wtf is wrong with people

kidkage

Bored of Canada
this guy came in at work today.
his cat was missing for a few days and showed up.
long story short.
His cat was shot (in the testicles, and the head multiple times with a bb gun (had its tongue split in half and all its teeth knocked out)) and left to be attacked by a dog.
Now the cat survived and $600 in vet bills later is alive and getting well.

But what the fuck?
Seriously.

Same.

I just don't understand what kind of person does that.

God knows how long the cat was struggling to find its way home. It's just screwed up.

Small silver lining to this very, very dark cloud:

The cat found his way home. He knows who loves him, and trusted that person to take care of him. $600 ain't chump change to most of us, but I'd say, money well spent.

Good karma for the cat's person, the vet. staff, and you, kidage, for telling us about it.

(and to my former GF, who taught me how to see the good in this sort of thing.)

The silver lining part is true. Thanks for helping that be seen.

It's just messed up. One of those things that is so fucked up, you don't even want to talk about it but you can't stop thinking about it for a really long time, and it puts a damper on your entire mood.
What REALLY bothers me is that the person who did that more than likely comes to my store. It's your typical old fashioned neighborhood mom and pop store, the only store for miles and miles, and most everyone in the surrounding area comes daily.
We also feed the cats around there and let them take shelter. More often than not a few cats show up missing. From now on I'll always think that some sick fucker is taking them.
Good thing (albeit for unrelated reasons) we're installing more cameras outside next month.

Has this been reported to the police? It needs to be for sure!

So glad the cat found his way home and made it through...definately a infinate evil in this world...and almost every documented serial killer on record, who has discussed their actions admits to torturing animals as an initiation to human torture.

It is rare for serial killers to choose victims who could obviously open a can of whoop-ass on them. Most lure their victims in unawares...probably lured the cat with food and here kitty kitty. Sociopaths, feeling only compassion for themselves and their situations..it only matters when they are the ones being harmed...and they are only sorry when caught and punishment befalls them.

I would make sure your small community is very aware of the potential for an even greater tragedy, taking it very very seriously..and put forth a lot of effort to discover the criminal in this henious crime...it isn't just someone being cruel to a cat, it is someone practicing methods to mame and kill their own species to fulfill a bloodlust for other's pain and suffering.

Yes, it is not unusual for a serial killer to keep his nose clean in his own backyard, choosing to do their dirty work in another area, but..it also is not unusual for them to do just that..work out of their own backyard...so please, tell your townsfolk to watch their back...

I actually would think it was just fine if someone had caught the person doing it and simply shot them in the head with something bigger than a BB gun.
people like that ........... the world would be a better place without them.

The bad thing is it possible won't be the last one and if everyone in the community is very vigilant this person will be caught!

wtf is wrong with people

What are you after? Like a list?

I saw a clip last week about how they get that fur that's in vogue on jackets at the moment (well here in Holland anyway).

Some of it is plain synthetic of course, but a lot of it is dog fur from China.

... and they skin those dogs alive!

You can debate on wether or not to use fur, I won't get into that.

But why on earth skin these dogs alive? People making a real effort to be assholes?

Don't watch the clip, it made me pretty upset.

What are you after? Like a list?

I saw a clip last week about how they get that fur that's in vogue on jackets at the moment (well here in Holland anyway).

Some of it is plain synthetic of course, but a lot of it is dog fur from China.

... and they skin those dogs alive!

You can debate on wether or not to use fur, I won't get into that.

But why on earth skin these dogs alive? People making a real effort to be assholes?

Don't watch the clip, it made me pretty upset.

Yeah I don't think I would want to watch it but now I am aware! So thanks for that Chris.
My minds eye is showing me the inhuman brutality. Who is importing this stuff and who is purchasing it?

I think that the vets office took care of the incident and reporting it as well as they could.

I understand people that hunt and fish for food (NOT FUR). I personally couldn't do it but I understand that for most it's done in a humane way.
I don't understand why people feel the need to just be assholes and torture the animals. Will the fur be better? Will the meat taste better?

Pointless.

Back in 2008 this stray dog started hanging out around outside where I live. For about a month or 2 during the coldest months of the year. He didn't bother anyone, I would stare out of my window at him and he would just stay under this tree day and night. Never barked, never moved, never even went looking for food. We already had two dogs then so eventually I started leaving him food on my front porch on the way to school. It took a few days before he started eating it, but he did. Took him weeks to stop running to the next street when I tried to go beside him though.
Then this bitch old lady neighbor started throwing stuff at the dog and kicking him to get him to leave the street because "that clown is an annoyance". She called the dog catcher and cops on him so many times and one day they were finally able to catch him. My mom heard him crying outside (who knows what they did to catch him).
Long story kind of short, 4 years later- We stopped them from taking him that day, much to the dismay of the neighbor. We even named him 'Bozo' in ode to her calling him a clown.
He's sleeping under the kitchen table right now :D (he's scared of thunder).
He's got to be the most friendly and loyal dog I've ever come across.
Pretty sure he was kicked out of an abusive home though judging by how frightened he used to be of us, and how he'll run and hide from anyone else.

this guy came in at work today.
his cat was missing for a few days and showed up.
long story short.
His cat was shot (in the testicles, and the head multiple times with a bb gun (had its tongue split in half and all its teeth knocked out)) and left to be attacked by a dog.
Now the cat survived and $600 in vet bills later is alive and getting well.

But what the fuck?
Seriously.
That's really sick. And it reminds me of two sick minded brothers who lived in my neighborhood back in the early 1960s who would torture 2 cats by tying their tails together and drape them over a clothes line and watch the cats claw at each other. Then they would shoot the cats with a 22. In the 1990s I heard that one of the brothers hung himself and the other had shot himself. Karma.

lol @ deleting my post....really??

talk about super sensitive

I love how the meat eating public get all teary eyed about the treatment of domestic pets yet cram their faces full of meat from ill treated animals on a daily basis...reeks of hypocrisy to me

if your against the ill treatment of animals you dont eat them....period

lol @ deleting my post....really??

talk about super sensitive

I love how the meat eating public get all teary eyed about the treatment of domestic pets yet cram their faces full of meat from ill treated animals on a daily basis...reeks of hypocrisy to me

if your against the ill treatment of animals you dont eat them....period

clearly ive missed something

not really mate, i made a dumb joke and was censored, im on the censors list so no biggie

but i do stand by what i say about mammalcide, its the same folks that get messed up watching images of slaughterhouses or pigs getting bolts fired through their brains, yet cant make the connection when they buy their breaded cutlets in a polystyrene container from the supermarket

I never did get the pedestal that domestic animals get put on while theyre brethren are massacred

shame about the cat mind, I had to kill a cat with a housebrick when I was young as some tosser had set fire to it...Ill never forget it

not really mate, i made a dumb joke and was censored, im on the censors list so no biggie

but i do stand by what i say about mammalcide, its the same folks that get messed up watching images of slaughterhouses or pigs getting bolts fired through their brains, yet cant make the connection when they buy their breaded cutlets in a polystyrene container from the supermarket

I never did get the pedestal that domestic animals get put on while theyre brethren are massacred

shame about the cat mind, I had to kill a cat with a housebrick when I was young as some tosser had set fire to it...Ill never forget it

I understand your point, but it seems a bit different when it involves an animal that is one that you would consider a household friend, family member, or pet as some would call it. Though all creatures have their own right to live, humans need to eat. Cultivation of such animals, are obviously subject to criticism of how they are treated. Where the line is drawn between cruelty to pets, and the need to eat, is dependent upon our own individual morals.

I love a good, near raw steak, but that does not mean that I wont stick a jagged wooden spike into the heart of a human that dares to try to kill my dog. A personal fallacy maybe, but it does not change the fact that cows do not make up the group of mammals that I consider good friends. Some human friends are worse than cows actually. Maybe I need to change my diet plan....:guitar:

Back