What's your Tascam product?

Cassette Portastudio's only for me.

424 Mk III

l_a42212183b61417cb0c3b941a14ec4be.jpg

MF-P01

l_b89d03f29561408ba86e88d0e0ffbb90.jpg

All get used

:)

What The Heck, lets keep the list going.
Yea! Just saw this one after being here since 2000!!:eek::o

Well, heres what I use.

M3700 Mixer
M-1000 Midiizer
TDM-1000 digital mixer
(2) MSR-16 tape machines
42b Mixdown 1/4" tape machine
122b Cassette deck

is.php

is.php

is.php

no pics of the other stuff.

Hey frederic! If you read this..do all your TDM's still work. Something is wrong with mine. Didn't have the power supply but my "inhouse" tech hooked it up with some other thing. He couldn't get the digital stuff to work, but said all the analog stuff was ok. Although, he didn't have much time that day to really dig into it.
is.php

Haven't tried to use it in months, so I'll have to remember whats wrong with it. Maybe you'll have a clue. I'll be back.

fitZ

Last edited:
Boy, seems like I have only visited the "analog only" forum..Needed to scroll down a little further..doh!

Tascam Porta 05. My first fourtracker (not mine in this pic though) that fell from a great height onto a bed but still managed to whack out the transport. Not functioning, in a box, on a shelf, occupying space..

Great layout.

(clicky on these next two if you like)
Now have a dbx and a dolby S version of the 238. Only use the dbx for now though until i get it together to swap out the just now starting to crackle caps on the S unit.

Smitten, seem to have made a pet project out of a thread dedicated to these fine beasts.

Beyond these, got a dp-008 on impulse a month or two back. Have used it a few times. Cute little bugger.

and I have one of their red flash-memory guitar trainers somewhere that I think I lent out.

And geez, what's with all the lists folks? Break out those cameras people so we can see this stuff in context!:D

The TASCAM answer is probably simple, except for me...

Hi- I just got a near-new Tascam Portastudio 424 MK III (that's "3") and I'm stuck. When I try to play prerecorded cassettes, the sound comes out backwards! I read and re-read the manual but I don't understand how to shut off the "other two channels" so I can hear the original music played correctly instead of hearing it backwards or with the other side of the tape leaking through. Somebody must know what I need to do to simply play a factory tape (like a Dylan, Joe Pass, Tom Petty or Neil Young cassette) to hear it properly. Right now they all sound backwards. Thanks for any help you can give me. - Syagrus, June 12, 2010.

Last edited:
424 MK III and It Seems Complicated

,,,when you are new to this. I got a "near-new" Tascam Portastudio 424 MK III and when I tried to play back prerecorded cassettes, the music always came out sounding backwards. I downloaded the manual and tried to follow the instructions, including turning off channels 3 and 4. But I still heard the stuff played backwards. There must be an answer, but I don't know what it is. Thanks.

Hey frederic! If you read this..do all your TDM's still work. Something is wrong with mine. Didn't have the power supply but my "inhouse" tech hooked it up with some other thing. He couldn't get the digital stuff to work, but said all the analog stuff was ok. Although, he didn't have much time that day to really dig into it.
is.php

Rick,

I would need a bit more detail than 'the digital stuff is dead' because the whole thing is pretty much digital, and most of it is on one board if I remember correctly. I haven't had to open one in years, as all of mine work still.

I've had issues with the power supplies overheating and dying suddenly and I've managed to get replacements on ebay. 9V 4A AC out. Big !

Drop me a note or a call and I'd be happy to help.

Since the forum is down, can we generate a list for a forum newbie like me who doesn't know what Tascam product people are using? I guess something like below :

Malcolm > Digital Console > TMD4000 > 4 years usage.
I have a Tascam 4 track cassette Portastudio MF-P01.
But it won't play. I took it out of storage and decided to play with it and it doesn't remember how to play a cassette. If anybody can bail me out here, it would be nice.
It was stored in the original box and it looks brand new.

Well, since this zombie thread has been awoken, I'll go ahead and add my piece or two to the list:

M-2516 mixer
122b cassette deck
TSR-8 1/2" reel
38 1/2" reel
424mkII (2 of 'em)
DP-02CF
DP-004

Dave has EVERYONE beat in terms of Tascam equipment though.:p

Ok, so I've added a DA-88, CD-X1500, MD-801RmkII, and a 32.:p

Thanks for digging this out :D

• M-3500 32/32/8 mixing console
  • Syncaset 234L-AV cassette deck 4 track
  • 34B reel to reel 4 track 1/4"
  • ATR-60/16 reel to reel 16 track 1"

That's all for now. I'm keeping my eyes open for a 2 track and I'm not sure what to get, yet. I had considered a BR-20 or a 52 as I like the omega transport, but these are hard to find here in Germany. It's much easier to obtain a Studer PR99 but then it's not a Tascam :D

Cheers
Tim

uhmm... ok. This is getting out of control. Added:
  • ATR-60/2 1/4" IEC half track
  • BR-20 1/4" IEC half track
  • US-2400 24 channel DAW controller (motorized faders, yay!)
  • another ATR-60/16 (always have spares ;))
  • 58 (seller threw it in on the ATR-60/16 deal)
  • ES-50/51 Synchronizer (same as above)
  • RC-65 Remote Control

Need. More. Gear.

Last edited:
My one and only analog recorder is a Tascam 112R cassette deck that hasn't arrived yet. It will be the first tape deck I've had in many years, and I can't wait! :)

Back