When can one call themselves a guitar player?

When can one call themselves a guitar player?

• When you own a guitar.

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • When you can string two chords together seamlessly

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • When you can play Stairway

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • When you wiggle your finger and it goes 'Wha~a~a~a~a'

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • When then?

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters

savageblues

When can one officially call themselves a guitar player?

I always tell people that if you can consistently play a fully barred B or F, you're there.

When SOMEONE ELSE says you're a guitar player. If you say it yourself, you're a wanna be.

If you have ever watched Stevie Ray Vaughn or Eric Clapton play and said to yourself, "I could do that." ...then you might be a guitar player.

ggunn said:
If you have ever watched Stevie Ray Vaughn or Eric Clapton play and said to yourself, "I could do that." ...then you might be a guitar player.

If you said to yourself, "I could do that.........better!" ...then you might be a keyboard player.

If your idea of fun is wanking on Jackson through a Marshall in GC on a Saturday afternoon trying to play "Smells Like Teen Spirit", you might be a guitar player.

soundchaser59 said:
If you said to yourself, "I could do that.........better!" ...then you might be a keyboard player.

Amen!

That's the shit that resulted in me kicking my stupid keyboarders ass to the curb. He still argues that he can do anything a guitar player can. What a joke.

We call him Gaythoven

Adam

Gosh, by all the criteria people have posted, I'm a guitar player... except for the "Teen Spirit" thing.

My answer was gonna be "I don't know, 'cause I've been doing it for 40 years and I still don't call myself a guitar player."

when then

IMHO

When playing guitar brings the food on yer table.

...which means I'll never be more than an amateur.. :rolleyes:

..can't go telling everyone you're a rocket scientist if you go around cleaning rooms for a living?...

Last edited:
You were just pissed that he was right.

marshall409 said:
Amen!

That's the shit that resulted in me kicking my stupid keyboarders ass to the curb. He still argues that he can do anything a guitar player can. What a joke.

We call him Gaythoven

Adam

Back