Zzounds sucks ASS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOODLAND

Beware of Zzounds "Re-sealed" Items

Dude, I just purchased a "factory re-sealed" S.E. Electronics Gemini mic from Zzounds. It arrived today, the worst packing job I have ever seen. So I opened up the box, not worried about the condition of the mic because it is in that massive flight case. Anyway, the capsule inside the Gemini was broken off, in was just clanking around inside the metal grid. WTF!!!!!!
Zzounds must have sent it out to me like this because there is no way that mic could get that fucked up in shipping, especially in that huge flight case.
:mad:

Last edited:
GOODLAND said:
Dude, I just purchased a "factory re-sealed" S.E. Electronics Gemini mic from Zzounds. It arrived today, the worst packing job I have ever seen. So I opened up the box, not worried about the condition of the mic because it is in that massive flight case. Anyway, the capsule inside the Gemini was broken off, in was just clanking around inside the metal grid. WTF!!!!!!
Zzounds must have sent it out to me like this because there is no way that mic could get that fucked up in shipping, especially in that huge flight case.
I'm never buying from the again, they suck big time. :mad:

First, you bought a re-sealed, you always have to consider they it may be way fucked up when you get it, or at least it has a higher percentage of being fucked. Second, remember, it was resealed(at least we assume)at the factory or at least by the company, they should probably be considered for some of the blame here. You also have to consider that zzsounds probably didn't open the FACTORY re-seal to make sure everything's kosher, they don't do that with other stuff sealed at the factory, at least not 100% of the inventory. Third, shit happens and, eventually, anyone who buys shit they aren't actually leaving a store with will experience a fucked up order that they have to waste a week to straighten out. So relax man, send it back, let them send you another and chances are you'll be just fine. You don't need to freak out about shit like this, see #3 again.

I bought B-stock (same thing as far as I know) from fullcompass and the mic (sE1a) arrived in perfect condition. Only thing that was below par was the box, which had the artwork half ripped off, but otherwise the mic was in perfect condition. I think they have a B-stock gemini still so you might wanna try them.

Just my 2¢

Ouch. What's Zzounds policy for re-sealed sales?

By the way, I've seen delicate electronics in tank-like flight cases get damaged when shipped.

Haha, I worked at UPS......I've seen what goes on. Personally, I'd NEVER ship anything important/valuable through them.

yeah- the guys packing and unpacking boxes off and back on trucks all day long are tired and cold, and you better believe that they are throwing every box, every chance they get. fragile doesnt mean much..

i've had a friend buy a guitar from MF and it arrived with a broken neck.

zzsounds is ok, they are the same deal as MF and SameDayMusic.

sweetwater is awesome.. first, you get your own representative, that always helps you, so you are always on the same page and its never like, oh well, someone else must have said that etc.

second, i was going to place an order and they called me up on my cell phone to see if i wanted a demo unit for $50 less. that right there is cool. great customer service.

all the others are just whatever..

Perhaps you can withhold judgment until you give them the opportunity to make it right.

We all appreciate a second chance, right?

It could be UPS and not Zzounds that is at fault. Have you tried contacting Zzounds to rectify the situation? I've had luck with this company in the past.

As apl said, save judgment until they can make it right for you. Stuff like this can happen and it's not 100% who's at fault (well, in your mind it is).

Contact zzounds.
They may have you send it back for reimbursement or replacement if they have another re-sealed Gemini.
Was there any damage to the box that would indicate damage by the shipper?
If so, take photos for a possible damage claim.
I can understand your frustration especially based on the excitement of getting a new microphone and now having to wait for resolve.
I have had the same problems myself. :mad:

in all fairness

jaykeMURD said:
Haha, I worked at UPS......I've seen what goes on. Personally, I'd NEVER ship anything important/valuable through them.

I've received over a hundred deliveries through UPS without a hitch. There have been a few packages (maybe 2 or 3) that were damaged. On the other hand, FED EX has also delievered about 2 or 3 damaged boxes but I've received a much much smaller number through them. So proportionally Fed Ex has a worse record (in my case) than UPS. No doubt there are others who have had just the opposite experience. I'm sure all these companies have package handlers who think its cool to trash the boxes marked "fragile" or "handle with care". The USPS completely lost one box I shipped. It was never found! Now that was bad!

One thing I've found out is that most of these mail order companies have good customer service departments and fair return policies on damaged gear. It is a hassle to have to return stuff and wait for a replacement but if they are willing to replace it and you aren't out anything, they've been fair with you.

Good luck.

Throwing a public hissy fit before you have given the company to respond to the problem is a major poor move. Call customer service, explain the problem and see what happens. Everything I have gotten from Zzounds has arrived in perfect condition, usually the next day (it helps to live just 2 states away - I get overnight shipping for free ground rates).

Ive never had a problem with damaged goods before through UPS, FedEx, or the USPS. I have had numerous problems with the actual delivery process... signed the slip and left it on the door, package not left, etc etc.

I guess that's just part of the pain of having things delivered though :)

UPS & The UPS Store Suck.

Well as far as Zsounds and SE goes; one of these companies should do something about the damaged microphone to restore your faith in their product or service. If Zsounds doesn't help you get this straightened out with SE then I would not want to use that company either. Customer service does matter!

Now as far as UPS goes … they suck!! I just shipped myself a Yamaha RM800 Mixing Board in a flight case from a UPS Store in NJ (while I was in town last month) to FL where I live. UPS opened the case during their "nightly throw around the large boxes" and some how opened and stepped on the mixing board & broke 2 control POTs and a bunch of knobs. The claim was denied by UPS twice!

BTW, UPS would not talk with me about the claim only "the shipper" who was the UPS Store - not me. This is because the UPS store sent the item not UPS???? :confused:

Also the UPS Store didn't pack my item (but charged me for shipping and handling). The UPS Store took no responsibility for the packing the item and said you did not pack the item correctly (I.e., according to UPS's shipping standards which are 114 pages long). Even though The UPS Store owner said it was packed okay when I opened the flight case for them see the item. He said to me, "they (UPS) may steal your item, but it is packed good." He could have said this is not packed good, but no.

Moral of the story ... Don't ship with UPS they suck big time. Also, don't ship with the UPS Store because they don't care either. Remember you have no recourse with UPS unless you pay big bucks for The UPS Store to pack it. And even then, who knows if you would see your the money because you are not buying insurance; you are paying extra for "declared value." "Declared value" means UPS won't pay what you declared if the item is not worth (i.e., in their opinion) the value you placed on the item. So you have to prove the value by getting repair estimates and value estimates from a reputable source and prove it is worth what you paid extra money for because you thought it was insurance. You were wrong again.

Like the "UPS worker on the forum said before" - don't ship something fragile or of value with UPS!!!! UPS sucks and so does the UPS Store IMHO. :mad:

I hope you get another microphone or your money back. If not, dispute the payment with your credit card company that is your only recourse.

ch2os7 said:
I've received over a hundred deliveries through UPS without a hitch. There have been a few packages (maybe 2 or 3) that were damaged. On the other hand, FED EX has also delievered about 2 or 3 damaged boxes but I've received a much much smaller number through them. So proportionally Fed Ex has a worse record (in my case) than UPS. No doubt there are others who have had just the opposite experience. I'm sure all these companies have package handlers who think its cool to trash the boxes marked "fragile" or "handle with care". The USPS completely lost one box I shipped. It was never found! Now that was bad!

In my experience, they both mishandle packages about equally, and my estimate is that one out of every 5-10 boxes arrives pretty dented up---mostly with soft corners/creases from having other, heavier boxes placed atop them.

That said, in my experience, UPS holds the record for the worst damage to the actual contents of a well-packaged product. I got a cello by UPS once. They had literally sent a spike of some sort through two layers of box (six inches apart) and ripped a chunk out of the front of the instrument. I sent the cello back and let the shipper deal with UPS. Amazing.

I think zzounds packages stuff really badly compared to MF. That's about the only difference. But a big one. I've had two microphones arrive on different occasions with almost no packaging between the shipping box and the mic box, just rumbling around in there. They hardly even put tape on the shipping box.

Anyway, they were really good about letting me return a broken mic for a full refund though. Paid for shipping back too. But it's not worth the hassle to order from them in the future, if you're just going to have to send it back 3 times before you get a good one.

yeah they are all just as bad, i agree.

i've had UPS lose a $1000 computer too.

i like fedex just because they come at 11 AM and UPS doesnt come until atleast 4 or 5 PM, which sucks when you are waiting for new gear :) otherwise get yer pony and deliver it yourself.

GOODLAND:

I use Zzounds quite a bit and only had one problem---an Atomic Amp AR112-18 failed after the first night of use. It was a complete battle to see who was going to give me better service---Tom King of Atomic Amps (who offered to drive one down from Connecticut) or Zzounds (who immediately shipped me another, emailed me a prepaid return shipping label, and gave me 30 days to get the defective amp picked up). I've stuck with both companies and am happy about that.

I have requested return leeway on mics I've ordered from Zzounds. I learned that the "no return" disclaimer does not apply to factory defects, which they will make good on. I also requested and got return leeway on condenser mics that I ordered for overheads and instrument recording.

I'd give 'em a chance to make good on the damage.

Paj
8^)

I bought some B-stock pa speakers through zzounds, and they came with some problems. They shipped them back for free and replaced them. I'm not sure what their policy is on mics, but those guys have always been nice in the past, and they've always given me good deals when I was buying a number of items.

damn, i never had a prollum with ups or or fedex but my homie does work for fedex n i was like, yall juss be throwin tha boxes around huh, n he was like "we dont give a fuck about the boxes" damn, it later became a classic quote all of tha homies still use when refering to somthing we do not give a fuck about...

Sorry

Sorry guys, I guess this was more of an impulse post. I should have waited to cool off before I posted. I was mostly pissed because I was really looking forward to using this mic this 4 day weekend. Sorry to Zzounds for the bad review, but I would appreciate it if you would at least view the contents of the re-sealed products to avoid such issues. Zzounds agreed to send me a new one, but at full price, because they don't have anymore "re-sealed" ones.
Again, I appologize for my impulse post. I would appreciate it if whoever gave me a negative rep point to "reimburse" me with a positive one. THanks.

Reactions: apl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back