Zzounds Shipped Gemini With Broken Capsule!?

GOODLAND

This is a continuation of my last thread (Zzounds Sucks A**)
This title is a little less offensive and more informative.
Basically, Zzounds shipped one of their S.E. Gemini "Factory Re-Sealed" mics with a Snapped off capsule. They offered to replace it but at full price. At least their offering free shipping.
Just wish they would check these things before they ship them, especially $900+ items.

So they sold you a piece of defective gear, and now they want more money to sell you one that works? If their price weren't so much lower than everyone else, I'd say tell them to shove it up their asses. I think I still would say to tell them to shove it, then call Same Day Music (the next lowest price, $100 more than ZZounds) and tell them about the ZZounds price and ask them to match it.

Reactions: apl
He bought a factory reseal, there's no way zzsounds is going to open and inspect every item before they ship it. Nobody does that but MAYBE the smaller guys. They're probably saying they don't have anymore of the reseal so he's going to have to settle for a brand new one at a slightly higher price. It's pretty ridiculous to expect a company to inspect everything before deliver and the backlash against zzsounds on this very small issue is unfounded and just plain dumb. Shit happens. Get over it.

dalley said:
Sorry about your misfortune but why are you trying to be less offensive to a company that wants to charge you full price to repair damaged goods?

Why aren't you using your brain and thinking about the situation for a second? They aren't going to repair anything, they probably had limited resealed stock and it's gone so he's going to have to buy a new one. The reseals aren't usually that much cheaper anyway. He should be less offensive because it's very possible that zzsounds didn't have anything to do with the mic being broken, if anyone's going to be pissed at anyone it should be se electronics for repackaging a fucked up mic. Not to mention the mic is probably under warranty and if he really wanted to save money he probably could've got in contact with se electronics and had the mic repaired under warranty. Don't get me wrong I'm all about sticking it to a company that screws people over but that didn't happen here.

jonnyc said:
He should be less offensive because it's very possible that zzsounds didn't have anything to do with the mic being brokenQUOTE]

Hmmm; did Zzounds sell the microphone?
did they advertise it as broken?
oh they sold a defective mic but it's ok because they didn't open the packaging; aha! it just dawned on me:
is jonnyc a zzounds rep?

It's pretty simple.

Tell them you want your money refunded and that you will be buying the mic somewhere else. I'd bet they'll change their tune after that.

So a retailer needs to open every package before they ship it???

Yeah, right.... like thats ever gonna happen....

true

PhilGood said:
It's pretty simple.

Tell them you want your money refunded and that you will be buying the mic somewhere else. I'd bet they'll change their tune after that.

It takes some negotiating skills to deal with these situations but you gotta be willing to take a refund and walk away if they won't work with you. If you have a history of purchasing from Zzounds, remind them of it. Ask them to check it out. If you've been a good customer, they aren't going to ignore that. If not, you've got nothing to lose by telling them what you want and letting them decide whether they are willing to go along with it. The worst that can happen is you get your money back and go somewhere else and ask them to match Zzounds price.

TimOBrien said:

Considering that this is an "open box" and that their policy is not to accept any returns on microphones unless they are broken, you bet your ASS they are LEGALLY OBLIGATED to open it and find out if it is really broken before re-shipping a returned microphone to someone else. Anything less would constitute criminal negligence.

PhilGood said:
It's pretty simple.

I agree. Don't get snotty, just tell them you bought this one because it was such a good deal, and you're going to keep looking for a similar deal.

dgatwood said:
Considering that this is an "open box" and that their policy is not to accept any returns on microphones unless they are broken, you bet your ASS they are LEGALLY OBLIGATED to open it and find out if it is really broken before re-shipping a returned microphone to someone else. Anything less would constitute criminal negligence.

What? I think you're confused, this is an SE factory resealed, not a returned to store and resold mic. Why are you people so confused about this.

amarach said:
jonnyc said:
He should be less offensive because it's very possible that zzsounds didn't have anything to do with the mic being brokenQUOTE]

oh they sold a defective mic but it's ok because they didn't open the packaging; aha! it just dawned on me:
is jonnyc a zzounds rep?

Pull your head out of your ass and learn to spell, not only am I not a rep of any kind, accept for Remax Advantage in St. Louis MO, but I've never ordered anything from zzsounds. My whole problem with these threads is the mob mentality against zzsounds when it's very possible it's SE mics fault that this mic is fucked up. Fucking goon.

dgatwood said:

"Zzounds shipped one of their S.E. Gemini "Factory Re-Sealed" mics"...

So they should open and check products that are sent to them from the manufacturer sealed?

amarach said:
jonnyc said:

is jonnyc a zzounds rep?

Sorry, dude. You're on the wrong side of this one. If it was 'factory' resealed, they have no reason to open it. Now, who knows where along the way it got broken, but unless Zzounds packed it negligently, it's not their fault.

And just because jonnyc's pointing that out to you, newbie, doesn't mean he's a rep for them, just someone who understands how things work and was explaining it. Now, if you don't want those with more experience in a given area explaining things to those with less experience, then what's the point of this whole board?

Lurk, listen, and learn.

PhilGood said:
It's pretty simple.

And don't forget to let them know where your future business will be going.
The decent thing for ZzZZZounds to do would be to let you have a new mic at a substantial discount. (Their cost would be the right thing I think.) By doing this they could salvage this mess, and make a friend. That's what I'd do.

Also, I'll bet ZZZzzounds isn't eating this. They'll be getting their refund from SE.

TimOBrien said:

No, but they should at lest open the "re-sealed" box when it comes back from the customer to ensure it is not broken physically like my mic was. It was the first thing I noticed when I opened the mic box.

jonnyc said:
What? I think you're confused, this is an SE factory resealed, not a returned to store and resold mic. Why are you people so confused about this.
Actually, I ask them, it was a return from their own shop.

Back