Whats the last CD you bought?

I think you should make 20 or so physical CD's and send 4 to CDBaby then give the rest to friends. Use Kunaki for your duplication service. I think that is the best bang for the buck. Ink usage alone, if your art work has a lot of black in it, is worth the cost.

If you're doing shows and get a turn out, then you might consider a regular replication service like discmakers and order 500 - 1000.

Did I get duplication and replication straight?? I can never remember which is which.... :rolleyes:

Does CD Baby want 4 in order to see your downloads?

Spam for your CD? I paid postage for joeym's CD Angels Fall.....

lol. I'm months away from even having enough songs for a CD - so I wouldn't go as far as saying spam for my CD

I think I would feel more like I actually made an album if I had a physical CD - I think a short run like Chili said is probably what I will do. I was also thinking about making some promo samplers for LiveFrequency - put like 20 artists on there and give it away at music stores and stuff...

I still buy plenty of physical albums - I don't really like the idea of holding a virtual record collection that's held hostage to the health of my hard drive.

The last album I bought was Vespertine by Bjork a couple of weeks back - though Amazon tried to get away with sending me 'The Best of Funky Divas' instead. I wouldn't even use that crap for a coaster :cursing:

I've got a 12 LP box set by Calexico currently on pre-order - that was one hell of an expensive luxury, but I can't wait...

I only listen digitally--on my computer when I'm working, or my iPod when I'm out and about. But I don't buy downloads. I'll always be a sucker for the physical product. I buy CDs, then rip 'em right away. I've bought 10 this week--they're sitting here on my desk waiting to be ripped: Dan Hill, Van Halen, Zac Brown, Leon Redbone, Mike & The Mechanics, Shaw/Blades, Maroon5, Jeff Ball, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lee Ritenour.

Rage Against the Machine 5 CD Collection just a couple of days from now. :p It's in da mail....

Before that was probably a couple of years ago on some Lynrd Skynrd...

I honestly can`t remember??
it was either emerson lake and palmer...or fleetwood mac, "ohh well"..or whatever the heck the name of the album is..

of course, I still could be wrong about both of them, but it does seam like one of them was the last one I purchased..

EDIT:..well, that did`nt take long..I now believe it may have been paul simon, shinning like a national guitar.....maybe??..LOL..I give up...

The last CD I bought was a CD by some obscure band called The Fromunda Brothers from Kentucky.

3 new CD's last week, all by Heather Dale. Her newest, and 2 I didn't already own. No downloads- will not listen to MP3's.-Richie

31 years on, I still do. For me, it's the high water mark of Tulldom.

Thick as a Brick for me...

I just got another batch from Amazon.... been trying to find The Triffids Black Swan (I have the LP) for years, but it was unavailable until someone recently did a re-release... but as I already had the vinyl I really wasn't keen on forking out $30 for it... turned up on Amazon for about $10, maybe less... and this is an Australian band... go figure.

Good to hear this song again after about 10 years... awesome up loud!

Back