Where to get Sytek?

SmattyG

Anyone know where they sell the Sytex MPX-4aii? Online prefferable.... about how much do they go for? What's a good price?

Acctually, that is one of the reasons I am asking. I'm wondering if this is a great deal that I should jump on, or if I can probably get one in time at the same price... I've acctually been offered one for under $800 with the BB on ch.3&4, and I want it, but can barely afford it right now. I'm trying to figure out if it's too good of a deal to pass up or not.

under $800 is a good deal. They are great preamps...I can get you a brand new one (as I'm a dealer for them) for $800. E-mail me if you like

A quick question, I have a sytek on the way, although what kind of connector is the out on it. I think it's xlr but I can't remember for sure. Are there any links where I can find a good XLR to 1/4 patch cable for it so I can connect it to my laya?

Ah, I already have one, so it looks like I'll just pick up another 3. Thanks for the quick resoponse, I'd hate to get it, then have to wait to play with it while I go buy extra crap!

Last edited:
The layla has balanced 1/4" inputs right (+4, -10 switchable I think)? So just make (or buy) cables that are XLR to TRS. No transfomer is needed.

BTW, I just bought the Sytek used for under $700 with Burr Browns on channels 3 and 4. Haven't played with it much yet, but definitely cool so far. I don't think it will replace my GR ME1NV on vox, but serious bang for the buck never the less.

chessrock said:
John Mayes just posted like 100 of them in a different thread. :D

Yeah I know I went a little overboard..hehe.... But mine are not mixed (cept by me and I'm not a mixing engineer by any means... heck I'm not much of a engineer at all.. But none the less I'll post this clip again. Very stripped down right now just vocals and guitar, but cello and keys are coming. I think I need to roll off the low end a bit more on the guitar and compress it a tiny bit more..., but who cares..I'm gonna have someone else mix it anyway... :) The whole thing was recorded with the Sytek. Gotta say I love this preamp. the bang for the buck is through the roof in value.

ozraves said:
[B}P.S. Sometimes, I wonder how many of these that Mike Gossett, Art Douglas and I have sold for Sytek. [/B]

Well, I figure you Oklahoma guys have gotta' be good for something at least. :D Like helping support Chicago's economy.

Mayor Daily thanks you! :D :D

Back