What's your Tascam product?

Started out in 80s with 246 cassette recorded onto a TEAC 80-8 1/2" R to R and 112R Mk2 cassette recorder.
5 years ago I bought a DP-01 downloaded into my ancient Navy Exchange Nakamichi cassette recorder - sometimes a borrowed CD Burner.
In Jan, bought a DP-02 and broke out the old Tascam 80/8 R to R that I bought from a studio in the early 90's.

Just got my Tascam DP-008 as an upgrade to my DP-01.

I'm fairly impressed with the unit for the size.

I figured out how to do basic recording and master mixes, then tried exporting tracks to the card and copying files to computer via USB. I'm not sure if I like the way Vista handles the procedure since I got an error message after a "left click" to remove the unit as stated in the manual. I actually had to right click, select the USB port in use, then click "stop" and select the "Tascam-DP-008" from the listed devices before getting a safe to remove message from the computer. I do like how, after hooking the USB port to the unit and to the computer, the FAT32 partition on the memory card is "opened" automatically compared to the "open/close" function you have to use with the DP-01, but I definitely think there should've been a way to close the FAT32 partition with the unit still connected instead of having to fuss with Vista icons in the taskbar to safely remove it as a device. I also don't understand why the unit restarts itself after the fact, but oh well.

The only other drawbacks that I see have to do with the headphone jack. I don't mind the 1/8" input, but I almost felt like I was damaging it because I had to really push to get the connector to go in. The fit is too snug for my taste. The same thing applies to the 1/4" inch inputs, but maybe that has something to do with the fact that I haven't used a multitrack since I bought my DP-01 in 2006.

The 2 GB SD card seems like it'll be enough space for me since I plan to do one song at a time, but I wish connecting to a computer was a little more plug and play.

Overall, I'm happy with it and sure it will pay for itself so long as I take care of it.

I do have the TASCAM DR-03... however, I'm starting to use Audacity more frequently as its a lot more user friendly. Therefore, now I plan to buy a good sound card like the external creative sound blaster X-Fi.

I have a 424mkIII that I love for simple demo scratchpad stuff, and I've done some semi-serious recordings on it that turned out pretty good too.
And I just picked up a sweet little 22-2. All it needed was a new belt and it was off to the races! Best $50 I spent in a long time!

newbie to this board/forum/site. Tascam MK122ii with Adobe Audition 3.0 in a Windows 7 PC. Like posted earlier, a few teething problems along with steep learning curve from me. Went from sweatin' bullets to a grin on my face at learning a new hobby.

Well as far as my TASCAM products go, I have

424 MkII (Mint condition and used regularly)
414 MkIII (This was my first foray into TASCAM land)
788 (Haven't even used it yet) Purchased off evil bay-trying to find a power supply. HELP!!!!!!! :)

Hey everyone! My name is Gerry. I just started school for Studio Recording and sound Design. Now I'm in the works of buying a Tascam DM-3200...but have a problem. I need to ship an Original DM3200 box to the guy I 'm buying the unit from...he's in Miami....well close to it. Can anyone help!
The owner and I have the same problem.....we wouldn't like any damage to come to such I nice console in transit....that's why I'm asking for your help. If anyone has a box for the Dm-3200 and wouldn't mind parting with it . I would be grateful for your help...I'll pay for shipping to sent it to him. Then I could get to work picking your great minds, and learning some new shortcut in Recording, Mixing and Mastering.
Well thanks to all.
Gerry.
P.S If you have a box you can email me at gmcobra@gmail.com
Be Safe

Back