at first I didn't notice anything paranormal there.... heh heh,
so....
what is wrong with this picture?
:D

Attachments

• why_would_you_do_that.jpg
    why_would_you_do_that.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 66
Aha, so I wonder what fine recordings are on those two full reels of tape they are about to splice together? Then I wonder what they are going to do with it. 1,200' of tape takes a bit to unravel and wind back onto a bigger reel and I guess 2,400' feet would take longer.

Unless of course you start in the middle?

But then you have to decide which direction to take? Wouldn't you?

:)

G

There maybe a "normal situation" there. I'd guess somebody has just recorded a great speech, but then has realized that he forgot to say: "Hello, My name is Jimmy" at the beginning" :D

I was looking at the long ends of the tape they didn't cut off. I didn't realize that both reels were about full until jedblue pointed it out. Hey give me a brake, I just got up!

I had pancakes for breakfast this morning. They were quite tasty. I have a feeling he's got the wrong recipe though.

This post somehow snuck its way into my dreams last night. I dreamed that this happened to me, and I couldn't figure out how I allowed it to happen...

I was looking at the long ends of the tape they didn't cut off. I didn't realize that both reels were about full until jedblue pointed it out. Hey give me a brake, I just got up!

I only read the first post and didn't realize at the time, that it was noticed by someone else.

Maybe he's using a "piece" of one full reel as LEADER for another.

(I might have done that myself. But, I won't admit it.)

Rich Smith
Huh, I actually had couple of reels like that, found in a bunch of old tapes. The improvised "leader tape" was actually attached magnetic side out, backing side in.

Hey, guys, thanks to all for "debunking" the mystery :D

Back