Zoom 1044 questions

Secret Clubhous

So I broke down & got this little box used for cheap, cuz I was fed up w/my computer...it's pretty fun & easy to use, but I have a few questions so far. Any zoomers out there who could help here? At this point it's hard to tell if the problem is the machine or my inexperience with it.

1. When I play back different v-takes that originally had 2 tracks, it seems to put both tracks onto one track. What gives here? Is there something I need to select to remedy this? Can tracks be sorted out & put back into the right place after recording?

2. When recording 2 inputs to 2 separate tracks the manual says the pan function acts as a balance knob. But if I pan track 1 hard left, it wants to pan track 2 hard left also. Or should I just wait & set the pan in the mix?

Question # 1 regarding virtual tracks is almost certainly answered in the manual. These differ so much from manufacturer to manufacturer that it would be a Zoom - or possibly even a Zoom 1044 - specific process.

Question # 2 regarding pan and balance - those terms do not mean the same thing. Pan is location in the left and right axis and balance is the relative levels of two or more sources. Leave the two tracks to be panned and balanced in mixdown.

Back