Wilko!!!!!!!!!!!!

Err... yeah.. what was I thinking. England 0 Boks 36? The last time England got 0 points in a test match was 102 years ago... HOw could they plummet from being world cup holder to absolute crap in 4 years?

I dunno. Argentina beat France. You can too. This competition has proved interesting already. The ABs are playing Portugal in an hour and a half..... The ABs have been told to take it easy....

Another shocking performance, another shakey win for us. They were told to take it easy? Weren't you guys something like 90-13 up and one of your try scorers side-stepped the last portuguese man so he could place it between the posts?

Another shocking performance, another shakey win for us. They were told to take it easy? Weren't you guys something like 90-13 up and one of your try scorers side-stepped the last portuguese man so he could place it between the posts?

It was a slaughter. The Portuguese played with passion but ran out of gas after 20 mins. It became try fest after that. The final score was 108 - 18, I think. The ABs were just fitter, stonger and faster.

It was a slaughter. The Portuguese played with passion but ran out of gas after 20 mins. It became try fest after that. The final score was 108 - 18, I think. The ABs were just fitter, stonger and faster.

Congrats on the result, it was awesome rugby to watch, simply inspiring.

You heard we just scraped a 14-10 victory over Georgia, right? Just warming up, boys, we're just warming up. :D

On a serious note, everyone here is calling for our coach's resignation, and the country is in uproar after our poor performances. O'Sullivan also shot himself in the foot royally - he's not gonna get the job of Lions coach after this debacle.

I'm watching the France v Namibia game tonight, just to see what we're up against.

Btw, Wilko, have you heard of Brent Pope? I think he's one of your guys. He's a pundit over here now, and made the interesting point that what little American interest there is in the game is ruining the sport. Apparently, the US networks refused to pay for TV rights unless rucking was 'cleaned up' for the benefit of sensitive American viewers. Hence, no more raking with feet for the ball... I thought it was interesting stuff.

The last time England got 0 points in a test match was 102 years ago... HOw could they plummet from being world cup holder to absolute crap in 4 years?

Well, I like to think we helped them on their way by whupping them 43-13 in Croke Park in February.

On a serious note, it just shws what happens when you rely too much on one (merely mortal) player

Well, I like to think we helped them on their way by whupping them 43-13 in Croke Park in February.

On a serious note, it just shws what happens when you rely too much on one (merely mortal) player

Yep - that win at Croke Park was very important. So you only squeezed by against Georgia?

Rumour has it that the French strip is a darker blue than normal. This is because, if they meet the SBs in the final, the ABs will have to wear a white strip.

The Portugal game was an opposed training session. What tickled me though, was that after the match the ABs and the Portuguese went back out on the field and played touch rugby and soccer together. That is the true spirit of this competititon. :):)

On a serious note, everyone here is calling for our coach's resignation, and the country is in uproar after our poor performances. O'Sullivan also shot himself in the foot royally - he's not gonna get the job of Lions coach after this debacle.
He's still the only guy in the running with a proven record. I mean Ashton.... God help us all..:eek:

Err... yeah.. what was I thinking. England 0 Boks 36? The last time England got 0 points in a test match was 102 years ago... HOw could they plummet from being world cup holder to absolute crap in 4 years?

Basically England took their eyes off the ball four years ago. We have a habit of doing something really well and standing around admiring it while the rest of the world moves on.

Once we had an empire now we have half an Ireland:rolleyes:

Good luck to the All Blacks I sincerely hope they win it as they are by far and away the best team in the competition. Hard work should be rewarded.

Basically England took their eyes off the ball four years ago. We have a habit of doing something really well and standing around admiring it while the rest of the world moves on.

Once we had an empire now we have half an Ireland:rolleyes:

Good luck to the All Blacks I sincerely hope they win it as they are by far and away the best team in the competition. Hard work should be rewarded.

I think you are right. Was the English side really that dependant on Johnny Wilkinson? It seemed that once Martin Johnstone left and Clive Woodward was left in control things went pear shaped.

I remember a few years ago after England had lost twice to the ABs on a tour and the only points England had scored were penalties (no tries) Clive Woodward said that the ABs defence was poor........ He wasn't popular in NZ!

Anyway, it is a shame to see the England team struggling.

I think you are right. Was the English side really that dependant on Johnny Wilkinson? It seemed that once Martin Johnstone left and Clive Woodward was left in control things went pear shaped.

I remember a few years ago after England had lost twice to the ABs on a tour and the only points England had scored were penalties (no tries) Clive Woodward said that the ABs defence was poor........ He wasn't popular in NZ!

Anyway, it is a shame to see the England team struggling.
Johny Wilkinson was and still is a great points machine, wether kicking from hand or from the floor. He was never a great play maker. The guy in the cup winning side that called the plays was Will Greenwood, we need another guy like him. He new when to get Wilkinson to release the ball and when to keep it tight. With Johnson driving the pack the game plan was easy. Wilkinson just had to pop the ball out when the centres called it or kick for goal or position.

I'm not doing him down just pointing out who I think was the true play maker in the team at the time. England also spent hugely to win that trophy and ditched Woodward when he asked for more money to retain it. The rest is sadly becoming history.

Oh the pain of it:mad:

Johny Wilkinson was and still is a great points machine, wether kicking from hand or from the floor. He was never a great play maker. The guy in the cup winning side that called the plays was Will Greenwood, we need another guy like him. He new when to get Wilkinson to release the ball and when to keep it tight. With Johnson driving the pack the game plan was easy. Wilkinson just had to pop the ball out when the centres called it or kick for goal or position.

I'm not doing him down just pointing out who I think was the true play maker in the team at the time. England also spent hugely to win that trophy and ditched Woodward when he asked for more money to retain it. The rest is sadly becoming history.

I had a lot of respect for Johnny Wilko - an excellent kicker but he also didn't shy away from the hard tackles in defence. He may not have been a great playmaker, but I think he was (is) an excellent player.

Well the ABs haven't won it yet..... we will probably lose to the Wallabies in the Quarter Final as usual!

I had a lot of respect for Johnny Wilko - an excellent kicker but he also didn't shy away from the hard tackles in defence. He may not have been a great playmaker, but I think he was (is) an excellent player.

Well the ABs haven't won it yet..... we will probably lose to the Wallabies in the Quarter Final as usual!

Oh yeh, please don't get me wrong he was awesome as were most of that team, but in a game when little things make the difference he was surrounded by some great thinkers. Greenwood was one of them, Dawson was another, Json Robinson was and is second to none when it comes to presenting the ball in the tackle. He never gets turned over. Wilkinson was never shy of committing to the tackle and was great when we didn't have the ball in defense. Something England obviously lack now.

Oh yeh, please don't get me wrong he was awesome as were most of that team, but in a game when little things make the difference he was surrounded by some great thinkers. Greenwood was one of them, Dawson was another, Json Robinson was and is second to none when it comes to presenting the ball in the tackle. He never gets turned over. Wilkinson was never shy of committing to the tackle and was great when we didn't have the ball in defense. Something England obviously lack now.

Yep - well I hope England gets through to the play offs. I was so disappointed last time as the match everyone wanted to see was England Vs the All Blacks but it didn't happen. Shame.

It is pretty good to see the top 2 threads here are about rugby!

He's still the only guy in the running with a proven record. I mean Ashton.... God help us all..:eek:

I think the Lions Tours kinda suck anyway...it's asking alot of fifteen guys who don't normally play together to bond into a chesive unit in a matter of weeks to take on the best in the business.

They have done it in the past. A lot depends on the coach again. Also the selection. Last tour they went with all the Welsh players after a dubious Six Nations Grand Slam. Unfortunately they were as many predicted a flash in the pan.

What happened to you guys the other night? You were just as bad as us English:eek: One of the home nations has to play to potential soon or northen hemisphere rugby will be the laughing stock...Again:mad:

They have done it in the past. A lot depends on the coach again. Also the selection. Last tour they went with all the Welsh players after a dubious Six Nations Grand Slam. Unfortunately they were as many predicted a flash in the pan.

What happened to you guys the other night? You were just as bad as us English:eek: One of the home nations has to play to potential soon or northen hemisphere rugby will be the laughing stock...Again:mad:

Did you see the changes to the line up? Stringer was cut as was Hickie. They're old hands, and it was decided that while they are great players they're not producing the goods. Dunno how much of a change it'll be but we were very lucky to win that one.

:eek:. Still looks more like a fifth to me....;)
Yeh but if was "The Empire" it would all be pink as per the colonial days.:confused:

I think we are loosing the sense of irony now!! and the thread topic. Just seen the changes in the Ireland team for the next game. Hope it makes a difference.

At least we Wilkinson fit again for England. Shame Robinson is out. He was the only world class player we had on Friday.

Back