, i bought this for you! i'm just gonna keep it in my rack since you dont have a rack."

Orange. No one has done that yet.

You could name the compressor Orange Crush & the preamp Orange Juice.

"honey, i bought this for you! i'm just gonna keep it in my rack since you dont have a rack."

heh, famous last words :D or maybe followed by "no-no-no! I didn't mean that - it's just that my rack can provide the same power supply as double D batteries, and you don't have double Ds" [cut to black]

Orange is good, as long as there are no trademark issues with the Orange amps folks. Raw Umber Crush - nice :)

Back