what's your favorite cheap nice guitar

160 for an ash bodied jazz bass, cheap in price not in quality. Cant wait till rondo gets the new stock

Attachments

• spjashna1.jpg
    spjashna1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 101
bought this the the other day for $65 new (still had the plastic on it)

DSC04678.jpg

it had a broken neck but with a steam iron and a wallpaper scraper managed to get the neck/headstock off so I could reglue it

DSC04679.jpg

been playing her for two days now..actions fine, stays in tune...can only even notice it was a repair when playing an F or something...I think its better pickups on the 220D just as a bonus :)

Or this one...made in japan early 70's copy for $40 from some teenage girl who thought short scale meant childs

DSC04683.jpg

needed a clean, strings, tuners replaced, and thumbrest...everything else works fine, just used it on my last track :)

(cheap threads may be the only ones I can participate in... being so cheap yanno lol)

That little bass looks good, I've had a couple short scale basses that worked pretty well. I had a Musicmaster Bass that wasn't much longer than a guitar--only problem was when Fender quit making short scale bass strings:confused:.

Now I have a Cort P Bass I got for $15.00 and a Curbside Upgrade Peavey T-40. Somebody made the Peavey fretless and refinished it in Minwax Dark Brown--I followed the path of least resistance and swapped necks, rather than refret the T-40 neck.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 95
That little bass looks good, I've had a couple short scale basses that worked pretty well. I had a Musicmaster Bass that wasn't much longer than a guitar--only problem was when Fender quit making short scale bass strings:confused:.

I managed to get a few packs on ebay so Ill keep a hold of them....my full scale's a mid nineties premier that still has the same strings on it from then I think!

yeah she's a beaut..great condition and the bridge pick up packs a punch..the neck one's worse that useless though :)

Now I have a Cort P Bass I got for $15.00 and a Curbside Upgrade Peavey T-40. Somebody made the Peavey fretless and refinished it in Minwax Dark Brown--I followed the path of least resistance and swapped necks, rather than refret the T-40 neck.

$15! lol.....I thought about changing the neck on the JT but that seemed even scarier than steaming the fretboard...love live cheapos ;)

My fav cheapie axe, it's a Tanglewood Tomkat MK1, picked it up for £70 on ebay, very gay looking inlays, I like it. Very dark sounding wee beastie. :)

Last edited:
And the P Bass is fretless, not a big job on either, except for rewiring the T-40.

There's not nearly as much cheap stuff around here as there used to be, everybody thinks they've got antiques, but I still manage to dig up a few.

My fav cheapie axe, it's a Tanglewood Tomkat MK1, picked it up for £70 on ebay, very gay looking inlays, I like it. Very dark sounding wee beastie. :)
oooh suits you sir
gay.gif

she looks a nice one CM...these get great reviews, theres one on ebay for 5 quid cheaper and its a project!

:)

And the P Bass is fretless, not a big job on either, except for rewiring the T-40.

There's not nearly as much cheap stuff around here as there used to be, everybody thinks they've got antiques, but I still manage to dig up a few.

tell you what there is here..a ton of gibsons on c'list list from about $600 up, tough times for folks..I couldn't justify one....there's also the odd chinese clone, what do these guys think..they're flagged in about a minute :rolleyes:

mind you I was tempted to get a gibson flying V clone for $150 and see what I could do with some new hardware...just feels wrong though

oooh suits you sir
gay.gif

she looks a nice one CM...these get great reviews, theres one on ebay for 5 quid cheaper and its a project!

:)

Lol. :D

Cheers dude, that one is mint, not a scratch, doubt it was ever played. :)

Also the South Park cuddly toys ain't mine, honest. :o

mind you I was tempted to get a gibson flying V clone for $150 and see what I could do with some new hardware...just feels wrong though

Just look out for one of the Korina Epiphones, I worked on one for a guy and it was just as nice as any recent Gibson--and they even have the "right" headstock.

We have an artificial Boom here because the University is on a big expansion kick--so not too many desperation sales yet.

I did get a MIM Tele Standard for $100.00 back in March, it needed set up, but not too bad otherwise. The kid I bought it from told me he was selling it because he'd bought a Silvertone amp in case guitar for $400.00--after that, any remorse I had flew away.

Ibanez AS-73

Got mine at Guitar Center ....they knocked off $50 because it had a very small scratch/rub mark on the back of the neck from being handled by customers. Best $240 I ever spent.

Surprised nobody mentioned the gretsch electromatic jets. Order one with the hardtail and you got yourself a very giggable/recordable cheap guitar.

Back