wtf is wrong with people

I didn't know you where married Jim.
With all that talk about the type of food you eat. I naturally thought you lived the bachelors life.

But in all seriousness now ... a pet is an animal that puts their trust in us.
my pets are part of my family. I love and interact with them. I get many hours of joy and laughter from them and to the limits of their little doggie/cat minds ...... (and they're smarter than some give them credit for) .... they love me back. I mourn their passing ......
I don't have to justify my love for my animals.

As for the way we treat animals for meat ....... that does does disturb me and is why I periodically quit eating meat. I'll stop for a while and then the convenience of drive in windows does me in.
Pigs are smarter than dogs ..... they basically come to trust human beings who will kill them.

Yep ...... I do have a problem with that ......

my pets are part of my family. I love and interact with them. I get many hours of joy and laughter from them and to the limits of their little doggie/cat minds ...... (and they're smarter than some give them credit for) .... they love me back. I mourn their passing ......
I don't have to justify my love for my animals.

As for the way we treat animals for meat ....... that does does disturb me and is why I periodically quit eating meat. I'll stop for a while and then the convenience of drive in windows does me in.

Same.
and
Same.

I understand your point, but it seems a bit different when it involves an animal that is one that you would consider a household friend, family member, or pet as some would call it. Though all creatures have their own right to live, humans need to eat. Cultivation of such animals, are obviously subject to criticism of how they are treated. Where the line is drawn between cruelty to pets, and the need to eat, is dependent upon our own individual morals.

I love a good, near raw steak, but that does not mean that I wont stick a jagged wooden spike into the heart of a human that dares to try to kill my dog. A personal fallacy maybe, but it does not change the fact that cows do not make up the group of mammals that I consider good friends. Some human friends are worse than cows actually. Maybe I need to change my diet plan....:guitar:

kinda dragging the thread off topic but Ive never seen the point of pets..Im an animal lover I think, well I dont eat or harm them, but Ive never wanted one in my home or relying on me at all for that matter

I sometimes think that people who need a dumb animal to give them unconditional love have their own issues (no offense to anyone, my dad was an avid owner of dogs too)

as for the need to eat, as an overweight 44 year old I can vouch that meat is not needed to survive quite comfortably...pizzas and beer will get you through ;)

Animal abuse is just plain horrible. I have no mercy for those that commit. Let us not forgot the biggest person most people turn their heads the other way is Michael Vick. It is sad that he was able to resume his life after what he was responsible for.

You know, I've thought that when our day comes for judgement.... Man, some of us, will have a long distance or huge price to pay the all mighty when the time has come. We as "humans" are so far off it is sad sometimes.

You know, I've thought that when our day comes for judgement.... Man, some of us, will have a long distance or huge price to pay the all mighty when the time has come. We as "humans" are so far off it is sad sometimes.
I agree ............. and an awful lot of christians that think you simply have to say the magic words are gonna be surprised to find their actions counted too.

I respect your religion, but people should think twice about being an asshole regardless of if there's a god. It'll never happen of course.

I've been eating the more expensive "better life" (they call it "biologisch" here) meat these last few years. I don't think any animal should have a crappy life for 10 minutes of my enjoyment.

Eating this "better life" meat opens your eyes for instance on chicken meat. You can buy a chicken for as little as €2 in the supermarket, a "better life" chicken costs over €20. That gives you some perspective on what a shitty life those €2 chickens had.

I respect your religion, but people should think twice about being an asshole regardless of if there's a god. It'll never happen of course...

Ah, but it does. People who think like that often call themselves "humanist."

I am one.

Well guys, heard some news today through "the grapevine".

Most people who live in that area seem to be pretty sure of who did it. But know really knows what to do since the cat was missing and there isn't really any proof. Other than character traits, and this one suspected individual shooting squirrels in the past, and claiming he was going to shoot these same peoples' dog.
Not really sure what to do from here though.

Well guys, heard some news today through "the grapevine".

Most people who live in that area seem to be pretty sure of who did it. But know really knows what to do since the cat was missing and there isn't really any proof. Other than character traits, and this one suspected individual shooting squirrels in the past, and claiming he was going to shoot these same peoples' dog.
Not really sure what to do from here though.

Bear trap outside his back door sounds reasonable. :)

Back