which wahh to buy?

gemsbok

ive had the morley years ago and didnt like it and it broke. i had my friends cry baby and liked it the best but the pots get scratchy after a while. i even owned the digitech and although built tough i didnt like the short throw. are the more expensive cry babys better built. are the pots any better or is it just the cost of having one that you have to replace components from time to time? i do rock (hard) mostly these days and some blues.

gemsbok,
I've had a Jimi Crybaby for years. I bought a Morley to see what I was missing out on. I sold the Morley within a weak. Yeah, it was quieter, but the sound & effect wasn't any good.
The Cry does get noisy but I get it serviced - could do it myself BUT I don't have the special ultra hi tech widget rubbing can of air. Well actually the tech gives it a good clean, spray & is there to actually fix something if it's broken - so far it's still a proverbial house brick that cries.
Didn't help much did I?
Cheers
rayc

I'm using a Dunlop Original Crybaby and Dunlop Mister. Crybaby volume/wah, both in my chain, and I wouldn't trade either for the world.

I bought a washburn wah..........inside everything was crybaby.....$59.00
Nice pedal!

I've never tried a Morley...But Vox I like vox wahs the most because I feel they give the LEAST amount of sweep. I don't use wahs pedals anymore, but I had a plain Crybaby and it is def. the best wah if you want a lot of the effect..there is a larger sweep on it. The Vox is best if you want a more subtle wah.

zakk wylde crybabies are really cool for heavier music. I have one, it is built like a tank and works really good with screaming solos.

jpw23- you got my curiousity with the washburn. i bought one new off ebay for 35$. figured you cant go wrong. it does indeed look like the crybaby and is built like a tank. the only thing i hate is that the battery indicator l.e.d. lite is on the footboard and pops out when you click the wah on and off. funny enough there is a hole on the side of the pedal that the l.e.d could go.i guess they had to alter the design a little so as not to copy the crybaby exactly. to fix the problem i had to pull the l.e.d. in a bit and hot glue it so its re-cessed now. i sprayed the pot with craig pro gold cleaner- protectant- lubricant and it is much smoother and rocks ! the next cheap pedal i may try is the behringer. its under 30$ . anyone try that one yet? http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Behringer-H...ryZ41422QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll second the Fulltone Clyde, or my current fave, the Snarling Dog Super-Bawl Whine-O. Say that ten times fast... Anyhow, one of the more versatile wahs i've used, being able to generate any sound I ever wanted out of a wah.

I have the origianl craybaby thing that is probably 10 or 15 years old. I get it out every once in a while, but I find that it sucks up some highs when it's in the signal chain whether it's on or off. I guess the ones with true bypass are supposed to be better.

It's one of those things that you think sounds cool, but if you go see a band and the guy uses his on more than 2 songs, you see that it sounds kinda lame.

Are you right foot or left foot? I used to use left foot for a long time, but then I moved the thing to front of the signal chain so I gotta use my right foot.

Back