Zzounds Shipped Gemini With Broken Capsule!?

jonnyc said:
Told you what? Was there a store or something you went to?
By "in person" I meant Over the phone in person. I talked to one of the sales people and they told me it was a return from one of their customers. This was after the mic arrived.

well look at it this way, if you shipped an item and the shipper opened it and when it got to your customer, and the customer calls you and says this item was damaged. and although you knew that it was in perfect condition when you shipped it....you'd be pissed that the shipper opened it cause now you cant prove when it got damaged....you have to remember whether the product is new or factoy resealed zzsounds is a shipper, not a manufacture. they cannot open products before they ship it just to check if it's in working order. if that were the case lets keep going down the chain, let ups or fed ex open it to see if it is in working order. that box will be opened by so many peeps you wont ever know who fucked it up. i think your expectation are way too high to blame zzsound. on a product you knew had a problem from the get go. you bought it because it was cheaper and you were willing to take a chance on it. always rememeber if you didnt buy it new....you bought someone elses problem....point blank.

scorpio01169 said:
well look at it this way, if you shipped an item and the shipper opened it and when it got to your customer, and the customer calls you and says this item was damaged. and although you knew that it was in perfect condition when you shipped it....you'd be pissed that the shipper opened it cause now you cant prove when it got damaged....you have to remember whether the product is new or factoy resealed zzsounds is a shipper, not a manufacture. they cannot open products before they ship it just to check if it's in working order. if that were the case lets keep going down the chain, let ups or fed ex open it to see if it is in working order. that box will be opened by so many peeps you wont ever know who fucked it up. i think your expectation are way too high to blame zzsound. on a product you knew had a problem from the get go. you bought it because it was cheaper and you were willing to take a chance on it. always rememeber if you didnt buy it new....you bought someone elses problem....point blank.

Well, all I'm saying is that Zzounds shipped me a mic with a snapped capsule and it could have saved everyone time and money if they had simply did a breif check to see if the mic was at least in one peice since I am paying about $800+ on the product. Here is Zzounds desciption of "Factory Re-Sealed"

"This is a customer return. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty (unless stated otherwise). However, it is not in absolutely perfect unused condition like our new inventory. This inventory is a great value."

GOODLAND said:
Well, all I'm saying is that Zzounds shipped me a mic with a snapped capsule and it could have saved everyone time and money if they had simply did a breif check to see if the mic was at least in one peice since I am paying about $800+ on the product. Here is Zzounds desciption of "Factory Re-Sealed"

"This is a customer return. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty (unless stated otherwise). However, it is not in absolutely perfect unused condition like our new inventory. This inventory is a great value."

Which means if you can spare some time and don't want to pay full price then send the fucking mic back to the factory under warranty and have them fix it. Not really worth bitching this much about and certainly doesn't warrant 2 threads. Shit happens, get over it or you'll just get disappointed even more as life goes on.

jonnyc said:
Which means if you can spare some time and don't want to pay full price then send the fucking mic back to the factory under warranty and have them fix it. Not really worth bitching this much about and certainly doesn't warrant 2 threads. Shit happens, get over it or you'll just get disappointed even more as life goes on.

I only started this thread to simply warn you that factory re-sealed is not always the way to go even if it is cheaper. Sorry for trying to help you guys out. just wanted to let you know, not trying to bitch or cry about it. That's why I started this thread, because it was less harsh and more informative than the last one, and not becasue I wanted more attention. Were all on the same side here.

jonnyc said:

Boy, you sure get a hard on for telling someone how to react when they didn't get what they thought they paid for. Personally the idea of "Buy this! ...It might be screwed up, but if it is just send it back to the factory" doesn't fly with me. You're getting a discount because the package was previously opened - nothing more! If they sold you a defective product, then they need to make it right and work out the details with the manufacturer. They should never have the option of saying, "Well ...you bought it. It's your problem now!".

Must be nice for you to be able to walk between the rain drops.

PhilGood said:
Boy, you sure get a hard on for telling someone how to react when they didn't get what they thought they paid for. Personally the idea of "Buy this! ...It might be screwed up, but if it is just send it back to the factory" doesn't fly with me. You're getting a discount because the package was previously opened - nothing more! If they sold you a defective product, then they need to make it right and work out the details with the manufacturer. They should never have the option of saying, "Well ...you bought it. It's your problem now!".

Must be nice for you to be able to walk between the rain drops.

Yeah, it's nice. My problem here is the OP seemed to kind of leave out some important facts up until a certain point. Seems kinda fishy to me. He stated for the longest time that it was a factory reseal which to me and most other people would mean that the mic factory recieved the mic back at some point, fixed any problems and sent it back to the retailer for them to sell. At that point it isn't the retailers job to make sure the mic manufacturer did it's job. Now after the initial shit storm the story's changed to, it's a customer return. My entire argument is if it's factory resealed(fairly self explanitory and even if it's not it's still under warranty)then it's the mic manufacturers problem. The store already offered to take it back so I don't see how they're not making good on it, if he really wanted THAT mic at THAT price then send the motherfucker back to the factory, under warranty, and get it fixed for free. You want me to hold your fucking hand now and make you feel better because you don't have 100% of your transactions go 100% your way your whole life? Give me a fucking break, it's like a convention of fucking selective readers around here.

jonnyc said:
Yeah, it's nice. My problem here is the OP seemed to kind of leave out some important facts up until a certain point. Seems kinda fishy to me. He stated for the longest time that it was a factory reseal which to me and most other people would mean that the mic factory recieved the mic back at some point, fixed any problems and sent it back to the retailer for them to sell. At that point it isn't the retailers job to make sure the mic manufacturer did it's job. Now after the initial shit storm the story's changed to, it's a customer return. My entire argument is if it's factory resealed(fairly self explanitory and even if it's not it's still under warranty)then it's the mic manufacturers problem. The store already offered to take it back so I don't see how they're not making good on it, if he really wanted THAT mic at THAT price then send the motherfucker back to the factory, under warranty, and get it fixed for free. You want me to hold your fucking hand now and make you feel better because you don't have 100% of your transactions go 100% your way your whole life? Give me a fucking break, it's like a convention of fucking selective readers around here.

Yeah, but you just come across as a prick! But I guess you're one of those people who have no problem with being looked at as an asshole. You probably get some weird thrill out of it. It may even be how you want to be viewed. You're obviously pretty self-important.

You're like chessrock lite.

PhilGood said:
Yeah, but you just come across as a prick! But I guess you're one of those people who have no problem with being looked at as an asshole. You probably get some weird thrill out of it. It may even be how you want to be viewed. You're obviously pretty self-important.

You're like chessrock lite.

Cool, glad you feel that way.

Yeah. When I was your age, I was also pretty concerned about people knowing how big my cock is. Now I don't care.

You'll get there some day.

jonnyc said:
Pull your head out of your ass and learn to spell, not only am I not a rep of any kind, accept for Remax Advantage in St. Louis MO, but I've never ordered anything from zzsounds. My whole problem with these threads is the mob mentality against zzsounds when it's very possible it's SE mics fault that this mic is fucked up. Fucking goon.

what's wrong with my spelling? :o
Isn't it amazing that people assume they are making a valid point if they curse while making it?

amarach said:
what's wrong with my spelling? :o
Isn't it amazing that people assume they are making a valid point if they curse while making it?

Not as amazing as a noob talking out of his ass, and making assumptions that are completely incorrect.

i understand that you were trying to warn us about a bad business deal that you may or may not have had, but what gets peeps on a uproar is when you come on screaming foul before there was a foul..you never gave the guys a zzsound a chance to correct the situation, and the solution that they did give you was not good enough because you want them to replace a FR mic that you got at a discount price for a brand new mic at the same price. and although that would be nice it's not practical, what they should have done is sold you the FR at the price of new....and when it came broken like you KNEW it could, have you return it for a new one at the same price. but when your situation get resolved post some of your recording with that mic i am wondering how that mic sounds compared to a U87.

Last edited:
scorpio01169 said:
i understand that you were trying to warn us about a bad business deal that you may or may not have had, but what gets peeps on a uproar is when you come on screaming foul before there was a foul..you never gave the guys a zzsound a chance to correct the situation, and the solution that they did give you was not good enough because you want them to replace a FR mic that you got at a discount price for a brand new mic at the same price. and although that would be nice it's not practical, what they should have done is sold you the FR at the price of new....and when it came broken like you KNEW it could, have you return it for a new one at the same price. but when your situation get resolved post some of your recording with that mic i am wondering how that mic sounds compared to a U87.

I understand what your saying and I agree. It was totally not fair of me to rag on Zzounds like I did, that's why I started this new thread. Zzounds ended up shipping me a new mic but at the full price which I expected.
The Gemini sounds very smooth and clear, I like it more for vocals than the U87. It Sits in the mix better.

Back