you guys like this?

yeah,

i love that whole "no-state income tax" angle. low property tax is good too.

around here, a tiny townhouse in a crappy suburb cost like $325,000.

I noticed that in Knoxville you can get a restored 150 year old home in the historic district with a big yard and 3950 square feet for $185,000.. that pretty much sold me. Add to that that this particualr place is within walking distance to the state university and it makes wonder why I havent moved already!

-alex

alexspetty said:
yeah,

i love that whole "no-state income tax" angle. low property tax is good too.

around here, a tiny townhouse in a crappy suburb cost like $325,000.

I noticed that in Knoxville you can get a restored 150 year old home in the historic district with a big yard and 3950 square feet for $185,000.. that pretty much sold me. Add to that that this particualr place is within walking distance to the state university and it makes wonder why I havent moved already!

-alex

Yeah, Knoxville may be even cheaper than the Nashville area. Our house is around 2450 sq ft and would probably sell for somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000, maybe a tad more. But, like I said there are cheape areas. In Antioch the house we rented was about 2000 sq ft and probably would have gone for $125,000 (although after living there for a year I wouldn't have paid that much. I knew everything that was wrong with it :D)

Back